• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.
"And that'll be the death of
Town Hall Heroes." huehuehu see what I did there

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

Yeah that's it, time and again sometimes in succession. Dread did improve massively though, his first couple casts were at times difficult to listen though with the constant 'uhm's.

THH died when Schamtoo was wrongfully ditched.

What's he up to anyway? Haven't seen him on the scene in forever.

Last time he did something HoTS was the qualifiers for the crowdfunded tournament last fall. He got replaced by Zoia during and that's been it. Followed his twitch but in the last couple months there was only 1 SC2 stream that used the in game tournament tool.

I sincerely hope Xul is worth playing because right now it feels like there's an extremely limited pool of viable heroes to play as.

Edit:
Why isn't there backdoor protection in this game. It's not like there are many viable cheese strats but I was just playing a match where we lost a keep back in our base to Nydus Zag/Clone Aba super early in a match. That kind of thing should not be viable. Split-pushing should be but not global cheese that wrecks your base before the frontline fortifications have been even damaged.

Towers should provide shields for central structures and should need to be knocked down before the keep can be damaged. And if the frontline, tier 1 fortifications are still up, you shouldn't even be able to attack and damage t2 structures within the enemy base.

It's super easy to provide visual cues for this kind of stuff if Blizzard is somehow worried that backdoor protection would somehow be confusing to players that are new to MOBAs.

kirblar

If towers-> fort/keep (need one tower down to damage keep/fort, extras provide shielding till brought down) works like keep-> core (need 1 down, extras provide extra shieldimg) its really easy to teach players whats up intuitively.

Ketch

totally agree. game needed back door protection like a year ago. but instead they nerf the heroes who can do it.

li ming killing buildings behind walls from the fog at minute 1 is dumb

Alavard

Quite excited for Xul today, and also just plain happy that I can play again.

My gf and I have been having massive problems with our network connections. First our router was just plain dying, and then after I got a replacement, our wireless connections started getting too much latency to play HotS. Just way too much stuttering. And occasionally the wireless connection would just drop for no reason, even having 70-85% constant signal strength. And we tried everything - repositioning the router for all kinds of angles, changing to less cluttered channels, even changing to the 5 Ghz band.

Finally, we went with the nuclear option and strung a cable to run all the way through our apartment. Stutter all gone! Would have done it sooner if it weren't the fact that the office we play in is on the exact opposite end of the apartment from the modem, and had to order a cable long enough to make the trip. Just glad that we've got it working again.

Realizes Mortal Strike has been a problem for years in WoW and removes it

Decides to try it again in a game they desperately want to become relevant and attractive

GG Blizz

Hope Xul is fun

Srey scared of the WizGod

Sreyz said:
Why do you feel he should be able to play in NA?
Sreyz said:
Skill and popularity has nothing to do with playing in a different region though.

Self confidence...

Sreyz said:
Obviously I'm biased, but this is how I see it. This is also based on scrim results and feedback from teams.
Tier 1: Naventic, C9, Tempo
Tier 2: COG, Blaze
Tier 3: KoB, PG
Tier 4: Nom

And Gela trying to move regions

dw_gela said:
Have same kind of problem. As for me, I just wrote it to Blizz some days ago, I understand their rule, they r mb scared of korean teams playing in other regions and stuff, but why not allow 1-2 players from other regions playing i don't really get. And really sad for Wiz as well, hope Blizz will understand the situation and change rules to the next season.

Alavard

Realizes Mortal Strike has been a problem for years in WoW and removes it

Decides to try it again in a game they desperately want to become relevant and attractive

GG Blizz

Hope Xul is fun

To be fair, PVP has been problematic on many fronts in WoW, since the game was designed as PVE first and then got PVP tacked on. And this is evident in all the PVP-only things they had to add to try to keep any semblance of balance: diminishing returns on CC, resilience and other PVP-only stats, removal of mana drains, pvp trinkets, etc.

The situation is a little different in HotS.

Syf

Banned
But.. but.. but.. I wanted to sound smart!

On a side note, it's nice to get back to my favorite state of the game: when we have no idea what hero is coming next (we have heroes we know are in development, but don't know for sure I mean).
Malthael pls

Alavard

When's the movie coming out? We gotta get Garona around that time and maybe Varian.

I'm seeing June 10th. but that's also around the time Overwatch is expected to release, and Tracer probably comes out right before Overwatch just as Aratanis did with LotV.

The tie-in Hero from the movie could theoretically be Gul'dan, actually, since we know he's in development.

Alavard

Okay, so it's not like it really matters, given that Blizzard has proven with Xul (and before that with Greymane and Lunara) that not all the upcoming heroes have been datamined or hinted at, but I've put together a quick list of heroes we've had either confirmed coming at some point, hinted at in some form, or datamined in some form.

Confirmed:

Gul'dan (confirmed development)
Kel'Thuzad (in progress model shown long ago)
Tracer (confirmed, deluxe edition bonus for Overwatch, likely to come out just before game)

Zul'Jin/Vol'Jin (one or both shown in early pictures)
Mekkatorque (shown in flying machine in early pictures)
Deckard Cain (confirmed that he was in super early concept stages at one time)

Possibly hinted:

Mephisto (been in two spotlight trailers now)
Garona (daggers in that one picture)
Valeera (daggers in that one picture)

Datamined:

Arcturus Mengsk
Aggra
Azshara
Blademaster (Zamuro)
Brann
Cenarius
Deathwing
Garrosh
Grommash
Kiljaiden
Magni
Maiev
Moira
Regnaros
Sapper
Shandris
Varian
Vashj
Fenix
Overmind
Tosh
Dehaka
Valerian
Warfield
Belial
Cydaea
Ghom
Varimathras
Malthael (datamining may only have been for his steed, not sure)

I'm probably missing at least a few.

Ketch

When's the dang patch notes?

A couple opinions on wiz:

It would be cool if he could play in NA
Sounds like the standing rule would allow him to be eligible soon if not already.
Don't think that he's doing it for any other reason then personal gain
Trying to appeal for sympathy from the fans / blizz is kind of shady after you know what the rule is
The rule is in place to foster growth in every region. Imagine if cog went to play in SEA region. They would win every tournament and it wouldn't be fair to SEA players.
US recognizes esports as a legit reason for visas and stuff
If he really wants to play then he'll just wait it out

Maledict

When's the dang patch notes?

A couple opinions on wiz:

It would be cool if he could play in NA
Sounds like the standing rule would allow him to be eligible soon if not already.
Don't think that he's doing it for any other reason then personal gain
Trying to appeal for sympathy from the fans / blizz is kind of shady after you know what the rule is
The rule is in place to foster growth in every region. Imagine if cog went to play in SEA region. They would win every tournament and it wouldn't be fair to SEA players.
US recognizes esports as a legit reason for visas and stuff
If he really wants to play then he'll just wait it out

I thought the patch notes were just going to be the changes they revealed earlier - with EU regionals this weekend, I don't think we'll see anything else.

Alur

Isn't the issue simply the fact that he doesn't actually live here? If SL had moved him over here, yeah, he'd be eligible for the summer qualifiers now but they didn't move him so he hasn't gained his 6 months of NA residency.

Since he's not here his timer has not even started yet and I think that's what his main problem/issue is. A team won't pay him or help him move because he's forced to sit out the whole season due to the 6 month delay.

There's no real reason for anyone to sign him because of the way the rules are structured. They'd just be paying him to sit on the bench and play Hero League for this entire year of tournaments.

Ketch

Oh I thought he was saying he's lived in na since last August

I strongly believe you need to live in the region

brian!

If they do have a lan client now they dont have to bother with that, like itd be pretty wack if eu had to play on a new patch week of, again

Milly79

GENERAL

The Lunar event festival has ended. The Elder Monkey thanks you!

SHOP

Bundles

The following bundles have been removed from the in-game shop:
  • Lunar Festival 2016 bundle
  • Love is in the Air 2015 bundle
  • Love Doctor Morales bundle

Price Reductions

Thrall's gold price has been reduced from 10,000 gold to 7,000 gold.

HEROES

Assassin:

Nova
Snipe (Q)

Damage increased from 295 (+4% per level) to 310 (+4% per level)
Snipe Master (Talent)
Damage bonus per stack increased from 12% to 15%. This effect can still stack up to 5 times

Developer Comment: We are continuing to tune Snipe Master to make it a more attractive choice, assuming you are consistently landing your Snipes.

Illidan
Talents: Season Marksman

You will now gain 1 stack of Seasoned Marksman per 3 minion kills or 1 hero kill, down from 6 total.

We wanted to make Seasoned Marksman a thing on Illidan, and we figured this was the easiest route.

Support:

Rehgar
Lightning Shield (W)

Electric Charge (Talent)
Bonus to Lightning Shield radius decreased from 33% to 25%
Stormcaller (Talent)
No longer increases Lightning Shield duration
Earthshield (Talent)
Shield amount reduced from 15% to 12% of the target’s maximum Health

Ancestral Healing (R)

Cooldown increased from 80 to 100 seconds

Bloodlust (R)

Mana cost reduced from 125 to 75

Developer Comment: The initial round of Rehgar nerfs weren’t quite enough to bring his winrate down to a level that we think is healthy. We like that his base kit feels powerful, so we are aiming to reduce the synergy between his Lightning Shield Talents. We are also increasing Ancestral Healing’s cooldown to better reflect the healing power it brings to a teamfight. The Bloodlust Mana change is simply a quality of life improvement. Overall, we enjoy how Rehgar plays right now, and are excited to see him bring other Heroes, such as Illidan, back into prominence. With that in mind, we’re aiming to cautiously nerf Rehgar over time as we bring this Shaman in line with other Healers.

Alur

ROFL wow

Also, no Xul or patch yet. Guess we're waiting til the shop updates eh?

I strongly believe you need to live in the region

I agree with you. I guess the other part to their complaint that wasn't well explained is that rule didn't exist until Blizzard announced how this season (the 3 qualifier > regional > world championships) would play out, so they had no way to know that he'd be barred from playing and it locked him out of moving or find a spot.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I thought the patch notes were just going to be the changes they revealed earlier - with EU regionals this weekend, I don't think we'll see anything else.

Only thing new seems to be Illidan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom