• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solo-queue Greymane is going to drag down his overall winrate and probably isn't a good indication of how valid or well-designed the hero is. He's incredibly strong with a pocket healer and stun support but has no sustain and can just melt without either.

Alur

Solo-queue Greymane is going to drag down his overall winrate and probably isn't a good indication of how valid or well-designed the hero is. He's incredibly strong with a pocket healer and stun support but has no sustain and can just melt without either.

Pretty much this. I think he's pretty dece, but without support (or if played in QM) he's gonna have a lot of up and down moments.

brian!

Winrate doesnt indicate failed design

He seems pretty booty, itd be cool if you could get the cc reduction sooner

^meant current winrate, outliers notwithstanding ofc

Zuna updated his tierlist looks super fancy w/ stock market symbols and stuff

Ketch

Finally got through heroes rising finals. I think might actually be anti c9 now. Fan shit all over arthelon that series and I think c9 are douche bags for dropping him. Fan must feel great I would just flip em all the bird instead of handshakes if I was him.

brian!

I think he wanted to get out once they started losing, like prior to losing it seemed like he already had problems with their playstyle and stuff, hard to ever know tho

Alur

The play style of Rob Boss seems to fit him perfectly.

And I never thought Arthelon was better than Fan, so they win that trade outright. At best he's equal on some heroes but far more limited in his choices.

Remove toxicity + better player = total upgrade.

The biggest take away from BRFC recently and SEL is that McIntyre completely learned his lesson. He gave up the melee hero crutch/fixation and now he can slot in anywhere for his team. Makes him that much more valuable as a player.

brian!

His tassadar is great and im not just saying that because tassadar is the best hero in all patches past and future

I do like zuna on sonya better, watching his sonya while he was on ts was the first time i thought to myself wow sonya is a tank

Alur

Yeah. I feel like with Mc's new versatility (or at least newly shown in competitive) that you can easily say they have two of the best players in the world on BRFC.

Three depending on your thoughts on Zuna. I also think Erho has always been really good.

I dunno that they'll always top C9, but C9 is also the most inconsistent "great" team and always has been.

They are in a great spot going into this new Blizz setup.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
a minute into a game yesterday and some loser greymane started calling me bad. the reason being i placed one flamestrike in the wrong place and the rest of the game was him blaming me for us losing lol

also where the hell are the new hero announcements ugh

brian!

erho and kenma are the iunno players on bross for me, but both aren't afraid which is big
I dunno about in the world, still seems korea is leagues above na atm

Milly79

You'd fit right in amirite.

wowreaction.gif

nmazqc.gif

patchday

Hm, I wonder what kind of buff will it take to get Lunara a little higher tier?

Does anyone think she's fine in her current state? Anyone getting any good win rate with her?

I'm asking because I sincerely like Lunara. I got her to rank 7 almost soon as she released.

Milly79

Learned from the best...

Hm, I wonder what kind of buff will it take to get Lunara a little higher tier?

Does anyone think she's fine in her current state? Anyone getting any good win rate with her?

I'm asking because I sincerely like Lunara. I got her to rank 7 almost soon as she released.

She's booty.

Alur

I think her poison needs something else. She does a ton of damage but it's generally useless. It has no oomph whatsoever which makes her incompatible with this meta...well that and her HP.

Milly79

I think her poison needs something else. She
does a ton of damage but it's generally useless. It has no oomph whatsoever which makes her incompatible with this meta...well that and her HP.

It'd be sweet if it stacked a bit extra damage on depending on how many stacks you had on.

For Lunara I think they need to add a speed increase to the DoT tied to the number of stacks. So it's not necessarily burst damage but you can speed up the DoT with a concentrated attack.

The stutter step will be a huge improvement though.

If you spec into the slow there's the oomph imo.

Yeah, she has talents for increase damage and increased attack speed to slowed targets.

Alur

If you spec into the slow there's the oomph imo.

I disagree with that. Sure, there are talents there, but they amount to jack all in actual discernible oomph. You get more slows or more AA throughout the tree, but the actual poison really never does more than sit on the health bar. If you can't AA enough to compensate you are useless.

That's part of what they were discussing with her recently on THH IIRC (or it may have been one of the other pods, can't remember).

The W doesn't really do anything like you would expect it to...it should be the abililty increasing damage with stacks or what have you, but instead it's impact is pretty damn negligible - not because it's bad but because the poison itself is so lackluster otherwise. Big woop, I slowed em. Now what? Still can't kill em before I get my dick pushed in.

When you pop W it should do something bigger with talents besides more slow or helping your AA. It should be talent-able for damage because it's the perfect detonator for a stacking debuff.

YMMV, but that's where I think she needs the help. Fixing her stutter and health is nice. Not sure it's gonna be enough to make her damage viable, though. Maybe if the stun meta gets rekt the whole argument becomes moot because she can get into fights and back out like she was designed to do...right now, she's just a backline shit-thrower who throws shit that sticks but barely stinks.

Ketch

I think the thing that really set brfc above the rest for me this tournament was the drafts. They're meta game was seriously next level. Like most teams have pocket picks but they still play standard. Brfc gets morales and goes full commitment on all of their heroes taking advantage of the atk speed from stil drone and that's just one example. Can thInk of right now

I disagree with that. Sure, there are talents there, but they amount to jack all in actual discernible oomph. You get more slows or more AA throughout the tree, but the actual poison really never does more than sit on the health bar. If you can't AA enough to compensate you are useless.

That's part of what they were discussing with her recently on THH IIRC (or it may have been one of the other pods, can't remember).

The W doesn't really do anything like you would expect it to...it should be the abililty increasing damage with stacks or what have you, but instead it's impact is pretty damn negligible - not because it's bad but because the poison itself is so lackluster otherwise. Big woop, I slowed em. Now what? Still can't kill em before I get my dick pushed in.

When you pop W it should do something bigger with talents besides more slow or helping your AA. It should be talent-able for damage because it's the perfect detonator for a stacking debuff.

YMMV, but that's where I think she needs the help. Fixing her stutter and health is nice. Not sure it's gonna be enough to make her damage viable, though. Maybe if the stun meta gets rekt the whole argument becomes moot because she can get into fights and back out like she was designed to do...right now, she's just a backline shit-thrower who throws shit that sticks but barely stinks.

I'm not saying she's fine the way she is, she's not, but if you skill into her slow on W it's very impactful and oomph inducing, more often than not her slow can be groupwide and massive. Like Jaina not having to flank yet still landing the perfect E.

I fought a Raynor named Nirolak the other day, I wonder who he was

Man, so many toxic chiefs in QM lately. I guess the last 50 people playing this are going to be very unpleasant. Nothing better than getting told to use my brain by a Butcher who sat trying to take knights twice (at level 5ish) while he was needed at top on Dragon Shire. Or the Abathur who tells me to stand still and "bloody fight" with Kerrigan when I knew exactly what I was doing stretching someone out between me and Brightwing, someone who proceeds to die just as planned with me and Brightwing doing just fine... oh, and did I mention we were 4 levels ahead at this point? Special place in hell for people who bitch while winning

So what the hell is ARAM anyway, All Random Ass Mans?

I fought a Raynor named Nirolak the other day, I wonder who he was

Man, so many toxic chiefs in QM lately. I guess the last 50 people playing this are going to be very unpleasant. Nothing better than getting told to use my brain by a Butcher who sat trying to take knights twice while he was needed at top on Dragon Shire. Or the Abathur who tells me to stand still and "bloody fight" with Kerrigan when I knew exactly what I was doing stretching someone out between me and Brightwing, someone who proceeds to die just as planned with me and Brightwing doing just fine... oh, and did I mention we were 4 levels ahead at this point? Special place in hell for people who bitch while winning

So what the hell is ARAM anyway, All Random Ass Mans?

All Random All Mid

Alavard

So, Space Leoric skin/bundle should be going live today (unless the date changed). Wonder if we're getting anything else today to go along with it. I'm hopeful for a hero reveal.

brian!

Sucks that the community has gone from caff = best warrior player world -> lol he only plays two heroes, esp since he comes off as one of the more sensitive ppl in the scene, hopefully he can shrug off the salt

Alur

c9 eliminated from Gold League.

2016 has started off well for them. :(

jj8c8ls.gif

Sucks that the community has gone from caff = best warrior player world -> lol he only plays two heroes, esp since he comes off as one of the more sensitive ppl in the scene, hopefully he can shrug off the salt

It's kind of warranted criticism IMO. He's not unlike McIntyre (previously), Fan (previously), Glaurung, Blackscorp, etc...

Gotta expand those horizons or you fuck your team. Fan and McIntyre have done so...Fan especially. He needs to as well.

brian!

I cant see whats really going on but heroes rising at least seemed to indicate teamwide issues to me, like in the past they were always characterized as a solid team w/ shotcalling issues and it kind of looks like that's cropping back up + just communication in general seems to be suffering

I think taking muradin from caff is a good strat but i dont think itd be difficult for him to play other heroes

There was a pretty decent breakdown of a dshire fight between bross and c9 on reddit yesterday where the main takeaway i got was that bross was able to just wait for c9 to make a bad move and punish them (a lot of great stuff by bross too like kenma shielding etc before a really good w by caff and zuna + someone else fog dodging johanna ult)

Alavard

Blizz teasing what looks like two new heroes on twitter. Just playing a quick sound clip.

A female voice first says "You want me to show off?" with a little chuckle, and then presumably a male voice does some sort of battle yell into a laugh. The female voice might be... Valeera? I want to say the male voice sounds like Kel'Thuzad, but it's not deep enough and has no echo/fade effects.

Edit - Li Ming, the Diablo 3 wizard is also possible for that female voice. Now that I think about it, that line of dialogue suits the Wizard personality perfectly.

Alavard

A couple people on Reddit/Facebook/Twitter have pointed out that the second voice might not be male, but could be a female orc. After playing one for years in WoW, I'm now a little inclined to agree. That being the case, it could be Garona.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom