• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian!

thrall sonya illidan all gud right now
butcher too for specific cases

probably gonna end up buying li ming, i like lunara but i dont like not being able to mount and rotate plus I need a diablo assassin

Fuzzery

Just won 2 games with EZGAMEZLYFE, got matched with DAVEMO too, we had a hard engage comp with thrall in the second game with no healer, that worked surprisingly well

Probably 1 more game for rank 1

Mostly duo and trio in QM. Don't think I've HL'd with him. If that's what you're asking.

Yeah that's kinda the issue with a coordinated team against an uncoordinated or with picks supporting him, he can be great but otherwise I haven't been that impressed by him in my MMR range.
Gotta learn how to dodge his charge though, pyro makes it so easy compared.

My opinion on him can be pretty much disregarded though considering I didn't play him for a single game yet and don't plan to.

Fuzzery

Well there it is, I wish there was a way to see your MMR in-game after that, maybe a legend system like hearthstone or something. Now to get to level 40 for team league

Alur

Well there it is, I wish there was a way to see your MMR in-game after that, maybe a legend system like hearthstone or something. Now to get to level 40 for team league

Grandmaster league has been in the works for a bit. It's still a bit of a ways off though apparently.

Milly79

I wonder if tomorrow is the day we don't get a patch.

And I also can't wait to see the bitching when they stop patching so frequently. We all know it's coming.

Duress

I love the censoring of foul language. People still type it out, yet it doesn't show up. It's like no one knows how to express themselves otherwise. Blizzard expanding our vocabulary.

Celegus

Abathur: OMFG DON'T PICK LUNARA NOOB (I'm last pick against Jaina & KT, easy pickings)

Proceed to get more kills than Li Ming and more exp than Abathur, only died once.

Someday people will see the light. She even gets picked early in the pro scene, but I still get flamed every game.

Abathur: OMFG DON'T PICK LUNARA NOOB (I'm last pick against Jaina & KT, easy pickings)

Proceed to get more kills than Li Ming and more exp than Abathur, only died once.

Someday people will see the light. She even gets picked early in the pro scene, but I still get flamed every game.

She's in an odd position where she's really good but nobody picks her in high ranked games. I'm rank 1, and in the last....20 games I've only seen her picked once.

scoobs

What do you guys think about abathur? Those mines are the most annoying thing ever

He's an annoyance more than anything. At a high level of play he's almost unpickable due to not being able to team fight until level 10. He has his niche though, and if you're pretty good at low to mid-level play, you can carry.

I think most importantly hes incredibly fun to play.

On big maps with heavy rotations he's incredible.

The fact you can delay their arrival to a tribute 3shot squishies push and soak multiple lanes while participating in team fights is just obnoxious.
You have to try Aba + chogall.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks

Dont you mean LOSEnara

Maledict

I wonder if xul patch got delayed in order to fix the stitches lag bug

I don't think it's been delayed - it's the American Spring regionals this weekend, dropping a big patch days before that would have completely screwed the event.

Instead we'll get it next week to screw up the EU regionals... ;-)

Maledict

I guess I should be more specific, pro-level play. He's a niche pick, you almost never ever see him. High-level hero league, sure.

He is picked at pro level repeatedly, if he isn't banned straight out. On certain maps he's very, very strong. No-one wants to fight abathur on cursed hollow, for example.

scoobs

He is picked at pro level repeatedly, if he isn't banned straight out. On certain maps he's very, very strong. No-one wants to fight abathur on cursed hollow, for example.

I mean, I guess I don't watch EVERY match, but I watch Khaldor's casts and literally never see Abathur, unless its very specific comps like protect the illidan.

What do you guys think about abathur? Those mines are the most annoying thing ever

He's my favorite character by far. He's not a character that will carry the team, but he can easily be the deciding factor if they will win or not.

I don't know where he sits in any meta but I love the variety in his kit. And slapping someone to death is probably the best thing about this game.

Edit: How is he treated in Hero League? He's my main, so I've been too worried to play that mode. Heard he frequently gets heat.

Maledict

I think we must be watching very different casts - I never see Abathur and Illidan anymore at pro-level play. It's substantially weaker than it used to be, and illidan isn't s good copy target for him.

I will say I think he's more of a regular on the NA scene than Europe. Abathur a also the type of hero that requires real co-ordination and sync between a team to make him work at that level, and the Euro teams have been in such flux it's hard to run that type of strat.

Maledict

He's my favorite character by far. He's not a character that will carry the team, but he can easily be the deciding factor if they will win or not.

I don't know where he sits in any meta but I love the variety in his kit. And slapping someone to death is probably the best thing about this game.

Edit: How is he treated in Hero League? He's my main, so I've been too worried to play that mode. Heard he frequently gets heat.

You can't pick him early - if you are late picking and your team has the required tank / support / damage you should be fine (on the right maps - never tomb!). First.picking abathur gets a lot of grief, because you are giving up top tier heroes like Rehgar, Li-Ming, Thrall, etc.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I mean, I guess I don't watch EVERY match, but I watch Khaldor's casts and literally never see Abathur, unless its very specific comps like protect the illidan.

Abathur was played (and banned) all weekend in tournaments.

edit: also just tried Lunara for the first time. Amazing. love her.. didn't realize she was this dot heavy.

I hate the win 3 quest. Every time I can be sure to have the worst matches in sequence for a while. Like right now 2 bot games in a row. At least 1 had the decency to be over in 15 minutes the other took 30 minutes of a slow agonizing loss.

So many abathurs this week and some of them actually take monstrosity. Did no one tell them it's awful?

I hate the win 3 quest. Every time I can be sure to have the worst matches in sequence for a while. Like right now 2 bot games in a row. At least 1 had the decency to be over in 15 minutes the other took 30 minutes of a slow agonizing loss.

So many abathurs this week and some of them actually take monstrosity. Did no one tell them it's awful?

This is why I only play AI games on Beginner level. Then just ask the team to all push one lane where a boss is available and grab boss at 3 minutes. Win.

scoobs

Abathur was played (and banned) all weekend in tournaments.

edit: also just tried Lunara for the first time. Amazing. love her.. didn't realize she was this dot heavy.

Lunara is secretly insane right now. I imagine in a few weeks the rest of the community will catch on and she'll be 1st/2nd picked a lot.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Lunara is secretly insane right now. I imagine in a few weeks the rest of the community will catch on and she'll be 1st/2nd picked a lot.

It takes a while to curve but man, at the end she is a wrecking ball. Just needs a bit of patience and micro. Still messing around with builds, poison seems best.

This is why I only play AI games on Beginner level. Then just ask the team to all push one lane where a boss is available and grab boss at 3 minutes. Win.

Also an option but I gave up on grinding gold and just hope to accomplish them while regularly playing.

There should be a rule that you'll always have a support vs Lunara in QM.

kirblar

Her l1 and l4 talent tiers are awful right now- i really hope they find a way to make them actually dynamic and interesting.

dmosher

Just won 2 games with EZGAMEZLYFE, got matched with DAVEMO too, we had a hard engage comp with thrall in the second game with no healer, that worked surprisingly well

Probably 1 more game for rank 1

Good games, first game I couldn't do anything as Sonya and our Diablo just hard engaged without respect for anything (including talent tiers and levels).

Second game I just figured if we had that much vision and lockdown they wouldn't be able to turnin once. Also, I've gone 6/6 with Zeratul in HL since I read the post on the Glaurung build and combo: https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofth...ecuting_the_glaurung_combo_on_vorpal_zeratul/ so I figured I'd see if I could extend the win streak there :D

brian!

Taggin a hero or structure with it feels awful, and her HP makes her so bad at Mercing till late when she has more burst talents.

Yeah definitely, i like it for waveclear and how its immediately up and free so i can do it when posturing for a shrine or something, the only thing is usually after i dot a wave during laning i want to run to another lane and i cant do that lol

Theres a lot of stuff about her that feels weird, like casting while kiting delays her movement in a frustrating way, a little annoying that hitting things like azmo demons doesnt proc the lvl 1 also

_____
Running list of gaffers ive run into while playing (small world ded game)

kioshen last night in an ai game (didnt realize until the end when we were gettig the core lol)
Davemo in ptr and aram
Yoshi in ptr
Escapingjail in qm

Milly79

I've never had success with Lunara, ever. I loved her when she was broken and tried when she got buffed and couldn't get it. I'm thinking it's the hops or some shit and it always felt like her range was short for some reason (maybe spoiled by the 16 talent). Idk. I don't get her tho.

I too can't play Lunara for beans. She just doesn't click at all

I got like 11 kills with Kerrigan just the other day, I've never gotten even close to that with any of the better Assassins. I think she's mostly ok right now, her biggest problem is actually that her Q build is better for waveclear than the builds clearly designed more for AEing things, which makes no sense and makes taking the other builds make no sense

Also re:Abathur, Monstrosity is the correct choice in lots of situations, it's just a vastly inferior choice if you're doing the Mine build which everyone is using in QM right now because it's so beautifully annoying

Alur

Lunara is pretty weird. She seems right up your alley play-style wise and not in mine, but I have the high winrate with her. I'd say you'd turn it around given more play with her. IIRC you didn't play her too awful much post buff (though neither did I). Her hopping messes me up from time to time in team fights too. And I do think 1 and 4 are shite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom