• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prelude.

How good are icy veins' build guides btw? When I try a new character I look it up to have a general idea of how I can play that hero. (That and usually MFPallytime's A-Z thing)

W/o Blessed shield Johanna is just not very impactful, she got next to no cc, Condemn is a .25 stun with low range, no targeting and a long windup. Blessed shield gives her engage, chase and peel potential all things she's sorely lacking in her base kit.
Falling Sword has a place it's just super niche. You want your opponents to be squishy and immobile and have some other dive in your comp.

scoobs

Tried to play some this afternoon... that wait time...

:( this game is graphicallt polished though. Love just sitting in the hero menu.

Do you play other mobas? Queue times are 2-3 minutes. That's just how it goes.

Currently riding a 6 game brawl losing streak.

Yuuj's streams are always so good, today he shat on C9's and Denial's work ethos, said Mc's move was bad and much more. Always juicy, also said Glau's Zera is bad because he plays like he can't be seen.

That if he wanted to contend with the best he should have sticked with Barrel Boyz/No Tomorrow and that denial isn't even top 4 in NA. Didn't want to say any more than that everyone knows they were lazy since all the way back when they were C9.
Someone in chat pointed out that Dread apparently still gives Dunk shit about that till today.

Also said something about Glau that sounded exactly like what's being said about BKB, that their way to play can be exploited.

Alur

They were def lazy, particularly in the Arthelon days. We also know they didn't practice hardly at all in the week before Blizzcon when they won it.

Arrogance.

scoobs

Idk Mc seems like such a prick to me, but maybe that's just his streamer personality. I sure wouldn't want him on my team

Mupod

been playing a few rounds with a friend here and there thanks to the Overwatch bribe, hadn't touched the game since early 2015. Went back to my old standard Rehgar but he feels weaker now. Or maybe I'm just a lot worse. I need to take another look at his talents to be sure I'm taking the right stuff.

Maledict

been playing a few rounds with a friend here and there thanks to the Overwatch bribe, hadn't touched the game since early 2015. Went back to my old standard Rehgar but he feels weaker now. Or maybe I'm just a lot worse. I need to take another look at his talents to be sure I'm taking the right stuff.

Rehgar is very weak right now - he needs a another pass to bring up to the power level of auriel - brightwing - Malf - new kharazim.

(The probably need to reverse some of the damage nerfs, now they understand supports have to do more than just heal to be fun)

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Yeah they have been doing a lot of good with supports and I feel Rehgar got left behind, though I was never a huge fan since I prefer ranged supports. But for me, more important than striking power, I need some unique ability to make them interesting. Lili's quad blind, Malf's mana granting, Brightwing's polymorph and teleport, Tassadar's SCV, etc.

Rehgar already has that with his ghost wolf form and bite. He used to be super fun and versatile it's not so much that he was left behind but that the meta changed.
It hasn't been too long since we called for nerfs for him and when he was dominating the meta.

Dice

I feel between the reworks of old characters and introduction of new characters everything is more active now (which they said they were going for and succeeded), particularly with timed shield casts and such, and he doesn't have enough reactivity to keep pace in the effectual application of what power he has always had.

The grandest issue is that he was supposed to be more in the frontline when they reworked him but they had taken away self cleanse and took away Ancestral on Rehgar in addition.
Auriel and Uther comparatively can still cast Aegis/DShield on themselves. This ended up with Rehgar in the absolute backline again being a healbot and nothing else.
Another contributing factor was Greymane who dominated early 2016, sustained healing didn't do shit but landing an ancestral on him was pretty much a won teamfight.
With Greyman nerfed, Li Ming nerfed, KT nerfed, Jaina nerfed, Valla buffed twice over, Lunara buffed, Zagara buffed,... BW didn't change one bit but went from bottom to top tier healer.

Merryday made a smurf that was basically called Only playing Rehgar and Uther for a year feels bad. No idea how he fit that in so few characters.

scoobs

I've been playing Sonya w/ Leap today and having a hell of a good time. She's solid, but needs a rework badly. So many boring talents

Dice

Sonya's master skin should be her normal skin. It just looks right to the basic concept rather than some super version.

Ketch

Idk Mc seems like such a prick to me, but maybe that's just his streamer personality. I sure wouldn't want him on my team

He's been a lot saltier on stream now then he used to be. But he's still the dude who wants to practice and scrim constantly and does what the team needs.

Seems like he's doomed to repeat his past. Trying hard on teams full of non-try hards. But I think that's NA (and most EU) hots in general though.

Alur

Yeah, he's definitely been more salty and less fun to watch for a while now. I'm still subbed, but I don't tune in often anymore when I used to watch every time he was on.

Now I just watch Ren/Fan duo, or someone else.

Oh yeah forgot to mention but adrd qualified in the first qualifier.

CyCuVyoXEAAZpeY.jpg:large
local time

Alur

There was some talk about adrd being a bit toxic, perhaps, to his teammates back in the day IIRC.

No one wants to succeed or goes through more shit to compete than him, though, it appears. He's been on like a million teams, keeps coming back from the dead. I know 2Bs isn't a new team, but good for him. He goes outside the box and that's fun, even if it's not always the most effective at the top level.

EDIT: Also Happy Thanksgiving to whoever here is from the states. Hope it's a good one!

Maledict

ADRD has had multiple fallouts with teams due to toxitcity, to the point where dignitars literally weren't talking to each other in the finals last year at blizzcon. But he is also extremely inventive - he was the first EU player to really try with Medivh for example, and he came up with a lot of original, weird as fuck comps.

Alur

Yep, I like watching him for that. Glad he'll be able to make some money at the game for once, assuming they can hang in all year.

He's been a lot saltier on stream now then he used to be. But he's still the dude who wants to practice and scrim constantly and does what the team needs.

Seems like he's doomed to repeat his past. Trying hard on teams full of non-try hards. But I think that's NA (and most EU) hots in general though.

i asked him last night why denial isn't playing in the China tournament knowing full well that they weren't invited

he said they decided not to go to china to build synergy instead

I don't follow hots as much as I used to but uhh , LUL im not an idiot

Milly79

Weekly Sale Items for Nov 29 – Dec 6, 2016
Dehaka — Sale Price: 4.99 EUR, 3.69 GBP
Mecha Dehaka Skin — Sale Price: 4.99 EUR, 3.69 GBP
Spectre Illidan Skin — Sale Price: 4.99 EUR, 3.69 GBP

The following changes will also take place in the Heroes of the Storm in-game shop alongside next week’s sale:

New Skin
Druid of the Flame Malfurion

New Bundle
Druid of the Flame Malfurion Bundle – Available until December 14, 2016

Bundle Removals
Lo’Gosh Varian Bundle
Legends of the Nexus Bundle
Altered War Bundle

Returning Mounts
Ghost Speeder
Hellboar

Mount Removals
Piggy Bank
Demonic Hellsteed

Stimpack Removal
360 Day Stimpack

Skab

Does reporting players ever actually result in anything happening?

I just had a group of friends spend the game telling me how useless I was, calling me f*ggot, and that I should "take a rope and die" all because I asked to not be solo mid as our healer.

Maledict

Does reporting players ever actually result in anything happening?

I just had a group of friends spend the game telling me how useless I was, calling me f*ggot, and that I should "take a rope and die" all because I asked to not be solo mid as our healer.

I've reported someone mid-game and they were silenced at the end of the game, so yes it definitely Italy does do something, you just don't get told.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom