• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ketch

That is true too. I suppose on the maps that do you could hide out and wait til they cap it and then possess, but I still don't see how it really makes it that much more attractive. Everyone is still there at it, it's more a denial than a gain IMO.

There's a lot of times late game where you've got to either defend the boss push or respond to an objective. Only needing one hero to not only instantly stop the boss push but also turn it around would be pretty strong.

I think the idea of possession the way it is now is really cool, it just doesn't behave any thing like how you expect it to. What you'd want to do is turn the enemy minion waves around to push down the lanes or be a hard counter to enemy push strats. But you posess minions and they just die and there's no push and it does nothing against enemy pushes that sylvanas doesn't just already do with her trait.

Would it really be that big of a deal if it reliable turned enemy mercs at lvl 10? I mean you're giving up wailing arrow.

Maledict

I think they've really screwed up these regionals btw. The entire thing feels a bit amateur hour, every team seems to have different people each week with a dumbass name, and you would hardly know the tournaments are happening.

Surely it's not that hard to build something into the client that just takes you to an appropriate twitch stream? They are spending all this money on prizes, but everything around it seems half-asses.

Oh, and applying a patch that makes significant balance changes to one of the most played heroes in the game 6 hours before a tournament is insane.

Ketch

Ok. Yea I played him yesterday and did way less damage. But I think he's still really good late game.

Edit: fuck typing.

Why is stitches banned from this event?

Maledict

Ok. Yea I played him yesterday and did way less damage. But I think he's still really good late game.

Edit: fuck typing.

Why is stitches banned from this event?

There's a big with his hook that can create intense and long lasting lag for the enemy team. It only happens in custom games and isn't replicable at the moment - all we know is it's something to do with hooks coming out of the fog of war. It won't happen at all in normal games so nothing to worry about.

And re KT, yes they patched on Wednesday night before the first round of USA qualifiers. Increasing his heroics cooldown by 50%, descreasing his stun by 33% and decreasing his shields power by 25% and duration by 33% aren't small changes by any means. Not saying they aren't good changes - but don't drop them hours before a tournament. If Blizzard want this to be an export they need to get this stuff sorted.

Ketch

Really? I've been playing stitches a bit since I got back and haven't noticed. Also these drafts are great... No uther?

Alur

Would it really be that big of a deal if it reliable turned enemy mercs at lvl 10? I mean you're giving up wailing arrow.

I don't think it would, but I also still don't think that'd make it any kind of real pick. It'd still suck for the most part.

Surely it's not that hard to build something into the client that just takes you to an appropriate twitch stream? They are spending all this money on prizes, but everything around it seems half-asses.

IMO that is part of the problem with these qualifiers. No prize pool on any of em, no real stakes. Then take away the best teams week by week and it's not even worth tuning in for. I preferred everyone continuing to compete last year myself.

And re KT, yes they patched on Wednesday night before the first round of USA qualifiers. Increasing his heroics cooldown by 50%, descreasing his stun by 33% and decreasing his shields power by 25% and duration by 33% aren't small changes by any means. Not saying they aren't good changes - but don't drop them hours before a tournament. If Blizzard want this to be an export they need to get this stuff sorted.

What else can they do, though? Besides make a server for just the games, I can't think of anything that's going to satisfy everyone. We want the changes and we want them fast and we are the majority by far and away. This is part of the downside. IMO they are pros for a reason. Adapt and don't pigeonhole yourself.

Ketch

I don't think it would, but I also still don't think that'd make it any kind of real pick. It'd still suck for the most part.

Yea I don't think it would make much difference either except that it might actually be slightly useful instead of completely useless. Like it's not even fun to mess around with possession in QM because it literally does nothing.

Also, I don't miss haunted mines at all.good riddance.

Alur

Agreed. Though I'm the last Garden of Terror defender in the Nexus, they can take it too. I'm tired of chasing terrors.

Ketch

I like garden. Good Illidan map. The changes to the plant were good. Increase the duration health and cd on the building disable and increase the terrors move speed for 30 seconds after spawning.

Alur

It's move speed is part of the issue though. It just runs from place to place and drops a pot and never really interacts with anything til late game. That's why people don't like it.

To me the pot should only disable when the terror is in range. The whack-a-mole nature of chasing the thing is just not very fun, and it was long my very favorite map.

Ketch

Bonus move speed for after it spawns only to get across the map into the action. Probably remove the e speed burst skill. Longer duration, hp, and cool down on the potted plant to keep the terror from running back and forth dropping plants on forts. Dropping it in a safe spot and be forced to defend it with the terror is much more interesting

We're on the same page I think

Alur

The move speed idea is interesting. I didn't think about it like that. It definitely needs something, though I do agree that the terror disabling the core helped at least keep the games from being prolonged..

Milly79

Yeah I'm not really sure what happened with GoT. I remember it used to be my favorite map. Did they change anything else aside from disabling the core? I think that was a change for the worse, IMO. It was the only map that could go decently long.

Ketch

Yea I like it because it goes late too but before the change there was his shitty place the game would go to where the plant terrors couldn't end the game and that was dumb.

Edit:
Lunara Jaina comp is pretty sweet but too bad li Ming exists so I'll never get to play it in HL.

started playing again a few weeks ago after being distracted by RL, Witcher 3, Ark, FO4, etc, and it seems I still got the skills, and quick match seems to be better than back in the day...(just a little bit)

with that said, my god, li ming is op. So op, i decided to just buy her (never did that with a hero when they came out, always waited for a sale or buy with gold)

Her arcane orb is definitely a bit overtuned

Maybe half the damage it does to buildings

its not just her orb, it feels like the combination of all her abilities + right talents + range just makes her OP.

range is insane

damage is insane

survivability when talented is insane.

got tired of 75% of my games ending up being "who has the better li ming" in regards to who won, so I just bought her so I can put it on my back.

Glaurung's been talking about his time at Tempo on his stream

Teamhouse apparently wasn't too great, seems like it wasn't pre furnished and they had to eat ramen noodles a lot due to budget constraints.
And some other tidbits I missed, little bit about Dread too.

Oh man this one's good, Zuna and Kenma won't scrim with Glau since he was streaming SEL when they were raging.

Maledict

IMO that is part of the problem with these qualifiers. No prize pool on any of em, no real stakes. Then take away the best teams week by week and it's not even worth tuning in for. I preferred everyone continuing to compete last year myself.

What else can they do, though? Besides make a server for just the games, I can't think of anything that's going to satisfy everyone. We want the changes and we want them fast and we are the majority by far and away. This is part of the downside. IMO they are pros for a reason. Adapt and don't pigeonhole yourself.

I don't think it unreasonable for them to at least give 24 hours for a change like that. The teams spend hours training on the game, to make such major changes hours before a tournament is just ridiculous. All they had to do was push the patch live on Thursday instead of Wednesday - we didn't need the patch that desperately, the game had survived Kael being in his current state for months and months already...;-)

I think League actually does have a server for tournaments only BTW, playing on the last patch or something. But then other MOBAs also have tournament links in client, bans, swaps, multiple game modes, community tools, etc etc, so I guess it just needs adding to the list. Will be interesting to see what the next patch holds for the game engine.

(BTW, since we haven't seen anything of Xul at all, I'm guessing he wasn't loaded into the client with Li-Ming?)

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Wow that boss call. .... Such risk, much throw

Edit: GG DDOS

i watched this match. the gust on the whole team at the north boss with leoric spawning on top was also crazy. definitely bad decision making at the end by resurge.

also had a feeling with my luck falstad would be on rotation this week if i bought him. glad i held off.

Glaurung's been streaming the last 10 hours, lots of juicy details, some fun chogall with Cauthonluck, QM with idream and K1Pro, duoqueue with Faye, joy to watch Zeratul and Illidan and a surprising range of music.

http://www.twitch.tv/glaurungtv

Kinda slowed down now, with only playing no talking.

Zarmony now playing on Team Sandwich Monkeys, lol ChoGall of BKB and adrd is lterally bkb'adrd

Do i buy greymane or li ming
or lunara

thats a good question.... and the dilemma I was facing.

Greymane seems the most fun, but Li ming is just so damn stronk, so I went with Li Ming, but I have a feeling Blizz will nerf her ass to the ground in a few weeks.

lunara seems interesting, dunno about her.

Alur

Teamhouse apparently wasn't too great, seems like it wasn't pre furnished and they had to eat ramen noodles a lot due to budget constraints.
And some other tidbits I missed, little bit about Dread too.

Would love to see this. Does he save his Twitch vods? I can't remember.

Do i buy greymane or li ming
or lunara

Lunara is my choice if you're not going MingLee. She's very fun and pretty decent now.

Do you feel like Pablo when you log into HOTS?

Would love to see this. Does he save his Twitch vods? I can't remember.

Lunara is my choice if you're not going MingLee. She's very fun and pretty decent now.

Do you feel like Pablo when you log into HOTS?

Dunno but it was like an 11 hour stream and it's not gonna be the easiest to find.

I can't stop shaking my head everytime I read the title. What does Swish have to do with Picasso and please tell me he isn't putting himself on the same pedestal as actually one of the most influential and greatest artists of modern times. Or is it a completely different Pablo?

Edit: He does have VODs but it's mostly muted since he was playing music.

You never stop learning, I actually learned spanish. My favourite spanish word remains Muselman, since it's german for muslim but not used anymore since it's derogative and the plural is los muselmanos

brian!

Fairly certain he doesnt think he's god
He does battle w/ mania and depression tho, and the abrupt death of his mother probably cut him deeper than anyone in the public is privy to

Just like arthas (keeping it topical)

Acidote

You never stop learning, I actually learned spanish. My favourite spanish word remains Muselman, since it's german for muslim but not used anymore since it's derogative and the plural is los muselmanos

I don't know if I'm missing anything, but muslim in Spanish is 'musulmán'; plural: 'musulmanes'. It's not derogative.

Acidote

It's phonetically identical to the German usage where it's officially been declared as a derogative and discriminatory.

It's good to know to avoid confusion if I ever have to speak about that with a german speaker. In Spain it would actually be the most polite way to describe a follower of Islam.

brian!

is thrall supposed to be orc jesus
that kind of changes the whole only orc with blue eyes thing for me
oh wait no, I read it wrong, he's the only orc with eyebrows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom