• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milly79

did c9 get wrekked

LOL-GIF_1.gif

brian!

yeah the stream was called ets finals so i got confused

they picked malf as a xul counter by khaldor is all ??
whoa he got the skellingtons
respect gfe for going for it at the end there

holy fuck nvt played awful this series

Milly79

Naventic is done. Pack it up. Inb4 the disband.

Somewhat joking, but Blaze just rekt 'em. That comp was pretty AIDS.

Mac is probably losing his shit atm.

brian!

i thought they were out, but there's a loser's bracket
they played soooo bad, I feel like they took a 2 week vacation or something

Milly79

Still an awful showing for them. That comp from Blaze was pure fuckery. I loved watching all the sustain and slows going around. They couldn't do shit haha.

Milly79

Zuna still playing macs heroes or what?

It was:
Sonya (Zuna)
Mac (greymane)
Fan (zera)
Mura and khara

Vs:
Bw, stitches, Falstad, thrall and rehgar.

Slam slow, totem slow, bile, gust, sundering, wind.

Not sure if Mac misclicked or trolled/didn't care, but I thought it was odd he took the W restores mana talent on Grey.

Misclicked Nydus on Shrines but it worked out anyway. Porting between top/bot/fountain made sure they had no buildings up.

Still too scared to play HL. I feel like I don't have the good heroes to compete in it. Mostly cause I have no assassins since they cost the most =x

Celegus

Misclicked Nydus on Shrines but it worked out anyway. Porting between top/bot/fountain made sure they had no buildings up.

Still too scared to play HL. I feel like I don't have the good heroes to compete in it. Mostly cause I have no assassins since they cost the most =x

Valla and Raynor fit well enough into most any group and only cost 2k.

Streaming again. Tell me if it's working okay?

https://www.twitch.tv/ronabo
Watch me play Heroes of the Storm

Featuring special guest meeeee! Dat Towers of Doom though.

Maledict

I'm really confused now. A post has gone up on Reddit announcing the Euro *summer* regional qualifiers are to be held every week starting next week.

Isn't that incredibly early? When is the summer regional exactly? How can it be a summer event if the qualifiers are being held at the beginning of spring?

Edit: yep, I'm not going mad. The pros are rioting because they is all dropped last night without any warning, and it means that Dig and Myinsansity will only get one chance to qualify as they will be in Korea for the first two qualifiers. It's utterly insane garbage, and Blizzard needs to step in *now* and fix this. This is going to significantly harm the euro scene.

Edit2: correction, this could well kill the euro scene. No-one is prepared for this - Navi are still a 4 player squad, TL are in try outs. The winners of the last regional won't even be there to compete until the final event. There isn't enough time to prep or boot camp (teams have only just resumed scrim practice and the first event is in 4 days). Plus it creates a gigantic hole in the tourney scene calendar where EU won't have any events for over 3 months over summer.

Seriously, if you wanted to kill a region you couldn't do it better than this. WTF is going in that Blizzard is allowing ESL to do this?

Maledict

Yep. As someone who does follow HoTs e-sports this news is just... Depressing as hell. It clearly shows that Blizzard don't give a flying fuck about Europe, or the game itself as an e-sport. I'm not joking when I say this is going to significantly harm the EU scene - I'm certainly not interested in watching this fiasco. No team will be at their best, no-ones prepared, and it's still SPRING!

Utter madness, and a horrible way to see a game fail. Why spend all that money on prizes to then so royally fuck it up like this?

It's actually ludicrous considering we know from to us available sources, limited as they are, that Europe has by far the biggest population in the game.

Does ESL know that Easter is the most important festivity in orthodox concessions? Which there are a couple in europe. They are basically holding a tournament on christmas.

Zackat

Hasn't there been problems with the European tournaments before? Has it been the same guys doing the tournaments? Why isn't Blizzard running these tournaments themselves with all these eSport things they have been buying up anyway. And if Blizzard IS running these, then that is even worse.

What a shame that is putting it on them that they have to be ready to go in a week. The EU scene is kind of in disarray at the moment too with all the roster turnover. Hopefully things can get sorted.

Maledict

Yep, the euro poor scene has been a crap show for the last year. I've been moaning about it for ages, but ultimately the fact is Blizzard doesn't give a toss if it's outside of NA. More effort has been put into Heroes of the fucking Dorm, a competition that means less than jack shit for people outside of NA, than trying to make HoTs largest single scene actually playable for teams.

I'm not sure why it still surprises me when Blizzard dicks over EU like this, but it does. The fact that we still don't get patched on the same day is frankly ridiculous.

Maledict

State of the Nexus is everything that Townhall Heroes wanted to be. The difference in quality is astounding. Really interesting discussion on the patches and heroes, actual insights into design and how pros see things, the meta and everything.

Plus it's not full of random shit where they talk about garbage memes that don't mean anything to anyone for 10minutes.

Ketch

Are those out on iTunes?

Much like tempo storm seems jake will soon learn that he ain't really that great once the real players enter the scene.

Celegus

OGN SUPER LEAGUE FINALS at 1 AM!!!!! :D https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/4b54j8/super_league_2016_s1_grand_final_mvp_black_vs_tnl/

Man, between Final Round and this, this weekend is fantastic!

Best of 7 at 1am? That's way past my bedtime. Did enjoy Blaze shutting down Naventic earlier though! And at the end of day 1, my dorm bracket is at 210 points. Guess it could be worse but ain't looking good for that azmodunk.

Just played a QM with 4 assassins and a support on each side. Naturally our Kharazim went full on damage build (we won, but boy was it ridiculous).

Syf

Banned
nice that's only 11pm in my time zone, used to having to stay up til like 3:00 if I want to catch korean stuff

Concept17

Best of 7 at 1am? That's way past my bedtime. Did enjoy Blaze shutting down Naventic earlier though! And at the end of day 1, my dorm bracket is at 210 points. Guess it could be worse but ain't looking good for that azmodunk.

Just played a QM with 4 assassins and a support on each side. Naturally our Kharazim went full on damage build (we won, but boy was it ridiculous).

That's also my experience the majority of the time in QM. Nothing but assassins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom