• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beepos

Game has reunited my love for mobas. I don't have the time to research getting back into dota or lol and this has itched the scratch. Plus that Blizzard polish goes a long way.

scoobs

Game has reunited my love for mobas. I don't have the time to research getting back into dota or lol and this has itched the scratch. Plus that Blizzard polish goes a long way.

Glad to hear it, thats awesome. /join neogaf and whisper one of us if we're on and we can play some games

Dreavus

battlerite is free this weekend and full of new players if yall looking for a mobaish game that's just team fighting

Ya if only there were a game all of us played like that....

Battlerite is really quite good. Obviously missing the Blizz fanservice (a huge part of HotS for me) but it is an extremely competent game. I'd say if you like HotS, Battlerite takes the game even further away from the lanes/exp mechanics of MOBAs and gets right to the team fights and is hugely skill based. It even has a cool "talent" system where each team gets to choose a talent after each round, mimicking "leveling up" after each round in the best of 5.

I had been interested for a while and even played Bloodline Champions back in the day, but this has a whole other layer of polish on it. A free weekend is perfect. Hope it blows up in popularity honestly, it's very well designed.

Milly79

cdzSz70.jpg

Next brawl

Prelude.

Let's try Sylvanas:

1 - Most of the team was a mess, the minimap was probably hidden. Lost.
2 - We get a Cho'gall on a solo mission to push lanes regardless of what's happening. One of the two was constantly disconnecting. Lost.
3 - Nova and Zeratul went afk every 2 minutes. Won somehow.

scoobs

Let's try Sylvanas:

1 - Most of the team was a mess, the minimap was probably hidden. Lost.
2 - We get a Cho'gall on a solo mission to push lanes regardless of what's happening. One of the two was constantly disconnecting. Lost.
3 - Nova and Zeratul went afk every 2 minutes. Won somehow.

If you're on a bad losing streak just take a break and play the dumb nova brawl.

Maledict

Favourite trick is standing still next to the enemy wall / tower. They can never possibly see you there and its easy to pick up kills from behind.

Maledict

plus there is a lot of outplay potential, you can actually carry this mode really hard

Yes, it's easily the most skillful of brawls. I'm pretty terrible at hitting snipe but I am good at finding good hiding spots and being patient, so have been really enjoying it and doing well.

Kenai

Hi all! It's nice to meet you all. I probably won't post much but i will lurk often and probably get in a few per thread. I finally got around to this game in between bouts of LoL, , FF14. Overwatch and *insert non online game here* (right now Pokemon and soon to be FF15). But I will do a short blurb anyway.

Being a support main from LoL, I tried most of them first to see which toons I wanted to save for. Li Li was fun but kind of boring too. Brightwing's kit was more fun but her voice was so irritating I said no after about 5 min. Auriel was quite enjoyable but I noticed i will get her from that 30 games with friends quest so no point. Tassador was a lot of fun too and will look into using him, but...he's kind of ugly? I am a vain person i guess.So I just started trying random champs from there.

Then I stumbled upon my spirit animal E.T.C. He's so majestic and perfect and just the best ever, I bought the 4? 5? dollar hero pack almost instantly. Been playing him pretty much non stop since (and it helps a ton that i find melle characters generally more enjoyable in this game, though I couldn't say why that is). I am sure I will branch out to others eventually though. Emphasis on eventually. E.T.C.'s Mastery skin WILL be mine, oh yes.

Kenai

Yeah, barring getting accidentally over-nerfed with stat changes ETC's virtually always been good.

It is genuinely rare that champions/toons/classes/whatever that I fall in love with aesthetically in games like this also end up being strong picks. The fact that he is both was just so heartwarming to me (and he has an actual good mastery skin, quite a few of them are hot garbage I wouldn't use even if they were free).

I slide into mofos while strumming on a guitar before i then swing it at them and knock them into my team. And he yells stuff like "Hell yassss" while doing it It's a thing of beauty.

matmanx1

I've actually been enjoying Tyrael a lot lately. I like melee characters, I like "tanky" characters that can soak lots of damage and I like characters with some mobility. Tyrael fits all of those and looks pretty stylish while doing it. I think I'll level him up enough to get his lvl 10 Mastery skin.

scoobs

Tyrael has an absolutely dank master skin. I've been meaning to pick him back up lately, he is super fun to play

HL is bullying me again and just when I had ranked up. WTB Tank and Support, get Butcher and Tyrande. Hey it's only half a support but we'll make do. Starfall, fuck me right.

Game before 3 stack guarding turn in on BHB because it would be gg if they get a turn in then wonder why we're behind a level at 4 minutes. Fuck they tried defending a turn in 3 lvls down when the opponents couldn't even pay... I fucked up too died multiple times when I should have had an easy escape with Zera but then I do a VP to safe Varian, he dies to minions and the rest of my team comes and fights 3v5 losing 2 more.

Celegus

It is genuinely rare that champions/toons/classes/whatever that I fall in love with aesthetically in games like this also end up being strong picks. The fact that he is both was just so heartwarming to me (and he has an actual good mastery skin, quite a few of them are hot garbage I wouldn't use even if they were free).

I slide into mofos while strumming on a guitar before i then swing it at them and knock them into my team. And he yells stuff like "Hell yassss" while doing it It's a thing of beauty.

That's always great to find someone that meshes so well with yourself personally (Rexxar is my boy), but ETC's aesthetic is actually what keeps me from liking him. He's extremely good in basically any comp on any map, but I just can't stand anything about him. Just funny that I had the exact opposite reaction to him, but to each their own! I am gonna need you to take back that mean mean comment about Brightwing's majestic and beautiful voice though.

brian!

For me it's seeker in the dark for dmg and wormhole for poke/sniping but im really bad at using the speed bonus for escaping

Maledict

My biggest frustration at the moment with drafting is people's failure to understand about needing a front-line. You cannot draft solo Deharka or Zarya with three ranged heroes and expect to have a fun game.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Looks like I'm gonna have 20k before Ragnaros even comes out. Tough decision between Sylvannas, Gul'dan, Varian, Kharazim, and Morales. I think I'll wait till the holiday bundles are revealed.

Kenai

That's always great to find someone that meshes so well with yourself personally (Rexxar is my boy), but ETC's aesthetic is actually what keeps me from liking him. He's extremely good in basically any comp on any map, but I just can't stand anything about him. Just funny that I had the exact opposite reaction to him, but to each their own! I am gonna need you to take back that mean mean comment about Brightwing's majestic and beautiful voice though.

Hahaha I totally understand. I dunno if you ever played LoL but I feel that way about Yasuo. A non-significant amout of the playerbase flocks to him but I have no greater joy in Ranked team select than hovering over Yas and threatening to ban him, switching to another character, than switching back and banning him at the last second. But only if no one on my team wants him, cause I'm not that mean.

I can't do Brightwing though, sorry. She's simply an octave (or three) too high for me. If there were a way to...lower the volume on just her voice I would probably be happy with her. I even tried her Flying Monkey skin and that didn't help, replaced her voice with high pitched monkey chatter. Same problem. :(

I love Rexxar too though. not as much as my BF (I don't even own him yet), but he is damn cool. I hope I get good enough to play him vs actual players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom