• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah finally hit 10 playing with daniel yesterday

gPDKmqC.jpg

Alur

I literally call you family in my head. I have no clue how to pronounce your name or what it means or if I should be offended, happy, or feel stupid. So...family. Sometimes I call you Frank Vogel. That's something I guess. At least you're important that way.

Milly79

2 portraits:

7BH4X7NVWFNT1454707756938.png

That one if for this weekend.

01EQMJ71HDHL1455911801702.jpg

That’s not all! Tune in to Twitch for the Spring Global Championship Finals being held April 1-3 in Seoul, South Korea and earn a second exclusive portrait, shown above:

New MM rule in place too:

We just implemented a rule for team compositions in Quick Match that we previously detailed in last week’s blog on the current state of matchmaking in Heroes of the Storm. As mentioned in the blog, we’d like to limit cases in which Quick Match teams will receive several heroes who fill unique roles, or have limited lane presence.

From now on, it will be very unlikely that you will encounter more than one of the following heroes on the same Quick Match team:

Abathur
Cho’gall
Lt. Morales
Murky
Nova
The Lost Vikings

As with all of the team composition restrictions we’ve implemented so far, parties can still bend this rule. This means that you may still see heroes like Abathur and Cho’gall on the same team if those players entered the queue as a party.

There are two other exceptions that are worth noting, as well:

If you are matched against a team that has two of the above heroes in their composition, such as Abathur and Murky, your team may also receive two of the listed heroes.

Auto-Select does not yet abide by the new restriction. This means that if you have one of the above heroes and an Auto-Select on your team, the Auto-Select may also become one of the listed heroes. Auto-Select support for today’s new Quick Match restriction will arrive with a future patch.

If it makes you feel better, I'm more into Jo and Zagara

Sometimes it's sexier when they keep the hard exoskeleton on

I say this as someone who posts like 5 times a day in DOAX3 threads

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
i like zera and sgt hammer personally

Played some games as Luna. I was doing well until everyone died.

I should probably stop playing qm and move onto Hero League. I'm sure it'll be better, but in my head all I'm imagining is getting flamed by my team constantly.

Or just stay in ARAM. Where the real winners are.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Played some games as Luna. I was doing well until everyone died.

I should probably stop playing qm and move onto Hero League. I'm sure it'll be better, but in my head all I'm imagining is getting flamed by my team constantly.

Or just stay in ARAM. Where the real winners are.

HL is clearly better than qm but there are times when your team is drafting like it's qm and your opponents are drafting like they're pros so the team comp is clearly a disadvantage.

Qm is just fun for quests and trying new builds, never care about winning. I just had a game where by lvl 7 I realized my Sylvanas didn't know how to play her and I went the 200% poison dmg at 7. I became the greatest split pusher ever. Buildings absolutely melted. I just wish she had some sustain or evasion because with that talent her jungle is insane but she gets so low on health.

I thought it was always on. I'm almost positive it was always on as of the patch that introduced it (the one where they changed players to blue instead of green and things you spawn to yellow). Didn't know there was an option for that.

Milly79

I think shift has different interactions with abilities?

Quick cast ON does not show it.

Anything else and you'll always see the grid.

Today is ridiculous too, played to HL matches. 1 started awfully till midgame where we get a teamwipe and steal their boss. Still lose eventually but the stupidity of the enemy team surprised me. They won because the were able to wobo consistently, had far better teamplay than us and me lagging as Rehgar didn't particularly help either. Oh and the Gmayne that was flaming a lot at the end said it's his job to jump in and kill Ming Lee XD. No it's not your job to fail at trading 1 for 1...

Then the 2nd game we are about equal till my team makes the mistake of not getting off the bottom shrine soon enough and got pincer attacked. Traded 4 for 2 and the enemy team just gets the rest of the temples and only then tries to go for boss, after Tyrande scouted it, in plain sight and all of us already respawned or about to. We go there, easily wipe them and end.
They could have done boss and then gotten one or both temples and have a huge lead on us if they couldn't outright have ended from there. The way they did it was the worst. Everything tells me I'm in the average MMR range but really people just are playing awful. Myself obviously included at times.

brian!

Its at higher mmrs too, like ppl engaging in the worst possible decision or rotation occurs prtty frequently but i still kinda enjoy the dmg control aspect of it and ofc it's a joy when ppl do things right and click. Sometimes ill be playing w/ my bruh and say something like "ok as long as they dont do very specific x thing we should be good" and lo and behold lol

Like the other day i was trying li ming for the first time and we had a gmane who never came to the infernal shrine early on, he was really deadset on split pushing, which is fine, our team knew how to bait out the pun1sher, it's an objective that sucks, etc. But then as the game went on our team realized that this guy was truly roleplaying as a lone wolf and pushing at the most inoppurtune time, getting caught out and so on, dude was like 3400 or something too. My team was chill tho which is what matters in the end and i went gcannon/missles against another gmane so i cant hate too hard.

Milly79

Really wish you played more haha

And damn

Cooby going all in on ESL and Jake leaving the scene? Well, he didn't say that, but...

brian!

Im down to play, mainly ive been playing less because my brother asks me less, sometimes i have time and sometimes i dont so just ask

Maledict

Pretty big rehgar changes in the pipeline

I think the nova stuff is silly - snipe master is just a dumb, dumb ability that emphasises the very worse aspects of Nova. There's no way to fix it in its current state - even were it viable power wise it's still a stupid talent that stop you helping your team and actually playing the map.

The rehgar stuff looks cool - he still wins too much, and all those changes seem reasonable. The protective shield at 13 was very very strong on that short a cooldown, and the duration on the Lightning shield was a bad thing because of the everlasting damage bonus you could get at 16. All in all they are reasonable nerfs I feel.

Milly79

Nova
Snipe (Q)

Damage increased from 295 (+4% per level) to 310 (+4% per level)
Snipe Master (Talent)
Damage bonus per stack increased from 12% to 15%. This effect can still stack up to 5 times

Developer Comment: We are continuing to tune Snipe Master to make it a more attractive choice, assuming you are consistently landing your Snipes.

Rehgar
Lightning Shield (W)

Electric Charge (Talent)
Bonus to Lightning Shield radius decreased from 33% to 25%
Stormcaller (Talent)
No longer increases Lightning Shield duration
Earthshield (Talent)
Shield amount reduced from 15% to 12% of the target’s maximum Health

Ancestral Healing (R)

Cooldown increased from 80 to 100 seconds

Bloodlust (R)

Mana cost reduced from 125 to 75

Developer Comment: The initial round of Rehgar nerfs weren’t quite enough to bring his winrate down to a level that we think is healthy. We like that his base kit feels powerful, so we are aiming to reduce the synergy between his Lightning Shield Talents. We are also increasing Ancestral Healing’s cooldown to better reflect the healing power it brings to a teamfight. The Bloodlust Mana change is simply a quality of life improvement. Overall, we enjoy how Rehgar plays right now, and are excited to see him bring other Heroes, such as Illidan, back into prominence. With that in mind, we’re aiming to cautiously nerf Rehgar over time as we bring this Shaman in line with other Healers.

Milly79

I think as whole it's dumb. Replace GP with something you have to continually land, when it's not all THAT easy to do so. Just remove it and give her something else.

Rehgar getting another nerf. Really shocked and glad they're being proactive with it. They knew that shit was OP from the PTR. Still can't believe it got to live.

brian!

Im w/ that reddit thread on nerfing his q, but they didnt touch his dmg numbers, the lvl 4 talent was a dumb interaction, and his ult was hit so all in all it makes sense.

Maledict

I really don't understand the people saying his Q needs to be nerfed so that you have to make a choice between upping his damage or healing.

They have looked at his talent trees right? They do understand it's not possible to up his healing? Try as you might the only place you can 'up his healing' is at tier 13, and at that stage you don't have a choice - you are picking a healing talent no matter what!

Also, don't people realise that making him pick healing talents against damage talents is exactly what made him so dull last time around, and the entire point of his revamp was to stop that happening?

He's so well designed and people keep wanting to revert back to the old, flawed model of forcing people into healing talents over damage or utility talents.

Alur

Last summer, AH was on a 60 second cooldown. Now it's up to 100 seconds. Better kit or not, seems dumb to me. He needs the nerf but not sure that's the thing I'd hit.

I dunno how he'll shake out, but his healing is now worse than when they started and his shields have been nerfed twice now.

I still maintain my stance that they fucked up with all of these changes. It should've been Feral Lunge and nothing else. Then try adding in some talent reworks. People would've been happy with that. Now you're just taking toys away every patch til he goes back to being irrelevant.

Maledict

I think his Q probably needs a small nerf, but to leave his talents alone - I definitely don't want to have to chose between more healing or damage. I actually want the same approach to be taken with other supports - it's awful having to chose between something interesting and useful, or a straight up boring but powerful boost to your numbers.

Kharazim could do with this love. His 7 talents in particular are buggered, as without the second healing aura hime simply isn't worth it.

brian!

Personally im fine w/ his talents, dont care about talent diversity tbh, i want him to be picked for lightning shield and aoe/burst heal option

Milly79

I want to see how it shakes out before we pass judgement on it.

W finally gets the nerf it needs. That shit was way too strong of an enabler for anyone that was in the thick of things.

Q is strong as fuck without talenting into it at all as is. You never see it played.

E is supposedly really good too, but once again, I haven't seen it since the buff.

AH getting hit sucks for sure, but his healing is still in a great spot.

Alur

I just worry with them hitting his ult. Heals are picked for the most part based on their ult (or not based on their lack of one) throughout this game's history. His CD on his main ult has been effectively doubled in less than a year. His other ult is a virtual non-entity and they keep adding heroes like Xul to counter the very heroes that could make it work.

kirblar

I really don't understand the people saying his Q needs to be nerfed so that you have to make a choice between upping his damage or healing.

They have looked at his talent trees right? They do understand it's not possible to up his healing? Try as you might the only place you can 'up his healing' is at tier 13, and at that stage you don't have a choice - you are picking a healing talent no matter what!

Also, don't people realise that making him pick healing talents against damage talents is exactly what made him so dull last time around, and the entire point of his revamp was to stop that happening?

He's so well designed and people keep wanting to revert back to the old, flawed model of forcing people into healing talents over damage or utility talents.
Healing needs to be very static on supports. If it isn't, you get exactly the problem you describe.
Their aiming to reduce the synergy of his talents........
Yes. Lightning Shield is really stupid right now in part because all the talents feed into each other.

brian!

The nerfs in this go around all make sense, nerf his q a bit to reassert (what i think is) his new identity, a comp-enabling support that works well in dbl support

Alur

The nerfs in this go around all make sense, nerf his q a bit to reassert (what i think is) his new identity, a comp-enabling support that works well in dbl support

Beyond the AH nerf, that's my issue. For the vast, vast majority of players...when will they see double support? Not gonna be doing it in QM. Wasn't ever really all that common when Tyrande was OP in HL, or with Kharazim on his release, etc.

Feel like even if you went double support there are better options, and still better off getting a real damage dealer anyway when it comes down to it if he can't solo heal well anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom