• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah that sucks when you want to dodge something and immediately land in the middle of the opponents.

What annoys me with Samuro is the reliance on a healer. With Zera I could always be lonewolf but when you're low with Samuro all the copies will be low as well and I have to constantly back or tap well.

Maledict

Yes, it's completely random which of the three positions you appear in to prevent the enemy team knowing which one is you. Otherwise there would be no deception involved in the ability at all.

Day one reactions almost never tell the full story, so I'm just going to go ahead and ignore Reddit's opinions on him until I can get my hands on him.

Having said that, I've watched a few games of the dual wield build in action and that shit looks crazy OP

Also, if anyone here is a big Auriel fan I've come up with a build that I think actually somehow makes her even MORE fun to play than she already was. Give it a shot and let me know if you think its as fun as I do. Level 16 is kind of whatever works best for your team, but the rest of the talents are so fucking fun when you combine them all. You become a seriously potent assassin/healer combo and its all I've been playing for a few days now.

I like Auriel a lot. I'm not very good at the game, but I'll give it a shot sometime. Thanks for the idea.

scoobs

Battered assault sure seems strong

Sure is refreshing seeing them buff the bad talents and leave immolation alone. Immo is so core to Illidan's kit that I really think it should be baseline and they try another new talent at level 1.

brian!

That's too much buffing i think, it's cool that they put out a greedy option and safe option which is how im seeing it, ill prob test camp clear when i get home

Also yeah that lvl16 zera talent...

Ketch

I hate the randomness of how it splits you without the ult. Sometimes it puts me where I want, sometimes it puts me backwards or to the side. I don't even know WTF the rhyme or reason is. It's probably something simple I missed, but it's annoying.

I think it's random on purpose.

Speaking off I hate how Mirror image works. I want immediate control of all images w/o having to disable the AI and hitting Q then 4

Did they add that AI thing to vikings? I haven't tried them lately

Alur

I think it's random on purpose.

I guess so but it's often as annoying as it is helpful. "woohoo I'm getting away o shi it put me closer to them fuuuu"

You should be able to mouse in the direction you want it to place you with the mirrors.

Ketch

I guess so but it's often as annoying as it is helpful. "woohoo I'm getting away o shi it put me closer to them fuuuu"

You should be able to mouse in the direction you want it to place you with the mirrors.

Yea I guess that would be more ideal, not sure how they'd implement that though.

I think its still better then like always spawning in the back or something because once people figured it out you'd just always get stunned after splitting.

the zeratul buffs sound stupid... but I guess there's more ways to reveal stealth now?

Alur

Zeratul gonna wreck regardless if all these complaints are even semi-accurate. I didn't think there was anything wrong with him to begin with TBH.

ranked really has a way of breaking your spirit. Bot gets you into demotion game, next team is filled with a bunch of morons who just won't stop staggering deaths. Our support Malf just waltzes up to the enemy team to TD them, misses completely and all of that while our tank was dead. How hard is it for people to just stay in base when you're behind and people on your team are dead. Nah gotta try 1v5 them.

Dreavus

ranked really has a way of breaking your spirit. Bot gets you into demotion game, next team is filled with a bunch of morons who just won't stop staggering deaths. Our support Malf just waltzes up to the enemy team to TD them, misses completely and all of that while our tank was dead. How hard is it for people to just stay in base when you're behind and people on your team are dead. Nah gotta try 1v5 them.

Classic MOBA behaviour. Sometimes people in the moment think they can still "help" by trying to contest/poke at an objective even when behind but often it just gets them killed too. It's like "the other team won the fight, so they get the objective now." That's how it works! If you try and fight them now they'll just get further ahead. Happens in Dota a lot too. :(

brian!

It's even more essential in hots because of how exp works in the game and how effective the # advantage is, but tbh when ppl dont do stuff when they can gets me more riled up

Lava wave sounds so ridiculous. Catapults? Not a thing anymore!

The thing is though

It can only travel down a lane, and it doesn't damage fortifications. That means that you can't use it in the jungle, and it'll always have a lengthy travel time. However, it does amazing damage(603 per second while standing in it).

But....because it kills minions immediately, it means it's a great defense tool. I wonder if it kills mercs immediately?

I like this quote, from the SMITE sub-reddit of all places, on the subject of tilting...

The concept of Tilt in a MOBA setting is borrowed from poker, especially high-stakes poker. To quote Wikipedia, Tilt is, "A state of mental or emotional confusion or frustration in which a player adopts a less than optimal strategy, usually resulting in the player becoming over-aggressive....It is a relatively frequent occurrence due to frustration, animosity against other players, or simply bad luck." To put it in simpler terms, it's when you lose your cool in a match and start making mistakes. Unfortunately, due to psychological projection, a person is often more likely to blame something (or anything) other than themselves for negative outcomes--this is where you get situations like ADC's blaming their supports when they die, or the team blaming their jungler for failed ganks--and a person who is experiencing tilt may suffer from this projection more vehemently, to the point where they disrupt or outright ruin the game for the rest of their team.

There's so many things that can cause a player to tilt, the previous match they just played, hero selection in the draft phase in the new match, initial talent selection, laning comps, whether or not the team responds to requests for help, whether or not everyone shows up for objectives, etc.

The only thing you can really do is learn to recognise when you're doing it.

I was on major tilt tonight and I quit 2 games later. Now all I want to do is brawl or never play again, seriously contemplating the latter if I hadn't invested a considerable amount of money into the game.

Celegus

I always thought tilt was borrowed from pinball when people would get mad and try to physically tilt the table to get the ball where they wanted it and then it would lock your flippers.

The current Brawl is probably the least designed mode I have ever seen in any Moba and I am the one who played Infinite Crisis, Dawngate and Arena of Fate.

Barely suffered through all 3 games, if it wasn't for playing with a friend I would hate quit after 5mins into the first game.

Dr. Buni

The current Brawl is probably the least designed mode I have ever seen in any Moba and I am the one who played Infinite Crisis, Dawngate and Arena of Fate.

Barely suffered through all 3 games, if it wasn't for playing with a friend I would hate quit after 5mins into the first game.
The current Brawl is ARAM. ARAM is great.

That being said, Chromie is ridiculously stupid in this mode. Ugh.

Maledict

It's the team balancing. Completely random doesn't work in a Aram without items and with hard class roles. Try playing an all melee team versus a team with a proper tank and chromie / li-Ming is the essence of unfun.

Would say that chromie is woefully unfun in any play mode mind you... ;-)

It worked in LoL because Riot had a lot of systems to compensate some terrible outcomes of ARAM:

1. Builds and even Aram specific items to compensate ineffective characters like tanks. Later poro spell became a staple for melee characters to provide a free long-range gap closer.
2. No super-healers in the game, sure Soraka can provide some free health, but LoL characters are usually expending their mana pools or other resources to provide a lot of healing.
3. Lower range spellcasters who usually put themselves at risk if they want to land poke. There are exceptions in LoL, but it is much worse in HotS.
4. Rerolls and swaps.

Feels like nobody put any thought into this mode, just threw it together and deployed.

scoobs

ARAMs been a thing for more than a year now in HOTS. People liked it so much they created a dedicated ARAM channel and set up custom games for it. Blizzard created a map just so these people could have a real ARAM map to play on.

Believe it or not, lots of people find it quite enjoyable.

Maledict

ARAMs been a thing for more than a year now in HOTS. People liked it so much they created a dedicated ARAM channel and set up custom games for it. Blizzard created a map just so these people could have a real ARAM map to play on.

Like I said though - custom game Arams are significantly better than this mode. They have a better and saner balance system.

Dr. Buni

IWould say that chromie is woefully unfun in any play mode mind you... ;-)
Yes, she is obnoxious, but unless she is last pick, you can try to draft somefin to deal with her :x Unless you are playing QM.
It worked in LoL because Riot had a lot of systems to compensate some terrible outcomes of ARAM:

1. Builds and even Aram specific items to compensate ineffective characters like tanks. Later poro spell became a staple for melee characters to provide a free long-range gap closer.
2. No super-healers in the game, sure Soraka can provide some free health, but LoL characters are usually expending their mana pools or other resources to provide a lot of healing.
3. Lower range spellcasters who usually put themselves at risk if they want to land poke. There are exceptions in LoL, but it is much worse in HotS.
4. Rerolls and swaps.

Feels like nobody put any thought into this mode, just threw it together and deployed.
It is undoubtly an inferior experience if compared to League of Legend's ARAM mode, but it is not that bad, really.

It's a pretty poor experience, didn't enjoy a single Brawl this time. Especially given they remove hearthing/regen in the start area. Spent a good chunk of the last match as Falstaff with no mana, his mobility also useless. Not that fixing those mechanical issues would have solved the Butcher who liked diving in 1v5 out of range of the Auriel who it wasn't clear knew how to play the char, and also picked resurrection before dropping from the match. Yay brawl.

brian!

The brawls i played were pretty balanced
Def way more balanced than getting two falstad and two tyrande on attack in the incoming brawl lol

People's criteria changes when it goes from the make-believe rules in the custom game to something that Blizzard puts out, especially when they encourage playing it with the progression rewards.

Also fun fact: Quick play is 4-5 minutes of searching. Brawl was around 1 minute. I think around 20% of my HotS time I sit in q when we are searching for Quick Match. (Levels 25-30ish)

Pooya

every brawl I played today, the other team had two mages and we had none, no healers either. turns out mages are pretty good in this.

Syf

Banned
I've watched it three times Alur. And still tear up at the part when the families are on and stuff. I didn't actually watch it though.

Zackat

they gave muradin... more health....

krabs.jpg

Alavard

I get what they're going for, since his winrate across all leagues for non-pros is 47%, but I would have gone the other way and buffed his damage while nerfing his health.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom