• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean that's just a moba thing, you arent playing correctly if you are playing ideally and your team isnt. I only really play qm cuz it's chill and i find that a lot of my effort goes into predicting the effect of decisionmaking from the other 9 players and trying to preempt and maximizing resource gain so my team can be at an advantage even if decision making is poor. At least that's how id put words to it, like in reality im just zoning out when i play. In other mobas i cant do shit if my team sucks at laning or they are accross the map but this game has miniscule maps and mounts so i can aleays try to be at the right place at the right time.

Reminds me when I was playing Azmodan perfectly on Warhead Junction. We didn't need to fight anymore(Our teamfight wasn't great) and all the lanes were pushing 24/7, and I was taking down their forts with my Q+R.

So we tell our team, 'Hey don't fight'. Then they go and fight because 'HUR DUR'. or something. I forgot the reason they gave. And then we lost, despite us getting boss.

Their core was at like 16% when ours went down ._.

Ketch

I mean that's just a moba thing, you arent playing correctly if you are playing ideally and your team isnt. I only really play qm cuz it's chill and i find that a lot of my effort goes into predicting the effect of decisionmaking from the other 9 players and trying to preempt and maximizing resource gain so my team can be at an advantage even if decision making is poor. At least that's how id put words to it, like in reality im just zoning out when i play. In other mobas i cant do shit if my team sucks at laning or they are accross the map but this game has miniscule maps and mounts so i can aleays try to be at the right place at the right time.

Yea I mean I understand the sentiment. I've played enough to realize that what you should do and what you should do are two different things, but to me the difference is that in league or paragon I show up to the fight with one more item then everyone else while in hots I show up to the fight a level or two behind anyway. and that makes it a lot harder to not be tilted

also, the rationalizing for what is happening in a game at any given point changes from "This is because I didn't farm well enough/don't have my item" to "this is because these mother fuckers are 2/7", which I think also alludes to (like you said before) a big reason why people don't know how to play.

brian!

Yeah tru, like in terms of carryability the game doesnt have as much compared to others (well kinda hero dependent)

One thing that works for me are really curt emotionless messages, like if my team is posturing 4v5 for an objective ill just be all "care, it's 4v5", like not really telling ppl what to do but gentle reminding, ymmv but when ppl chill a bit after i say that it feels great

Alur

I just rained some Panda Power on a shit-eating Chromie and Rexxar. Also Gazlowe. TASTUH MY BREW.

And Milly did what he does when he plays Kael'thas. Steal my MVP.

Took forever to end though because of all the poke. Had the lead all game but needed to get the keeps down so we could have some room, and then we got lucky and me and Zarya snagged a pick on Malfurion that snowballed into four man wipe.

Yeah tru, like in terms of carryability the game doesnt have as much compared to others (well kinda hero dependent)

One thing that works for me are really curt emotionless messages, like if my team is posturing 4v5 for an objective ill just be all "care, it's 4v5", like not really telling ppl what to do but gentle reminding, ymmv but when ppl chill a bit after i say that it feels great

I can't type worth a shit so that's all I ever say anyway

I need lots of time to produce diatribes, which is why I type bitchy walls on neogaf only when I'm at work

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Got Azmodunk, sweeet!

But there are still 16 skins I'd go for (4 that I really want) and none of them are in these bundles, lol. I think they pick the lame ones on purpose.

Zackat

tfw the whole store isn't 50% off this year

v7DgWJn.gif

edit: core throw
BgwYkyt.png

brian!

yeah that game was weak
sik feign deaths from tomster tho

lmao zuna what are you doooing
these games are so gruesome to watch

scoobs

Yo are we 100% sure we can't qualify for HGC in NA? Pretty sure we could field a team that could compete with this trash play

Alur

Happened to me earlier. As I popped them we got into a CC shitstorm. Normally keeping the one back isn't an issue as you try to kill backline, but they engaged with everything on me and whoever the other person was in front with me and burst all 3 down before I could even use my abilities again as they were on top of me. Think it was my only death that game. Felt bad man.

scoobs

Happened to me earlier. As I popped them we got into a CC shitstorm. Normally keeping the one back isn't an issue as you try to kill backline, but they engaged with everything on me and whoever the other person was in front with me and burst all 3 down before I could even use my abilities again as they were on top of me. Think it was my only death that game. Felt bad man.
The attempted throw.

Alur

At this point I'm convinced that Blizzard has hired Kenma as a paid actor to pretend grievance at every loss to stir up talk around the scene.

That's embarrassing.

Didn't catch the games since they started at 2am for me but the day before he played Valla and later on stream said he played her like a better Greymane since he had so little practice on her.
He's been having some fun with dps monk on today's stream

brian!

I feel like he's the reason the team did as well as they did

Just realized that hgc is an internet series not lan, and that choosing servers is part of the ban phase, what is that lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom