• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maledict

Only because of Mosh Pit.

Nah, his overall kit is extremely strong. Mosh Pit is the cherry on the cake, and really good - but powerslide and face melt are also superb tank abilities.

He even has a bit of talent diversity, so I'd honestly say he's one of the lowest prioirty characters for them to be looking at right now.

kirblar

Tyrael needs a rework, it's fine if he's positioned as a beefier melee support but then at least give him some talents supporting that style of play.
There was a really good analysis of Tyrael posted up on Reddit yesterday explaining the issue players have with understanding his kit, and how about half of his talents make absolutely no fucking sense whatsoever given that he's not a damage dealer whatsoever.

There was a really good analysis of Tyrael posted up on Reddit yesterday explaining the issue players have with understanding his kit, and how about half of his talents make absolutely no fucking sense whatsoever given that he's not a damage dealer whatsoever.

I disagreed with it because barely casting his abilities isn't particularly fun but the correct way to play him for the most part. Not talking about spamming.

He has BM yet not a single mana reduction nor mana regen talent. There are few heroes so satisfying to play and he's fairly skill intensive but until 16 or w/o mosh wombo he's barely impactful.

Alur

Fan took a smurf to the highest hotdoggies MMR playing only Zera and it's one of his signature heroes otherwise. Could've been with Zuna or another I suppose (assuming we're talking about NA), some would disagree on who is best.

Ketch

Built in ice block and self heals. Seems pretty damn good. Drag seems pretty damn nuts as a basic ability. What are the ways to increase move speed ? Like drag + bloodlust to pull somebody way out of position. Drag + mighty gust.

Stuff like that.

Typically drag style abilities are ultimate abilities in MOBAs.

Hook + drag. GG

brian!

Yeah it has the potential to be op tho maybe it being a skillshot and not hero only helps that + his kit looks prtty underwhelming w/o numbers or talents

Ketch

Hmm I always thought that space Leo and star mi ling were in with the super Sonya/gazlowe thing.

I think Dhaka stitches will be good.
Imagine Dhaka drag plus stitches helping hand.

And if they both have the potential to be beefy.

Could be good.

Or freaking drag plus basically anything. Looks op. Wonder what the cd will be? Standard 13s? Or more?

The closest Dota equivalent (Flaming Lasso on Batrider) is an ultimate, so it's interesting that Blizz has put it as a base ability. I assume the victim can still cast abilities while being dragged unlike Flaming Lasso.

Alur

Haven't seen anything regarding it. Sure it wasn't cleanse or something else, or possibly outside the outer ring?

brian!

The closest Dota equivalent (Flaming Lasso on Batrider) is an ultimate, so it's interesting that Blizz has put it as a base ability. I assume the victim can still cast abilities while being dragged unlike Flaming Lasso.

It being a skillshot and able to hit minions should lessen it's power. Theoretically tho, depends on how fast it comes out, cd, talents etc. Skarner in league has it as an ult too (but his kit makes a lot more sense for it than this guy, same with buttrider)

I don't understand why Blizzard wanted to bring Rehgar back into play by doing that nice rework and giving him some needed buffs, then immediately nerf him substantially over the next few patches.

What was the point? Really, his lightning shield nerf was the only thing that needed to happen. Nothing else was overtly powerful in his kit imo.

Maledict

I don't understand why Blizzard wanted to bring Rehgar back into play by doing that nice rework and giving him some needed buffs, then immediately nerf him substantially over the next few patches.

What was the point? Really, his lightning shield nerf was the only thing that needed to happen. Nothing else was overtly powerful in his kit imo.

Whilst I don't agree with the new nerf, he needed more than just the lightning shield. He had a ridiculously high win rate - higher than any hero in memory (including broken stitches. Higher than li-Ming and Kael on release in their broken states. Heck, higher than Li-Li when her spends were bugged and she could tank walls with them.

He was ridiculously overpowered, and needed tuning down in several areas. New kit is fantastic, but the numbers were just too good.

kirblar

The issue is that he's a Main Healer- to maintain that level of DPS he'd need to be positioned as a Ty/Tass, which doesn't work w/ AH/Lust, both of which you don't want in a DPS slot.

Alur

I think it's safe to say Cooby and Jake have heard the similarity comparisons, and Cooby had limited availability anyway.

The Dunktrain move feels like it was probably in the making for a while and is intended to counter Dread. Dunk vs Dread forever, apparently.

Bkb is interesting. He's kind of pseudo Zoia with the hottakes, but he does have the very lethargic speech Familie referred to - almost Southern-like. He's fun and people dig him, but he is a bit hard to understand on podcasts.

Seems interesting though. And damn, Jake is ruthless bois.

Man, they really want me to never play Rehgar again I guess

Their reworks are such predictable debacles there really should just be a drinking game at this point

Zackat

So the not being able to self cast AH was as bad as it seemed? He is basically back to what he was before all the changes? Back line healbot.

2 for 2 for the night. That last game hurt, we completely threw that. Our Muradin was for lack of a better word in my saltiness retardedreally dumb, I never flamed in chat though. We had 38 skeletons when our team lost a fight despite being 2 lvls up, Muradin refused to go in and take the last 2, I try with Li Ming from range but get zoned and only get 1 skeleton. Our chance blown yet then Muradin decides to go in still loses immortal and dies. It's like he wondered how he could make the situation even worse and did just that.

Before they ended I also made a complete blunder though. Messed up my combo and didn't blink out of the root.

Li Ming at 11 now.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Dehaka...was that the primal zerg from Heart of the Swarm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom