• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maledict

Indeed. Rewarding to play for the users. Not very rewarding for the rest of your team or the enemy team.

Yes, she is the anti-thesis of fun. Whichever designer thought that an off-screen nova was a good idea for a hero needs to never be allowed to design a hero again. Plus thematically she is a total failure as well in every level.

In summary, burn Chromie to the ground.

Alur

Tracer dies from a random sneeze, or at least is quite often forced out by it. Splash damage cripples her and it's everywhere in our level of play. Chromie would too...except she has the range of a missile launcher and 4 other players standing between her and said sneeze.

scoobs

Except any competent team with a front line makes her impossible to get to unless she sucks. Burn her to the ground.

Alur

Any dive destroys chromie and that's everywhere Chen, Tyrael, Dehaka, Zeratul, Tracer,... all shit on her and the list goes on and on.

Sure, they can dive in there and get killed by the 4 other players. No problem.

It only works when coordinated, which is why she's so toxic. In uncoordinated play she should not be dying unless she's greedy.

Based on the level you've said you play at, I'm surprised you see anyone killing Chromie. Should be freelo. It sure as hell doesn't happen in Diamond unless her team collapses or she's stupid.

Yup

Even mura and etc can eat her face in. Tracer atleast has mobility and is only really beat by targetted skills

Don't know what you're talking about. Tracer eats random AOE damage like crazy in every game I play. She's constantly at half health.

Except any competent team with a front line makes her impossible to get to unless she sucks. Burn her to the ground.
You can't simultaneously argue she kills out of nowhere and that she turtles behind the team.
Sure, they can dive in there and get killed by the 4 other players. No problem.

It only works when coordinated, which is why she's so toxic. In uncoordinated play she should not be dying unless she's greedy.

Based on the level you've said you play at, I'm surprised you see anyone killing Chromie. Should be freelo. It sure as hell doesn't happen in Diamond unless her team collapses or she's stupid.
Why would your team be uncoordinated but theirs be coordinated. There's a range of heroes that can flank or dive in uncoordinated play and not end up being punished for it. Not just at my low elo, look at any GM player streaming people at the highest level often don't spot Zeratul or let him do all sorts of shit and get out fine.

And I kill chromie because I just pick Tyrael when I see Chromie and judgment the little rat.

scoobs

You can't simultaneously argue she kills out of nowhere and that she turtles behind the team.

Why would your team be uncoordinated but theirs be coordinated. There's a range of heroes that can flank or dive in uncoordinated play and not end up being punished for it.

And I kill chromie because I just pick Tyrael when I see Chromie and judgment the little rat.
Uhh that's exactly what she does. Sits in the back where you often cant even see her through fog of war (cuz her range is 400 million yards), and she deletes heroes.

Maledict

Unless you have someone going in with you on Tyrael I don't get how he beats chromie tbh, especially given her range. A support and her time trap should leave you out of position and exposed.

That's part of the problem with her - like hammer, she is easier to play than to play against. Co-ordinated dive is a lot harder to pull off than 'brawl in the middle whilst chromie takes pot shots'.

Re theme, literally nothing about her is dragon like in any way, shape or form. Adding a graphic to one AE does not a dragon make.

Uhh that's exactly what she does. Sits in the back where you often cant even see her through fog of war (cuz her range is 400 million yards), and she deletes heroes.
So if you know the enemy team's position you know to not tally in a spot and to start moving a bit more erratically.
Unless you have someone going in with you on Tyrael I don't get how he beats chromie tbh, especially given her range. A support and her time trap should leave you out of position and exposed.

That's part of the problem with her - like hammer, she is easier to play than to play against. Co-ordinated dive is a lot harder to pull off than 'brawl in the middle whilst chromie takes pot shots'.
W, R, E takes out most of her health frum full.
Re theme, literally nothing about her is dragon like in any way, shape or form. Adding a graphic to one AE does not a dragon make.
Warcraft Dragons take on human form all the time, many pose as mere mages and don't project their real form at all as such chromie is already more dragony than many warcraft dragons.

Alur

Why would your team be uncoordinated but theirs be coordinated. There's a range of heroes that can flank or dive in uncoordinated play and not end up being punished for it. Not just at my low elo, look at any GM player streaming people at the highest level often don't spot Zeratul or let him do all sorts of shit and get out fine.

I never said they were coordinated. She can freely stand in the back regardless of what they do. You dive in on Tyrael/Chen/whoever, you either have to immediately get out, hope your team followed, or die. As Maledict said, she's much easier to play than to play against.

So if you know the enemy team's position you know to not tally in a spot and to start moving a bit more erratically.

Yeah, cause that's how team fights work right? Everyone is firing into that Thrall or whoever that rolled into the fight like an idiot from the Chromie team, meanwhile they are also constantly moving and strafing while trying to auto attack him and hit their skillshots.

Nah breh. People clump up like crazy at every level of pub play. The CD is so low and damage is so high on Q that any stray hit takes out 1/4th of a ton of heroes HP. Shit is toxic. Defend it all you want, but it's terrible design and about as fun to play against as sleeping next to someone jackhammering.

Warcraft Dragons take on human form all the time, many pose as mere mages and don't project their real form at all as such chromie is already more dragony than many warcraft dragons.

I do enjoy the myriad of ways you argue to defend the couple of hills you love to die on. I seriously laugh when reading some of this shit. More dragony than many Warcraft dragons? Based on what we see in HOTS? Seriously?

I never said they were coordinated. She can freely stand in the back regardless of what they do. You dive in on Tyrael/Chen/whoever, you either have to immediately get out, hope your team followed, or die. As Maledict said, she's much easier to play than to play against.
I'm not disagreeing that she's easier to play as than against, that's true for a lot of heroes. It's almost as if many of the heroes I've named have ways to immediately get out again.
Yeah, cause that's how team fights work right? Everyone is firing into that Thrall or whoever that rolled into the fight like an idiot from the Chromie team, meanwhile they are also constantly moving and strafing while trying to auto attack him and hit their skillshots.
So now it's an ongoing team fight, I thought she was in the fow and killed out of nowhere? Ok so you can't take long engagements in her sphere of influence that's considerably large, well don't then. You can dive her you can cheese the map, chromie's wave clear sucks, her pve damage sucks you don't have to fight them where it's convenient for them.
Nah breh. People clump up like crazy at every level of pub play. The CD is so low and damage is so high on Q that any stray hit takes out 1/4th of a ton of heroes HP. Shit is toxic. Defend it all you want, but it's terrible design and about as fun to play against as sleeping next to someone jackhammering.
the CD and damage is either medium and medium, low and low or medium and high based on her talent choice at 7 and depending on whatever scale you're using.
I do enjoy the myriad of ways you argue to defend the couple of hills you love to die on. I seriously laugh when reading some of this shit. More dragony than many Warcraft dragons? Based on what we see in HOTS? Seriously?
I love how you always get personal. She's more dragony that Korialstrasz for instance who just assumes a full human identity and no I didn't look this up I read a book.

I really don't understand what makes chromie special she's not difficult to play and she's easy to counter. And this is coming from someone whose MMR range couldn't stop complaining about Nova until she was dumpstered even further.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Braxis is sooooooo boring and dumb.

Edit: tfw it stops @ 193xp to lvl8 for final shade -__-

Alur

I am growing to like Braxxis. I really dislike Warhead. It snowballs every time I play it, and since you have to contest or get rocked it just snowballs harder.

At least on Braxxis you can always have that one dude who is annoying af and keeps stealing the beacon when they rotate. It might not change the outcome, but it gives you a chance.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I believe I have never, not even in my most dominating-yet-long games, ever completed one of these "quests" they give you. If you have to play so well you're farming them for XP and keep it rolling till lvl25, I'm not sure what the little bonus for finishing the quest really is to you anymore.

Alur

The quests by and large are pretty easy to complete, at least the non-regen globes quests. Gul'dan's Corruption, Varian's two level one quests, Chen's Keg stacking quest, etc are all not too bad.

If you're managing lanes properly after 10, even the regen globes aren't too bad to complete midway through the game though it can sometimes stretch late into the contest.

Whose quests are you struggling with?

Ketch

I've never felt that chromie was ever that big of deal. The only thing I've ever considered toxic about her was people on team picking her instead of a real hero. I think she sucks just like nova.

And tracer. /avatar

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
for real..seeing almost a page dedicated to chromie.. completely irrelevant character in upper level play. i'd much rather face a chromie than a tracer.

scoobs

Every hero they've designed around being a hero killer has been a complete joke. The only ones that worked out were Zeratul and Samuro

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
i guess that was some meta joke to show how toxic low level chat can be

Xeteh

I haven't played in a long while and my first MVP (this system wasn't in place) was not when I expected it. Oh well.

I wish I was better with Chromie, I love how she plays (and she's a gnome) but I'm so fucking bad with her Q.

Maledict

for real..seeing almost a page dedicated to chromie.. completely irrelevant character in upper level play. i'd much rather face a chromie than a tracer.

Weird, I have more luck versus tracer.

But then again, just to re-iterate - this isn't about power for me. I think chromie is fucking stupid in quick match, where the random teams can lead to her being completely op. But in hero league it's not that she wins a lot - it's (again) that she is unfun to play against. A character sitting off-screen throwing spells that can take a third of your life off in one hit each, and an ult which basically one shots you if your support isn't ready with cleanse is dumb design.

Famile, we were talking about the Q by the way not W. Her W is okay, it's the Q that I object to. It's on way too short a cooldown / long range to be fun, and is way too high damage.

Also re dragon, no she isn't dragonlike at all. One thing wow dragons have in common even in human form - when things get scary they turn back into a dragon and are hard to kill. Chromie is one of the most fragile characters in the game, it's utterly dumb that she is suppossed to be a dragon.

I'm an expert

i don't really play qm much so my perspective is more from the draft side. i get that in qm you can have some really weird comps that enable a lot of characters. the thing with a good tracer though is they dont need a team constantly watching out for them, while most chromies depend on their team to cover or peel while also needing above average positional skills. chromie also warps a draft a lot more than a tracer does for the team that picks her, while tracer requires more reaction or can even be a significant last pick. it just always feels easier to go against a chromie than a tracer for me personally.

i dont know, im sure everyone has their own bane characters. for me, chromie doesnt really exist outside of brawls/aram - where i think she's awesome. personally i'd take 5 chromies over a single good leoric.

Wimps

New to HOTS. Not entirely new to the genre though. Looking to get some tips. I already know I should do the dailies for fastest gold. I'd like to play ranked at decent level. Which heroes should I must try?

I'm an expert

New to HOTS. Not entirely new to the genre though. Looking to get some tips. I already know I should do the dailies for fastest gold. I'd like to play ranked at decent level. Which heroes should I must try?

assuming youve grabbed the free heroes, the 2-4k heroes are pretty much all high meta and great characters. sometimes i cant believe they give away a char like ETC for 2k gold.

having a good grip on etc/mura/tyrael, malf/bwing/auriel, and falstad/ming/valla/tychus will have you in a good spot. current fun flavor picks are varian/dehaka/samuro/guldan. globals are highly in met now due to map size and mount speed nerf.

oh in terms of gold, every char to level 5 is 500gold, including free rotation ones. Assuming you have the 7 day free stim, you can get a very quick influx of g when starting out. Leveling to 5 takes like 5 or so qm/unranked matches with stim. Since you plan to climb ranked, might as well do unranked to get an idea of draft meta

Too many teams are going for solo auriel heals at GGWC, while the other team has a malf or BW Auriel has no energy and her team is too low to continue fighting so there's no energy gained to start healing them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom