• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kioshen

Imagine if you had to sit still channeling an objective that gets interrupted on touch in dota tho lol

Oh man I started trying to remember abilities and just the few off the top of my head was already annoying lmao.

It's not to do with power level, or her ults. It's the basic moment to moment to moment play - literally, every 1.5 seconds against her. I can't think of a hero in Dota that does what she does, and you add into that the lack of items which means you can't counter it on a lot of heroes and it just makes for an unfun game. Even when your winning you still can be one shorted from a screen away without any counter play and that sucks.

Long range squishy nukers are annoying for sure when most heroes can't buy a mobility item to get to them.

brian!

o we back to being qm king bois
8fa0d260724d4ac085350242e0a93639.png

shout outs to the majority of the playerbase who only try in hl i couldnt have done it without u

scoobs

Samuro is really not that great, I am 100% positive blizz will/has over-nerfed him into completely unpickable territory

scoobs

Ok let me clarify... he's fine for quick match as a pub stomper, the same way Nova is fine. I was just hoping he'd be a staple in the competitive scene because he can have such a high skill cap, but I never saw him played before the nerfs and now I'm positive I'll never see him played, and it makes me sad. He's so fun to watch played at high levels!

Samuro is a case where he can be a great assassin and pick off a squishy(He counters Chromie Perfectly because of this)

however Dehaka completely counters him, and he's like Illidan in that his damage will never be great. However he's a great pusher and a great mercer.

He's like illidan.

Alavard

You know who I want to see in competitive again? Diablo. I didn't get a chance to play him much on the PTR but I'm hoping this rework gives him a new place.

scoobs

You know who I want to see in competitive again? Diablo. I didn't get a chance to play him much on the PTR but I'm hoping this rework gives him a new place.

I feel pretty confident we're going to be seeing a lot of Diablo in the next few months.

brian!

yeah i have to get diablo from 8->9 and ive been holding off for the new patch

Reddit voted top 5 na players

Fan, zuna, mcin, chu, cattle

I think Brian made a bot to get Zuna 2

dam there was an mvp vote i would have been so down to do that

zuna, erho, fan, k1 (havent seen him play in a long ass time tho), jason
in no order

Alur

Erho and co said on THH Diablo is god level on PTR. First pick, first ban.

Looks like we can't enjoy the Christmas/holiday break without the stun meta.

scoobs

He's got this dope talent at level 7 i think that gives you ability damage resistance based on how many souls you have. So if you are at 100 souls you just get a permanent 25% ability damage resistance or something like that until you die. Its super strong.

Battlefield of Eternity, there's a Nova on my team, a Reaching Through Time Chromie and Valla on the other team and our Nova is trying to wave clear and attack the Immortal...with Anti-Armor Shells picked at 7. Late night Quick Match pls.

Dreavus

Finish TL placements last night and got plat 4. Better than I expected. I was just placing for practice and the rewards but ended up with some good teamwork in those games.

I was able to just pick Johanna in like 8/10 games which was nice (Only times I didn't was when she was locked by other team). I like that hero a lot and it seems like she fits into a lot of team compositions.

Speaking of Jo I was trying out her shield bash level 1 mana talent in games where I didn't need the block and it's really nice. The one thing I notice when playing her in general is mana issues, and with that talent you can gain mana from a minion wave while you clear it. Completely wrote that talent off in the past but it definitely has its uses.

scoobs

Its funny you mention that, I was watching Moonfarez play her the other day and he also was trying that talent and got a lot of value out of it. She definitely is mana starved and its actually quite good, especially when you're running the condemn build

IceMarker

What's Rag's skin included in his bundle and what's his Master Skin? Any screenshots up?

I bought him with gold, but the Master Skin is literally the same thing but with a sharper/pointier head and shoulders, Lil' Ragnaros is included in his bundle.

Can't even get into an AI co-op game with him right now lol

Alur

Not getting the dumb other skin, cuz I know I'm all in on the master skin

You're wrong. Lil Rag and it's voice is one of the better skins in the game. Master skin? ADD MORE SPIKES/ARMOR MWAHAHA

Mainly it's the voice and interactions, though.

What's Rag's skin included in his bundle and what's his Master Skin? Any screenshots up?

Lil Rag is the paid skin. The master is just his base skin with more armor, as most master skins are.

Alur

His included skin is the better of the three because of the voicelines included. Also, it's just better. I'll die on this hill.

And yeah, sitting in queue with Rag. This is the longest wait I can remember on live for a release hero in QM.

Kioshen

I agree Lil' Rag is the best. At this point I might be too cheap to splurge on the bundle and wait three weeks for the price to go down.

Alur

These queues are awful. Since so many are playing Rag, it's literally just throwing together every MMR it can muster. Fucking feeding galore, pure idiocy. God I'm glad I play in Diamond. I don't know how anyone puts up with players this bad.

EDIT: Played 3 games. Lost all three. Top siege/damage/exp in each. If it was regular groups this might be fun, but they are making it hard to love the guy.

brian!

Kolluzion says Bloodlust is real. Not a shock (and I'd expect the healing % to get nerfbatted tbh)

Yeah i thought it was quite usable before, they should have buffed dmg on him first before buffing blust, esp. now with eq becoming standard on thrall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom