• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoobs

Anyone got tips for playing greymane? Seems fun but I can't figure out when to use worgen vs human form

Build for his Q ability, the cocktail. Play him as a poke hero until your team has an obvious team fight advantage and/or there is a low enemy hero, then jump in and slaughter them.

Celegus

Don't spend 15k good on a hero it's the worst gold to money exchange rate you can get.

Are their more patch notes for tomorrow?
10k club for life. No way am I spending half of a master skin for two weeks of long queues.

The last few posts on greymane are spot on. He felt weird to me at first, but once he clicks and you start racking up quad kills, he is one of the most exciting heroes to play as.

Abathur should have a lvl 20 talent that let's him symbiote bosses and steer them like a monstrosity. Imagine capping a boss then walking with it to the other boss.

Or ultimate evo a player from the other team.

That'd be great as well but where would you spawn?

I guess that's a bit of a bummer, I was hoping for it to be more 50:50 but I'll build his human form and just use go for the throat.

it's like 80:20 or 70:30, it's nice to be in worgen form at the beginning of a fight as you'll have an escape that way and his waveclear and sieging is much stronger in worgen form. There was a reddit thread on it couple days ago that goes more into details.

brian!

For real tfoh w/ a reddit thread about a handshake but also make like 3 more pls, i can feel the esports

Need official statement by blizz + back and forth exposition from cog and nvt

5 years later as he drops his kid off at kindergarden, a single tear rolls down kenma's cheek, "thank u haters...", he whispers, "thank u for making the dream come true".

Ketch

Here's my theory feel free to steal it and post it on Reddit.

After the crazy gross BM by his teammates, McIntyre realized he was on a team of jerks, began questioning his own motivation to compete and then played poorly in the finals because his mind was focused on "The BM incident" instead of landing maws.

brian!

I think he was more distracted by his non-participation..."fuck i had the best line...the jerkstore called glaurung and they're all out of you!!...shit i missed maw"

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Anyone got tips for playing greymane? Seems fun but I can't figure out when to use worgen vs human form

im not very good at him, but you pretty much use your worgen form to finish off and/or deal a lot of damage in close quarters because he has a large cleave.

human is good at cleaving a bunch of enemies from far away with the potion, but i think most of the damage is done while in worgen form. go for the throat can be pretty great.

edit: whoops, didn't notice the last page

Maledict

Random tips from my games:

Cocktail build is life - for the first three talent tiers, upgrade the cocktail each time. It turns it from a niche, hard to use ability into one of the best ranged spells in the game.

Worgen form is, as others have said, for finishing people or bullying ranged dps in lanes. People don't anticipate exactly *how* hard you hit when you dive in, so you can trade with someone, then pop wolfheart, leap in and cripple them out of the lane.

Bear in mind your worgen swipe lets you go through people - that's why pro's often take the level 13 talent to extend its range. You can use it to escape out of fights as well as damage people, so bear that in mind. You can also use dive in the same way - if someone is body blocking you, dive into worgen form on them, then swipe through them and run away. Ofte you want to dive in, kill then get out - and that's where swipe can be really handy.

Obviously, only pop wolfheart when you know you'll be able to keep it up, or when you need the massive burst your cocktail provides when you take the level 16 upgrade. You don't need wolfheart active for killing lane minions, so don't waste it pointlessly as it has a very long cooldown.

Bear in mind that your heroic lets you go straight back into wolf form on someone after you disengage. You can fight, disengage out, then instantly go back in if an opportunity presents itself and people won't expect it at all. It was a trick used at the NA regionals this last weekend to great effect - people still don't fully grasp how he can go in so hard so fast.

Your heroic should be "Go For the throat", but don't obsess over getting the free activation. It's great and all, but if you need to use your heroic to catch up to someone then do so - don't save it and not get a kill at all.

Ultimately, play cautiously. He has no sustain at all, unlike every other assassin who goes into melee range, so make sure that when you go in, you are going to get at least a kill and preferably have support. Don't just dive because you can, and if you have to play the game almost always in ranged, then so be it. His ranged damage with the cocktail upgrades is actually surprisingly high - you're not weakening your team by spending most time in human form.

Celegus

Spot on with the greymane tips. Once you get a hang of the timing on him and start tearing a team apart instantaneously, he's one of the most exciting heroes in the game to play as. Those quad kills are just so delicious.

Maledict

Dread's gonna be casting at EU regionals.

That's...interesting. He really is the best NA caster by a mile - I also like Gilly and Zoia, but he brings an level of analysis to the game that's unrivalled. EU is lucky enough to have Grubby and Khaldor and it's great Dread is picking it up for NA. The fact he's being drafted into EU over other casters is exciting (although I do feel sorry for Gilly & Zoia).

(Whilst I know Khaldor's style sometimes irritates people, he is very good at the drafting and identifying where the draft is going, and analysis).

Alur

I love Khaldor. Even if he gets super hype. That doesn't bother me a bit.

So they are flying Dread out there? He's gonna become the new face of the game by the end of the year, eh? RIP Solidjake.

Alur

I honestly haven't heard him with a partner much. I'd say he probably does do better, much less to deal with and digest.

Not sure how accurate considering Lili and Gazlowe show up at one time picked but KT was picked just 1 time less than Li Ming according to the list.

Can it be that there were actually 78 games this weekend? Rehgar stat would suggest that.

scoobs

I like Khaldor but the guy says "already" before everything he says. "Cloud 9 already moving into position", "Fan already picking up Chain Bomb." Once you notice it, you can't unnotice it. I'm sorry to everyone for having now ruined his casting for you.

I also don't think he's great at duocasting, he tends to hog the mic, but we will see. I really appreciate all he does for the community in casting games, but he can be a bit much.

Celegus

It's like Dreads uhm, Jake and Gilly have their own as well.

Oh an Zoia has the same phrase he uses when someone goes down or is about to.
The one I noticed was dread saying Absolutely at the start of every sentence. Would make for a good drinking game, but yeah that's all I can hear now. He killed it overall though.

Interesting tidbit from the SL thread

We got outbid pretty big in the offseason. We had basically 3/5th's of COG lined up but COG came in at the end and could offer more than we could.
Good thing really, would have been a problem when this Maker thing reared it's head

Nightmare and Wiz are looking for other teams afaik, Wiz is battling Blizz on regional stuff where I am representing him to try and get him declared an NA player.

Don't know the role Wiz prefers but maybe COG should pick him up. Maybe it's the big impact heroes she plays and KT getting a massive nerf but Faye kinda felt like the weak link this tourney on COG. I'm fairly bad at evaluating tank players and their support(s) at times were also questionable.

We have offered Blizzard what I feel is a very reasonable solution. We have established there is top teams with international reach in NA that are interested in him IF he doesn't have to sit for 6 months in NA.
We offered:
A: Can't play Spring Season being it's mostly done anyways
B: Wiz would have to live in the region at the time of playing
C: Wiz would sign a form declaring him an NA player and would exclude himself from any and all Korean regional tournaments for all of 2016, only playing NA.
Seems like a fair deal right? He's already been playing 6 months in NA only as is, just no teams will pay him to sit on the bench for 6 more months.

brian!

K7EUuXM.png

Reddit has been very gratuitous today

COGFaye said:
there was no bm, glau got a bit over hyped after winning g1 and because its zuna/kenma (who are generally pretty loud players), then they returned it when they won. no one cared (esl didnt like the profanity but were fine with the shouting). there was no live audience the only interaction we could have as players was with each other.
the handshake was whatever. glaurung didn't care and we thought it was funny. maybe the perception is different on stream but the main thing is to keep in mind there's no audience for us, it's just the staff and the two teams playing on stage.

still looked silly
#doubling down

Considering the kind of traffic the incident attracted on reddit it would have almost been threadworthy, would have been nice to get a HoTS thread back onto Gaming

brian!

fuk she should have held onto that, now erho's going to delete his "actually FUCK GLAURUNG and here's why manifesto"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom