• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
i don't buy stuff with real money but didnt they have a 5 hero bundle for like 10 bucks last week with skins? isn't that like a buck a piece basically?

Alur

They've also had the conqueror and whatever bundle too which are good deals that are long-running. Those bundles like that 5 hero one are mostly regularly recurring things. Maybe that one was discounted more steeply, but it wasn't particularly noteworthy from my POV.

Ketch

Also the nexus challenge or whatever, while not skins, is kind of a lot of stuff to give away. So many that factored into not having a sale on top of that.

brian!

I considered it a "please stay" type of deal since im sure a chunk of ppl felt that the barrier of entry was high for a game they didnt want to play in the first place

Alur

That is a good point Ketch. Hadn't looked at it that way.

Challenger and Conqueror bundles are legit good deals. That's what I used for my smurf.

scoobs

Dog, you re literally bitching about people not acting how you want them too. Take your own advice.

giphy.gif

I just played a game against 3 players currently in Master, and they were all fucking abysmal and died 6, 7, and 8 times respectively. I am just baffled at how some people make it to Master league. I'm not going to pretend I'm even close to Master level of skill, but I am better than these dudes.

Also I keep getting brand new accounts in my games and its super annoying at the disparity in skill in QM right now. Its probably a good sign, as there are clearly tons of new players right now, but at the same time it is making QM an even more unbalanced experience

brian!

The range for master is pretty large on hotslogs

Im checking it out and it goes as low as ~2800 for qm, so 2800-4000 all belong in the same tier lol, tho ofc blizz mm doesnt care what hotslogs tier you are at

__

As an aside, dont really follow this reddit idea that you need to be in a group or on voice comms to follow up a colossus smash, but i guess if they feel like they have to make the yell louder i wouldnt mind

Maledict

12-2/12-5 -- 50% more xp

Also tonight's THH is stacked with good guests. Udall, fan and McinL

I have to be honest with you, after the complete collapse of the NA pro scene, I really want to have some discussion and debate with fanatic, dig or misfit players. Hopefully next week, or maybe even a return of state of the Nexus.

Alur

Newlywed or no, Jake has to be the only dude who regularly takes breaks regarding his podcast and continuously kills it's listener/viewerbase. Even for Blizzcon other podcasts record early or record at the show or whatever and put it on iTunes. IIRC they did THH at Blizzcon once or twice, but it never makes it's way to iTunes.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I've actually yet to have a single all one hero brawl for this pirate one with probably 30 or so played. With the other ones I'd get single hero matches like every 2-3 games.

Celegus

Varian is super super fun, I really like all of his different builds so far. I finally got to be on the other end of the Varian vs Tracer fight, and I just felt dirty about picking her off so many times. I think he's the very definition of a hard counter to her for sure.

Varian is super super fun, I really like all of his different builds so far. I finally got to be on the other end of the Varian vs Tracer fight, and I just felt dirty about picking her off so many times. I think he's the very definition of a hard counter to her for sure.

Do you go the taunt build?

I'm an expert

I'm not a fan but it's not fun being on the other side. My experience with Varian in draft is he's never picked with taunt in my mind so we rarely see it. The few times I see it, it just seems too weak to matter. Like I think his surivability is totally fine, he just doesn't bring fear like a Muradin coming at you. I think taunt might need a bigger identifier like xul's snare or something..? I rarely see it comboed off of, more a peel or snare.

Celegus

I'm not a fan but it's not fun being on the other side. My experience with Varian in draft is he's never picked with taunt in my mind so we rarely see it. The few times I see it, it just seems too weak to matter. Like I think his surivability is totally fine, he just doesn't bring fear like a Muradin coming at you. I think taunt might need a bigger identifier like xul's snare or something..? I rarely see it comboed off of, more a peel or snare.
I've had some good luck peeling for teammates with it. Assuming of course they realize you're trying to help them out and not telling them to come back into the fight with 50 hp.
Do you go the taunt build?

Not for her, Warbringer at 4 is just insane. An auto-target stun every 6 seconds is bananas.

scoobs

Isn't that every game?

I can have a good time on a losing team in QM. I think in Brawls there's not much fun to be had if you get stomped that badly. Its just dying over and over for 5 minutes and then you lose. There is no rewarding gameplay there really.

Pretty sure there were people in this thread guessing Varian would suck as a tank and basically just be another melee assassin, and as far as I can tell that is 100% what is happening. He has no disengage, so as a tank he's kind of shit.

Holy shit just played w/ skullkid & mithadon (#10 & #41 GM right now) and I didn't embarrass myself, feelsgoodman!

brian!

I think varian can be prtty good and all his ults (mainly taunt and yearrrgh tho) can be good too, tho you should know which one you're going in draft. Taunt and yaregeh are more all in, while dblades can provide disengage. If they nerf his lvl 4 too hard he'll be pretty worthless tho. Hes squishy and not meant to take dmg, i kinda think of him like special teams in american football

Milly79

Ghost Protocol is the brawl this week.

Every player is locked in as Nova, Default skin vs. Spectres
Landing a Snipe on an enemy Hero will instantly kill them
All deaths remove one health from the opposing team’s Core
All players have full access to Talents and Heroic Abilities
Be the first team to bring the enemy’s Core health to zero to secure victory!

M2TET9X2SD201480632066802.jpg

kirblar

trollololololol

Ketch

what map?

I'm an expert

so since theyre allowing talents, what would the best talents be with these conditions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom