• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ketch

also, those numbers seem way off... the average damage soaked by artanis is 117k?

and mine was 25% higher? so like 150k? that seems like a lot, i don't think I took that much damage that game.

Alur

Speaking of weird stat things after a game, I got an "Avenger" or some such MVP card after a game with Varian. It said it was for killing the person who had killed me. I died twice, and apparently killed the person who killed me twice.

Never saw that before.

also, those numbers seem way off... the average damage soaked by artanis is 117k?

and mine was 25% higher? so like 150k? that seems like a lot, i don't think I took that much damage that game.

From the post on the notifications by Blizzard:

"Average stat numbers may appear different from game to game, as they are based on the length of the match."

Was that a particularly long match or something?

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Woo, 3-0 tonight with ETC and 2-0 tonight with Lost Vikings. Got me to Bronze 1 and hopefully Silver soon.

I think I'm going to swear off healers for now. I'm not sure if a healer can carry a team other than through some extreme commanding though pings and chat.

Hahaha fuck my life, I thought I was working towards the Nexus challenge by grouping up with people, not realizing that I had to FRIEND the people I grouped with to get credit towards the challenge. Now I have to play more Heroes of the Storm.

scoobs

Hahaha fuck my life, I thought I was working towards the Nexus challenge by grouping up with people, not realizing that I had to FRIEND the people I grouped with to get credit towards the challenge. Now I have to play more Heroes of the Storm.

Oh what a travesty.

Syf

Banned
Finished the 30 games. Too bad there was nothing extra for already owning all the heroes. Oh well. I like the mount and the stimpack is nice so, worth.

Scoobs, I tried that Auriel build you posted in some games last night (http://www.heroesfire.com/hots/talent-calculator/auriel#l5IE) and it was a nice take on using Auriel. Fighting against Samuro you can complete the quests in record time and you do a good deal of damage. Was a lot of fun (even if we lost the two games :( ).

Also tried Alarak for the first time since he is free this week. He is a lot of fun. Telekinesis took a little getting used to, but once you figure it out you can pull some good offensive and defensive moves. I'll probably drop the gold for him.

scoobs

Scoobs, I tried that Auriel build you posted in some games last night (http://www.heroesfire.com/hots/talent-calculator/auriel#l5IE) and it was a nice take on using Auriel. Fighting against Samuro you can complete the quests in record time and you do a good deal of damage. Was a lot of fun (even if we lost the two games :( ).

Also tried Alarak for the first time since he is free this week. He is a lot of fun. Telekinesis took a little getting used to, but once you figure it out you can pull some good offensive and defensive moves. I'll probably drop the gold for him.
That's awesome man, I'm glad you enjoyed it as much as I do. It is very powerful against Samuro indeed.

Prelude.

A few questions:

- Can the enemy see the target for Johanna's falling sword (and similar abilities)? I think they can but I'm not sure.
- What determines respawn time? Level, elapsed time or both?
- Can I collect more than one nuke? I never tried.
- Are the brawls on a sort of rotation or there's always a new one every week?

Alavard

A few questions:

- Can the enemy see the target for Johanna's falling sword (and similar abilities)? I think they can but I'm not sure.

1) Everyone sees the same thing the Johanna player does, unless I'm forgetting something minor. This is nearly universal. Chromie's W is a big deal because the enemy doesn't get to see where Chromie targeted.
2) Respawn time is purely based on level
3) You can only hold one nuke at once
4) So far the brawls have been brand new each week, but they plan to rotate to previous ones in the future.

Maledict

A few questions:

1) Yes - the enemy can see all the markers for abilities, including Sargent Hammers auto attack range indicator. The only ability they can't see is Chromie's Dragon Breath.

2) Level

3) Nope, one per person

4) Brawls are on a rotation, and because they are fairly new we are still getting a new one every week. Each brawl lasts 10 to 14 days from what I can see.

Alur

A few questions:

1) Yeah they can see the circle where you're aiming to land.
2) Level if I'm not mistaken. If you're down 3 levels you have a faster respawn time than the enemy, IIRC.
3) Nope.
4) Yep. But it seemed like they said somewhere that this one would last two weeks. It was on one of the HOTS podcast interviews from Blizzcon. The timer in game still says 1 week, though, so /shrug.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
including Sargent Hammers auto attack range indicator
Which is almost useless end-game because it becomes so huge she can be in FoW and the range indicator will be at the very edge of the opposite end of your screen so it looks like a fort boundary or something, not to mention stealth hiding it before you just start helplessly blowing up.

I mean, it's too delicious when you play as Hammer, but she really is quite ridiculous in some ways.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Just tried playing my first game of this in months, and I've been sitting at the game loading screen for about 5 minutes. Off to a great start.

Maledict

Am not a fan of the new brawl I've decided. I'm okay with a-symetrical fights, but the fact you only get one match seems bizarre and the attacker has such a ridiculous advantage.

It would be much better playing best of 3 or something.

scoobs

fa3oYu2.jpg
Sure is convenient Chromie hit me for 666 damage, isn't it? Satan confirmed.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
xaf2m7i.png

Protip: Pull your weight.

bElmn8G.png

Not sure why so many insist on riding the struggle bus trying to lane normally on this map.

Alur

Zoia and Mc on the same team. Hard for me to root against that, even if I think the rest of the roster is mostly a mistake.

Oh and Sylvanas is in an awful spot competitively imo. She's mostly picked on maps where the objective pushes a lane and either snowballs if you win it or is a subpar assassin if you don't. It's a toxic design.

Ketch

I think sylvanas is fine. way better then we she was ALSO a top tier assassin along with filling her specific niche. and that niche exists on most maps anyway so I really don't see what the problem is. she makes a mid tier solo laner, enables push strats, and keeps teams honest in the draft on 90% of the maps. What is toxic about her? If she is toxic how is TLV... or other heroes with specific niches not toxic?

I would much rather see her fill this niche then have blizzard balance away from her trait and towards generic ranged assassin viability, that's for sure.

Pretty cool to see Mc going to denial I guess. Mc on a roster of all stars has always been the dream so lets see how it goes... potential is high, i think it all comes down to how hard the players work for it.

Sylvanas in an awful spot? Lol.
I didn't say she's bad and specifically referred to competitive.
I think sylvanas is fine. way better then we she was ALSO a top tier assassin along with filling her specific niche. and that niche exists on most maps anyway so I really don't see what the problem is. she makes a mid tier solo laner, enables push strats, and keeps teams honest in the draft on 90% of the maps. What is toxic about her? If she is toxic how is TLV... or other heroes with specific niches not toxic?

I would much rather see her fill this niche then have blizzard balance away from her trait and towards generic ranged assassin viability, that's for sure.
But it's not really a niche, it works for close to half the pool and it leads to lopsided games. There's a ton of games on BoE for instance where she's picked and the game is a stomp and just as many where they picked sylvanas and failed to secure a single immortal. Games like that aren't enjoyable to watch and far too common.

They don't need to remove her trait but alternatively it could affect only a single building at a time have its duration reduced or just slow them instead of halting them. I'm not a game designer, I have complaints not the answers.

TLV aren't toxic because they ramp into the late game and aren't nearly as all or nothing.

scoobs

HOTSlogs is such a fucking great tool. I love looking up super detailed stats on myself and seeing how good/shitty i am with certain heroes.

I've played 35 games on Falstad, and my win rate is 28.6%. Thats incredibly bad.

scoobs

I want to start playing... Don't have friends, can I join someone?

Ya man add me as a friend scabobos#1347. Also you can join channels in this game, so go down to the chat box before you start a game and type /join neogaf, /join teamleague, /join team league, /join MFPT. Those channels have tons of people that will want to play

Funny you mention Samuro, I've been playing him all day and he's so fucking awesome. I love that he's not getting banned as much anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom