• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirblar

Jfc that Dragon Shire game.

Dig almost threw when they didn't send a solo DK to kill a fort and possibly core. The scaling is insane on HP late game.

Jfc that Dragon Shire game.

Dig almost threw when they didn't send a solo DK to kill a fort and possibly core. The scaling is insane on HP late game.

They used the DK to push all the lanes out, if they hadn't they could have never taken a fight. Tough call but you saw afterwards how dig had to back constantly because their lanes were pushing into their core.

Are you fucking kidding me, Dig wins that last match but then can't fucking close it out with an almost 7 minute keep? A series of awful fights, bad sancts, really disappointing play by JayPL too much durdling around.

Dig is either out or has to depend on tiebreakers now and pretty sure they lose those because they got 2-0'd by zero panda and that's only if they win against Miracle 2-0. Had they won this match then 2-0'd miracle they were locked to make it.

scoobs

This is a dope ass tourny with good teams, where the hell did this come from?? I've never even heard of it.

Tychus is so insanely strong right now. playing him in QM and just melting everybody.

scoobs

Yes, but pros don't value him right now. I'm having a hard time seeing a scenario you take him over illidan, thrall, Samuro or zeratul

So there was a tiebreaker between SPT and Dig for 5th which they took 2-0 and confusing as this gets the whole shebang was just for the seeding??? They'll go up against AA in the first round.

brian!

Havent caught any of the games but i wanna believe aa will be more prepared for dig this time around, dig seemed content to just let aa implode at blizzcon

brian!

gud to remember that tychus has a lot of wiggle room w/ talent choices, particularly at 4, 10, and 13. if u go laser id recommend the laser upgrade in pretty much every situation
the bigger they are is almost unfair if you have followup and makes warriors rethink their classification
his older q focused iteration was prob my fav hero
also def try the q upgrade at 16, it's a huge spike and what i go every time

gud to remember that tychus has a lot of wiggle room w/ talent choices, particularly at 4, 10, and 13. if u go laser id recommend the laser upgrade in pretty much every situation
the bigger they are is almost unfair if you have followup and makes warriors rethink their classification
his older q focused iteration was prob my fav hero

Ive foregone the laser upgrade for the triple dash upgrade

You literally become tracer with it and combined with the level 1 quest talent, it gives you so much damn manueverability that its borderline broken. Its so damn ridiculous.

brian!

for me I feel like it's poor as an escape (like im usually dying cause im getting chain stunned and extra dash charges wont help) and sort of useful as a chase, but his lvl 20 is a lot of icing on the cake style choices since he cant get blink anymore. his lvl 20 laser is a really big upgrade tho since it's a radius increase and ppl cant afford to just tank it, but ofc if you find that they are dive heavy or just blowing it up bob and weave is fine.
sizzlin attacks (cant get over the name) is not bad either but I personally go for the ult upgrades on him since I find them more play-makey, all his lvl 20 choices are pretty good

scoobs

Tychus does insane AA damage, build for it IMO. But ya he has other talents that are completely viable as well. Its just at 20 w/ sizzling attacks you are literally killing people 100-0 in like 1.5 seconds.

brian!

also remember you can use neosteel w/ odin up, you can bait out heavy cds by putting urself out of position and throwing up the neosteel on top of his base 25% reduc

scoobs

also remember you can use neosteel w/ odin up, you can bait out heavy cds by putting urself out of position and throwing up the neosteel on top of his base 25% reduc

But... then you don't get heals on your minigun. I find that talent an absolute must.

brian!

yeah it's really good
it's pretty difficult to go wrong with tychus, his talents are good and his base kit is where his power is, gud design

Maledict

Nazeebo's would be a lot stronger if they hadn't significantly nerfed his spider jar speed and animation at the same time as they made landing the jar utterly necessary for him. Why they did that is beyond me - it's one of the hardest skill shots to land, and it doesn't have the pay off to justify it (woot, it does half the damage of a chromie Q on four times the cooldown!).

kirblar

The change to Nazeebo's jar was so awful. One of the Reddit threads commented that it basically "skill floored" out a LOT of people who were previously able to play him.

scoobs

I was so hyped for Nazeebos rework and I thought I liked it after about a week, and then I realized there are about 3-4 other heroes out there that do his job better than him, and are easier to play.

Maybe I should try again, but I honestly just dont find him remotely enjoyable to play anymore.

Ketch

I feel like all of the new talents they gave him are pretty cool though. But yea the spider jar thing doesn't make sense to me... It's like they wanted to do the greymane flask thing but totally forgot tha it's nazeebo

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
not a big naz fan either but isn't he the closest thing to whatever an ADC is in the other games?

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
i meant the fact that naz can actually increase his stats through (sort of) last hitting..i guess i just dont know what adc in a league sense means. thought it was the guy that basically hogged all the gold to become super powerful and the other 4 got behind him lol

brian!

kinda, I knew that was the angle you were coming from tho
theyll take up resources because they come through as the strongest late-game dmg dealers, but usually theyll get behind their team lol, they dont scale infinitely though. valla has the most comparable kit to other moba adcs imo, things like raynor (self-heal, no mobility unless you count mini-haste) kind of count but you wouldn't see a kit like that in league.

in other mobas the carries will fucking burn down ppl when they get their items though, but in hots it's not so much like that

scoobs

kinda, I knew that was the angle you were coming from tho
theyll take up resources because they come through as the strongest late-game dmg dealers, but usually theyll get behind their team lol, they dont scale infinitely though. valla has the most comparable kit to other moba adcs imo, things like raynor (self-heal, no mobility unless you count mini-haste) kind of count but you wouldn't see a kit like that in league.

in other mobas the carries will fucking burn down ppl when they get their items though, but in hots it's not so much like that
Ya zeebos last hitting mechanic just gives him more health and mana, doesn't have an effect on damage so I didnt really make the connection. When I think ADC I think about hard hitting auto attackers that carry through their dumb damage

But I guess with Vile Infection at level 20 he kind of is an ADC

brian!

i basically played him like a ranged auto attacker w/ some random spells, but his autos dont even apply poison now lol

somehow he's my 5th most played hero
oh nm he's not, i had my tabs wrong in hotslogs lol

scoobs

He IS my 5th most played hero lol. I used to love that guy. I just don't find him that much fun to play now unfortunately.

I am getting the absolute worst teammates tonight, like the kind of guys that are so bad you actually can't even compete with the other team.

Friendly raynor just pulled off an impressive 0/1/4, 16,000 hero damage game. His duo queue partner, a Sgt. Hammer, 0/1/6 20,000 hero damage. Blizzard please.

Milly79

ZhOKlFI.jpg

Well, alright then.

Layell

So I've played through my 30 games, well after the 15 I needed for the Genji skin. I do enjoy the game on some level but I am obviously really bad at it still.

What should I do beyond more play vs AI? Finding matches seems to take a while for me, and I still don't know half the heroes.

Alur

Shouldn't take long at all to find AI matches. They are usually like 10-20 seconds tops. To learn the game you have to play actual PVP, though, and that means Quick Match to start. Quick Match queues can be 3-4 minutes depending on the hero you choose due to matchmaking, but I would hardly call that long.

Take each hero you're interested in and level them to 5 while you have the stimpack. That'll teach you what those heroes do plus give you 500 gold for every hero you get to 5. That's the best way to learn about the game as you go along, and you'll inevitably stumble upon the heroes you really like and dislike.

brian!

Standard illidan is still standard illidan but i recommend yall go the dmg/sustain build with battered, thirsting, and blades if you think you can get away with it, unbound if you are feeling extra greedy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom