• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirblar

From what I understand, you hardly even play the game. So... I'm having a real hard time understanding why you care what happens.
I'm treading water w/ the game (dailies only) because the game's in a state where it's incomplete and not enjoyable for me to try and take remotely seriously, even though I like the gameplay and would like to play more.
Bros. Real Talk. I bet we dont see the new HL season / legend rank or arena mode until at least blizzcon maybe later.
Dustin Browder ‏@DustinBrowder 38m38 minutes ago

I don't think I can make it that long. Can we do it sooner please?

@ToRecallE
@DustinBrowder This system will be release at least on December 2016, just like they did with the 1st MMS real upgrade.
Sounds like it's closer.

Syf

Banned
And I really don't get what would take so long for Arena mode. The build I played at the convention last year already seemed really good, and people were loving it. Consistently had a massive line second only to Overwatch.

Alur

And I really don't get what would take so long for Arena mode. The build I played at the convention last year already seemed really good, and people were loving it. Consistently had a massive line second only to Overwatch.

Blizzard. That's what. Every new feature or game has to go through 87 iterations before we get it.

Alavard

Unless Hotslogs is not reporting correctly, Xul's winrate has only gone down like .5% in the one day since his nerfs. Crazy.

Alur

Diploma Chen. I like that. He's used that same avatar (sans C9 logo) in HOTS since he got it. He loves education.

And so, the Euro roster swapping continues. At some point these teams are just going to have to realise there's no magic combination of players, and they need to stick with each other for longer and really gel rather than keep swapping in the hope something works.

That is to be expected now, the EU roster swaps are bit too overblown. We went from a complete lull of tournaments where you can find your team to having to have your team ready for a Blizzard sanctioned event within 2 weeks so many teams were pretty much stitched together with what they could find.

Liquid also had an awful performance at the tournament. Crozzby also got dropped from NaVi, funny that his former team made it to Korea w/o him.

Also interestingly Snitch was at the time completely cut from Dignitas when they tried him out again and immediately signed him after they evaluated him.

Now where do you look up how much you spent altogether on hots, do you just add it up?

kirblar

I think the game's going to be huge eventually

How quickly that happens? Completely on Blizzard getting their stuff together here.

Skab

I was having a conversation with a friend when an idea came up.

What if they switched Kerrigan's Ultralisk heroic and Zagara's Nydus heroic?

Tweak the ultralisk one to be good for pushing, and Zagara has a team fight choice and a split push choice. Meanwhile Kerrigan becomes an assassin with map control.

kirblar

I was having a conversation with a friend when an idea came up.

What if they switched Kerrigan's Ultralisk heroic and Zagara's Nydus heroic?

Tweak the ultralisk one to be good for pushing, and Zagara has a team fight choice and a split push choice. Meanwhile Kerrigan becomes an assassin with map control.
Zagara originally had Ultralisk while Kerrigan had Maw. They flipped them - giving Kerrigan Maw was kiiiiinda silly.

Nydus is fine on Zagara, the problem is that it's only fine in solo queue. That's why they're giving her a third one.

Ketch

Yes pls.

Again, the philosophy of their balance just doesn't make sense.

Nerf nova because she eliminates people instantly with little warning..... Nerf KT because he he does to much damage to the whole enemy team and is like 100% ban/pick.

But li Ming is somehow fine?

Milly79

That orb does way too much fucking damage when it connects.

The missiles are fine, because they're not that easy to hit all 3 with consistently.

Teleport build is the new hotness. It has way too short of a CD, you can spec into it proccing, you can spec into it doing damage. Like, what? And then when you think you have her dead, well GG there's another teleport out.

I don't know what the hell has changed my mind on it, but it's outrageous now. KT's CBs feel like a tickle compared to the shit she can pull off.

KT's WR was in the same area as Li-Ming's. She can stand to have more nerfs. You hardly see the other mages at all in QM/HL now.

This really takes the cake as being the most AIDS thing in the game, IMO.

Really? I don't think she's that difficult to play around. Teleport build has been the new hotness since the first round of nerfs and I still don't get it. I tried it but to me it really only seems good to redundantly confirm kills or trade with sticky heroes.

Also people are starting to wisen up to Orb either have the tank pop it early or move around it altogether.

Yes pls.

Again, the philosophy of their balance just doesn't make sense.

Nerf nova because she eliminates people instantly with little warning..... Nerf KT because he he does to much damage to the whole enemy team and is like 100% ban/pick.

But li Ming is somehow fine?

Well, if a 50% winrate is one of their key metrics for a balanced hero, Li-Ming is hitting that criteria.

Really? I don't think she's that difficult to play around. Teleport build has been the new hotness since the first round of nerfs and I still don't get it. I tried it but to me it really only seems good to redundantly confirm kills or trade with sticky heroes.

Also people are starting to wisen up to Orb either have the tank pop it early or move around it altogether.

If Arcane Orb is clearly telegraphed, it's easier to dodge or mitigate the damage by popping it early (if you can afford to health-wise). You can also zone a Li-Ming from safely trying to use AO to wave clear and force her to sit further back, forcing her to spend a bit more mana. The problem is she can attack from the fog, the ability isn't telegraphed like Flamestrike or Blizzard and AO has too much AoE too early in the game.

I'm treading water w/ the game (dailies only) because the game's in a state where it's incomplete and not enjoyable for me to try and take remotely seriously, even though I like the gameplay and would like to play more.

I hate to admit it, but this is me. I login five mornings a week around 6 AM, queue up some Beginner AI games, knock out my quests, and log out. I was playing solidly from late 2014 through late 2015, but the last month or two has been a lot slower for me. Not sure if I lost interest or what, but I find myself either playing other games during time I'd otherwise be playing HOTS.

I need to get back into just playing heavy Abathur again. I think the most fun I ever had with HOTS was when I was constantly playing HOTS in every game.

Alur

I'm on doing Murky QMs all night while drunk.

Streaming on Twitch. https://www.twitch.tv/ronabo

Doing the lords work! If I hadn't been out I would've tuned in for the cheers and tears and teammate salt.

You have people smartly popping orb in your games? I rarely see that in mine. I see people walk around it often enough, but rarely does anyone strategically burst it.

As for not being hard to play around...I was fully in that camp too. I believe Milly was too FWIW. At the time, however, we were playing Rehgar, Li-Ming, Xul, Muradin, etc. Aren't you often playing Li-Ming yourself? It definitely colored my perception until I started playing other non-OP heroes against her.

Now that Rehgar got bodied (whose OP dive build was her direct counter whether intentional or not) and neither of us is leveling Xul or Li-Ming it's been much different. The poke and the range of it is brutal for anyone who can't self sustain or isn't high mobility. The resets are beyond stupid at times, with one kill turning into 3-5 before whoever is on the other end of it can even react.

She's both the most mobile and most deadly hero IMO. That doesn't make a lot of sense. The reset or the damage need to be tweaked again, whether that's putting an internal cool down on the number of instant resets or what have you. I don't know. I just know she feels pretty toxic to play against when you aren't playing a very strong or mobile hero. And there just isn't a huge list of very strong heroes for playing in QM/HL.

Well, if a 50% winrate is one of their key metrics for a balanced hero, Li-Ming is hitting that criteria.

Well FWIW Kael'thas hovered at ~50% forever and they still Sweet Chin Music'd his face eventually. I feel they'll do the same with her but it'll probably be a bit before we see that. KT lingered for ages.

I'm not sure where she slots in on the most toxic ever to play against, but she reminds an awful lot of how dumb Murky was on his release in Alpha when you had to spend the whole game watching out for and being afraid of one hero.

Milly79

KT peaked at 55%, Li-Ming 61% on release.

KT was NO WHERE near as toxic to play against, no matter if you're in the IGNITE OP or CB OP camp.

I seriously cannot believe the public outcry against her is not as loud as some of the minor shit I've seen claimed OP multiple times.

Alur

Pretty underwhelming in dev video.

Dehaka base and master are ugly (it's more the colors they are forced to go with than the design, for me). The Mecha skin is ok but I'm not a huge fan. The abilities look pretty cool though.

Lili skin would be amazing if it didn't have her creepy face so prominent on it below that headband. I do dig the Artanis skin.

Surprised they didn't show a single mount or noble garden related piece.

brian!

Im ok w/ her dmg, they should prob accentuate her weaknesses more (less health, longer cd on e) and reduce range on disintegrate and missles. Her oppressiveness to me has more to do w/ how much shes allowed to get away with + her being pretty easy to play, itd be cool if her counters countered her a little harder but itd be hard to balance since shes already kinda getting blown up by those. Id like it if she had to be more careful w/ her mana but it's also w/e to me

Syf

Banned
love that new li li skin. don't know why they make dehaka hunch over so much but he looks fun, will buy mech skin. I'm a sucker for mech skins

Alur

Her oppressiveness to me has more to do w/ how much shes allowed to get away with + her being pretty easy to play

I think that's a good summarization. It's not particularly hard to be a beast on her despite her being billed as a hero that would reward skill. She does do that, to some degree, but she also rewards just about any skill at all really provided you have a pulse. It's too easy for her to do her damage compared to her mage (and most other range) counterparts and the ability to snowball so hard makes it even worse.

The resets are beyond stupid at times, with one kill turning into 3-5 before whoever is on the other end of it can even react.

I think looking at her trait is the first step to addressing Li-Ming. Mere proximity to a hero's death in a teamfight should not be enough to trigger her trait (and Dominance). If she secures a kill, that's a reset, if she assists in a kill it should only reduce CD's by 50% (which would still be nuts), proximity should net her nothing.

KT peaked at 55%, Li-Ming 61% on release.

KT was NO WHERE near as toxic to play against, no matter if you're in the IGNITE OP or CB OP camp.

I seriously cannot believe the public outcry against her is not as loud as some of the minor shit I've seen claimed OP multiple times.

Even at his most broken, KT took levels and time in a match for Chain Bomb or Ignite to become an issue. Li-Ming is melting tier 1 buildings from match start. She's doing more damage than siege heroes can and more safely at that.

Alur

I think looking at her trait is the first step to addressing Li-Ming. Mere proximity to a hero's death in a teamfight should not be enough to trigger her trait (and Dominance). If she secures a kill, that's a reset, if she assists in a kill it should only reduce CD's by 50% (which would still be nuts), proximity should net her nothing.

That sounds good. Better, at any rate. I do believe the proximity kills should be nixed for sure. That part is silly.

Ketch

I think the reset would be more in check if disintegrate's range wasnt so long

Or if her CDs weren't so ridiculously short to begin with.

The thing that puts her over the top for me is teleport CD. Because at least you could say that all you gotta do is get next to her and she dies.... Except she can blink every 3 fucking seconds. So even if you can catch her, you have to catch her 2 or maybe 3 times.

brian!

Yeah, im ok w/ q cd but an e cd nerf would help accentuate her as a hero

Tbh i dont think another round of q/w is a big deal and i like that shes da popoff king, i just dont like that shes tagging ppl that should be out of range w/ her ult after a reset

Maledict

That's an improvement.

Also, Blades of Azzinoth in screenshot...

Yep - new icons for his abilities, and I presume a new trait. Not sure how Blades will replace "Betrayer's thirst" but that's got to be what it is. Can't imagine it's just a name change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom