• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ketch

We know you love that Zuna fam.

I would love to, but all I've ever played is the tutorial so that's probably not going to happen. RIP the dream.

it's fine. it'll be fun to try anyway. we'll get matched with other total noobs anyway.

kirblar

I think i just Kirblar on braxis :p
Our Sylvanas went ahead and picked her having never played her on competitive. (I checked postmatch)

Result: Dead Sylvanas and full energy Zarya. 5 deaths and multiple AFKs during the match. (I had one dumb solo suicide trying to rotate pre-dive lol)

This is the third godawful Syl in a row too. I think people assume they can play her due to Vs AI cheese rush.

Our Sylvanas went ahead and picked her having never played her on competitive. (I checked postmatch)

Result: Dead Sylvanas and full energy Zarya. 5 deaths and multiple AFKs during the match.

This is the third godawful Syl in a row too. I think people assume they can play her due to Vs AI cheese rush.

dude i saw ya and i was like, kirblar is gonna be pissed, his team is not great, i had 25 stack of echoed corruption on the dehaka alone at like level 8

scoobs

Does it really make sense for Butcher to have mana? #HOTSthoughtsafterdark

Not really, maybe he should just have cooldowns like Samuro?

I'm gonna panic if there's no ragnaros tomorrow

Deep breaths.... its going to be ok. New heroes release on Tuesday don't they? He comin'

Going to be a ridiculous week or two coming up.. Rag is going to release so fucking OP and he's gonna have a 100% ban rate.

Alur

It is weird that it says the maintenance is on Wednesday.

Normally when coming from PTR it is always on Tuesday. Doesn't necessarily mean Rag won't go tomorrow or whatever, but it is definitely a bit ambiguous.

Shinypogs

yo,

I hadn't played in ages until a couple days ago when I started helping a friend who plays overwatch get the "play with friends" games done needed to get the genji skin. He agreed to keep going to the 30 games for the free heroes in case I actually want to come back to the game since I'm finding it fun again.

Now if I do come back I have a little over 40k saved up and I'm not sure whose a good buy these days since I'm so out of the loop. Also despite starting back towards the tale end of the beta I only own Brightwing, Anub'arak, and Jaina. I played a LOT of Brightwing according to my stats also more Sargent hammer than Anub'arak but I bought him over her for some reason, my memory is fuzzy.

scoobs

Pick up all of the really good cheap heroes like Muradin, Malfurion, ETC, Jaina, Thrall, Tychus, Valla. All of these are top-tier hereos in the meta right now that you can have a lot of success with.

That will leave you with a good hefty chunk of gold to buy the expensive hero(es) that you really have your eyes on (Ragnaros comes out tomorrow.. 15,000 gold... just sayin')

Maledict

Well we know that Ragmaros is a day late in Europe, and that our maintained is Thursday morning rather than Wednesday morning as it normally is. So if your maintanence has been pushed back to Wednesday I'm afraid it really looks like he's delayed a day for you as well.

Must be something to do with the new seasons or something.

Btw does anyone think the 'first pick' system for team league is going to be an absolute farce, and that they really should have held off making people play it in duos until they had swaps implemented?

scoobs

I'm starting to come to realization that Rag is coming on Wednesday, and I'm extremely salty about it. I'm gonna go to sleep, and just hope when I wake up that he is out.

Alavard

Finally got Thrall to 10 and nabbed his Master Skin, and got Chen to 9 in my last match last night.

Now I have to decide who to focus on next (in non-draft games, anyway). I've never been very confident with my Jaina or Tyrande play and they're both still at level 7, so maybe I'll work on them.

Milly79

I like how there are two topics on the front page of reddit that sums up our thread very nicely: "chromie sucks to play against" and "chromie is fine for the game"

brian!

I mean maybe those two things arent mutually exclusive

Like i dont enjoy getting bounced around like a pinball by etc but it is what it is

Maledict

To be fair the 'Chromie is fine' thread was started in response to the first by a Chromie lover who didn't want his comment to be missed in the main thread, and who also didn't understand the complaints. Like I e said many times, it's nothing to do with power and everything to do with fun. Chromie is nova turned into cute girl form - she plays her own game which often doesn't interact with anyone else on either side.

brian!

Yeah her design is bad but all in all id say im not heavily invested in some sort of reformation for her just cause shes hardly on my radar w/r/t this game lol

Besides oh look they have chromie guess we win

Maledict

I always laugh when people complain about Chromie considering the amount of bullshit heroes can do in Dota 2.

It's not to do with power level, or her ults. It's the basic moment to moment to moment play - literally, every 1.5 seconds against her. I can't think of a hero in Dota that does what she does, and you add into that the lack of items which means you can't counter it on a lot of heroes and it just makes for an unfun game. Even when your winning you still can be one shorted from a screen away without any counter play and that sucks.

Maledict

Here we go again

One of her ults is Temporal Loop. What do you expect? ;-)

Have to say on a more positive tone, the latest changes to her, specifically the level 1 talent, didn't make much sense. You aren't going to make a hero like Chromie take a utility talent at level 1 when it's next to two straight up damage talents. If you pick Chromie you pick her as an artillery piece and you can't skip a straight up damage dealing boost at level 1. Even versus nova it's not worth it.

scoobs

Decided to give up on the level 9 dream for all heroes for a bit, just played one of my fav heroes Kerrigan this morning and fucking destroyed everyone, feelsgoodman

Alur

No Rag is what feels bad man. And no new patch. Was looking forward to that minty fresh HOTS feeling, but instead I'll just pretend I'm in EU for once.

Alavard

you know what your team will follow up on*

the enemy li ming walking into your group

*not all teams will follow up

You're right, but it often feels like my team will jump on someone out of position if they have the chance. They're usually too eager in that respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom