• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Li-Ming is really cool. Kind of feels like a long-distance Murky.

RE new rewards: I've dropped $200 on this hand so free stuff sounds good.

Alur

If that's an indication of loot boxes I dunno how I feel about that.

I've long defended them for hero costs/skin costs, and I've certainly given them enough money. That might be a bridge too far, though, if there's not some overall price reduction coming with it. When you're asking $10 a hero and $20+ a hero/skin/mount bundle, it's hard for me to feel good about stuff being gated behind random loot boxes as well.

Naturally we don't know if that's the case, but I'd say it's more likely than it being part of the new progression system as they've already had that reward mechanism in game since the beginning of time. If if is part of the new progression system, that's a pretty strange ass way to name it IMO.

Li-Ming is really cool. Kind of feels like a long-distance Murky.

Haha, maybe if Murky could reset Octo-grab and then use it to lockdown the next target if he killed the first one. And was capable of never dying. And wasn't completely useless like he has been for the past however long.

Syf

Banned
If there's new exclusive content locked behind loot boxes and the RNG is as shitty as Overwatch that'll suck but if it's a way to unlock more existing content for free by playing more I'll love it. I doubt they just start tossing us free skins for playing though idk.

Alur

I'd be shocked if they let you use gold for loot boxes (if they were implemented) at any kind of reasonable conversion rate. It'd be nice though. Even after buying Varian I still have 90k gold and I barely do dailies and didn't play for most of three months.

I'd be more upset with Loot Box exclusive content if they are paid than Loot Boxes just containing random content that already exists. Considering the small fortune they've gotten from me so that I could have every mount that's been released, to have to RNG one would not be in my top five favorite things to do or even something I would want to do at all.

Dice

Played with my brother who is a noob and omfg I forgot just how bad teams can get on low MMR. How does anyone get into this game?

Edit: Also, that reminded me why I originally got into warriors, because your team can suddenly hang you out to dry and you can still get out of there alive.

Pooya

so stimpak on brawl gives you the most gold per game right? 50 per win seems too good. considering how quick it is, hmm.

Milly79

I really don't think Twin Blades is the way to go. The gap closer + vuln is ridiculous. With a talented Q and stun on E... E > R > Q > AA crit melts so hard.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
so stimpak on brawl gives you the most gold per game right? 50 per win seems too good. considering how quick it is, hmm.

yeah, I've tried mentioning to the "brawl has no reward" crowd that the gold gain with a stim is insane..it's like 100g every 16-18 mins for this brawl. the first brawl was similar but this one is much faster. i play like 4-5 a day and the gold adds up

kirblar

Loot Boxes Inc?
bWhvvkv

Celegus

Loot boxes? Consider me intrigued. That would make a case for the new progression / leveling system, but hopefully something is retroactive for those of us with a lot of heroes already leveled high.

Alucrid

Banned
Type /join nexuschallenge into the chat in game. That channel has groups forming hot and heavy and you can knock it out easy. Just make sure to friend someone who is in the group you join.

thanks. didn't even need to say a word and got an invite. people want that genji

scoobs

I really don't think Twin Blades is the way to go. The gap closer + vuln is ridiculous. With a talented Q and stun on E... E > R > Q > AA crit melts so hard.

Actually I feel like R > E > Q > AA is the way to go, as his stun does very good damage at level 16 and you want the vuln already on the target before you stun. Maybe if you can't get in range to use your ult you E first.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Takes about 90 mins to finish nexus with sylv, hammer, rexxar, malf, and gaz assuming no one loads slowly

scoobs

I think he's just a solid hero who is specifically good against a lot of the meta heroes right now. He's not flashy but he gets the job done. The 5% uptick seems weird to me, but maybe there's something to it

Vimes

Just got my Night Elf portrait.

Night_Elf_Betrayer_Collection_Portrait.jpg

Not sure how long I'd been working toward it, but I'm pretty sure it's been nearly a year since I put my nose to the grindstone with Illidan/Malf/Tyrande, and I've been playing since Alpha so I had them all >L6 to start. I don't even know how to use the full hero pool anymore. All that for a JPG, not sure how to feel.

(They were my guys in WCIII, barely touched WoW.)

Dice

tried auriel

2nd highest damage of team and 50% of team's damage healed

ayyyyyyyyyy lmao

scoobs

Auriel is amazingly fun, hoping to god they can manage to make their future supports half as entertaining to play.

Any good impressions for new kharazim? Curious if I'll be able to run his damage build and not get yelled at by my teams

Just played a game against McIntyre, I was dehaka and kept tonguing him (lol) and killing him. I hopped on his stream after and he said I was damn good w/ dehaka. He's also drunk I think, but still ... feeslgoodman.

Also, I'd like to challenge anyone to find a more satisfying thing in this game than burrowing as Dehaka RIGHT ON TOP of an Abathur. So amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom