• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoobs

8eDE2vl.jpg
So I got Leoric to level 9 today. It wasn't fun.

scoobs

The thing is, I don't think I was playing bad or anything. My teammates were just king feeders. Granted if I was on a warrior I'm more comfortable with perhaps we would have won a couple of those games, but still.. It wasn't like I was dying a ton. Teammates just getting caught out over and over and over and over and over and over and over

scoobs

Some games I was. Just feel like when I play Warriors my assassins are always too stupid to take advantage of good engages and/or they die alone in lane in stupid ways

Alur

When Milly and I have played over the past 2, maybe 3 months I felt like warriors were king, myself. We typically won when we went double warrior and didn't do as well with just a single warrior. Since so many of the warriors can provide good damage now, you got the added benefit of survivability + the ability to kill. That's why I play Chen so much, and why I did play Zarya a lot.

I don't recommend solo Leoric for pleb play period, though. Just feels like he's too squishy, too easily chunked and doesn't provide enough otherwise. His heroics are some of the most high variance heroics in the game. They can literally singlehandedly win a fight at any given moment, but most of the time both are so easily avoided/escaped it's sickening. He's a far cry from my 65% winrate days with him summer/fall before last.

Dreavus

The student becomes the master becomes the student?

And not just talents, there's also "shrine" (wells) in-base and one out on the map, lol.

I haven't played DOTA 2 in over a year and I can safely say that seeing talents there makes me giggle.

I can't quite say I've been clean for a year but I'm down to a game or two on weekends only and basically exclusively in 5 stacks.

There's a joke about how I'm an "old man" and can't keep up since I don't play much. Well now I can open wide the doors to the senior's center because no one is going to know anything. I'm convinced that the update page just scrolls endlessly like a folklore riddle, trapping foolish men who try to learn too much. Some say there are people still scrolling, trying to see it all...

Zackat

And not just talents, there's also "shrine" (wells) in-base and one out on the map, lol.

I can't quite say I've been clean for a year but I'm down to a game or two on weekends only and basically exclusively in 5 stacks.

There's a joke about how I'm an "old man" and can't keep up since I don't play much. Well now I can open wide the doors to the senior's center because no one is going to know anything. I'm convinced that the update page just scrolls endlessly like a folklore riddle, trapping foolish men who try to learn too much. Some say there are people still scrolling, trying to see it all...

brian!

pretty ballsy to pick diablo into that
medivh is great for chu cause it's like a ok chu pls be a bird and stay out of trouble pick

kirblar

Best thread title ever.

Great showing by Chu8 there. Tho not taking the other talent at L7 was clearly a mistake if he was going to be in bird form all game.

scoobs

Haha so happy for chu8, must be a really cool feeling for him to go pro again in a new game. I know who I'm rooting for!

scoobs

Must be nice. Given all the shit that guy has been through in his life, I'm happy for him. I wish I could play video games all day and make like $100k a year. Sounds like a dope life.

Dreavus

even w/ a stimpack grinding a character from lvl 8 -> 9 is too real

Yup. I've spammed 7 games of Jo in my ramshackle TL placement group because she's a pretty good pick on most maps to get close to 9. The EXP bonuses stack up nicely.

If you're trying to do it in QM, hoo boy.

brian!

I did it in qm and just spammed falstad so i could beat the free week ending, got it done in about 8 games

Do you get more exp if you win?

scoobs

Falstad is a must-own IMO. He's almost always a great assassin choice on any map.

I'm in the process of slowly but surely getting every hero to level 9 right now. I've got about half of them done with the other half at least level 7 or higher. To what end? The gold is nice, but I guess I'm just a completionist like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom