• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've found the secret to enjoying this game once again, playing nothing but Abathur in QM outside of my dailies. Win or lose Abathur is one of the few heroes I feel like I can have individual success with. I know it's not fun for some of the teams I get matched into because of hero comp but hey, that's QM for you.

This is the most common build I've been using:
Envenomed Nest
Prolific Dispersal
Vile Nest
Whichever ult seems appropriate for the match, I favour Monstrosity.
Bombard Strain
Locust Brood
Locust Nest

The global nest talent can make moving around the map faster and easier but I love having giant mine traps. Especially once the map opens up late-game and you're using Locust Nest to apply pressure in more than one lane and trick people into your mine traps as they hunt for you.

Alur

Seems like bakery raised a bit of a stink with admitting to playing bad in scrims.

Sounds like Bakery is channeling his inner Dunktrain post Blizzcon with the mind games. I think it's kinda funny and don't blame them if true but I don't necessarily believe it. If it's worth it to a team to not have good scrims just to "throw teams off" or whatever, more power to em. Seems as like to backfire as anything...and honestly when Dunk has said similar in the past I always viewed it as revisionist history more than anything to justify how bad they were leading into the tournament.

But bro, why you gotta spoil the punchline!? :(

DUN-DUN DUNNNNN, DUN-DUN DUNNNNNNNNNNN
sorry can't hear you over the intro music

Do we know when Dehaka is releasing?

Seems like the consensus is PTR on Tuesday or release on Tuesday. Either way, we'll see him.

brian!

it's really fun to watch mcintyre's falstad
they're playing a lot better right now compared to friday
mac casting his e into the enemy team by accident and then gusting them away in reaction reminds me of cartoons lol or a jackie chan movie

hard to tell what's going on with nvt, and what combo of whether it's the map (what I think it is), role swap, or some time to reassess since Friday, but I hope they keep the role swap just because if heroes ever grows it'd be cool to be like remember that time a team swapped roles in the middle of a tournament, and then another person is all "dad? what are roles??" "son it was a darker time"

kenma still bad positioning tho but he picked a hero where it's ok to die so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

tourney link: https://www.twitch.tv/khaldor

kenma complaining about lag in all chat is god like

brian!

didnt they lose to them once at regionals
oh nm that didn't happen
i didnt watch the kob games, but ppl were loving tomster in that tourney

in game 2 they outplayed nvt and capitalized on their mistakes pretty well, nvt still looked better than they did 2 days ago in that game but gust seemed more on top of shit that game in general + erho was a nonfactor on sonya that game

Alur

I know they are high on Tomster, but NVT has at least three players who are as good as any in the world. They shouldn't be dropping games to scrub teams.

NVT gonna get bodied in Korea if they keep this up.

any in the world outside Korea.

Erho's positioning was great in that fight at bot temple right now, Gust dodged the skillshots decently but their team seemed to slow to move.
Not a dominating performance by Naventic against a mediocre team.

Sounds like Bakery is channeling his inner Dunktrain post Blizzcon with the mind games
. I think it's kinda funny and don't blame them if true but I don't necessarily believe it. If it's worth it to a team to not have good scrims just to "throw teams off" or whatever, more power to em. Seems as like to backfire as anything...and honestly when Dunk has said similar in the past I always viewed it as revisionist history more than anything to justify how bad they were leading into the tournament.

Apparently they scrimmed Fnatic almost exclusively pre katowice

brian!

yeah they seem like they are having actual problems, but i guess dont be surprised on thh when they reveal that they were playing bad on purpose lol
yeah id rate dig over what nvt is showing atm

Alur

yeah they seem like they are having actual problems, but i guess dont be surprised on thh when they reveal that they were playing bad on purpose lol
yeah id rate dig over what nvt is showing atm

Haha, that's kind my thought on the whole "we played bad on purpose/drafted bad on purpose" shit that Dunktrain (and now apparently Bakery) always pull out. It's just a convenient way to make yourselves look like masterminds after the fact.

If NVT really do continue to slide the fallout should be epic whenever it finally happens.

Famalie are you trying to say MVP Black is gonna body C9?

They will.

brian!

cauthon shouldnt have hid from kenma and just pushed the wave back
falstad + bwing is some bullshit on sky temple

looool
that wombo shouldnt work on nvt again this series
all glau had to do was sit on fan, he probably got juked though

Alur

jlawokay.gif

Didn't even make it last blizzcon *yawn*

I'll believe it when I see it

The consensus was MVP Black were the best Korean team and possibly best in the world even then, they just lost one series after dominating the whole year...not unlike Tempo Storm at the Americas championships just MVP Black didn't have all the drama as the cause for their choke.

And really any team can get lucky (or unlucky) in just one series if things go their way. I mean, we saw that last year with Cloud 9 at Blizzcon right? huehue mcinW

EDIT: Besides didn't you say C9 was ded after dropping Fan for Arthelol?
made this for you bb:
dLOEp95.jpg

brian!

whoa dominance on li ming

cog really needs to not draft zera so early, especially when they got baited into it 1 game prior lol

brian!

i feel like they could use zera well, but they always lock themselves into wombo after the pick and dont pick at all for the incoming bw/tass
their comp is so dependent on a good vp and it's so rough getting that if you arent helping zera set it up

Alur

There's no crow. I'm just trolling you. But I do think it's funny you are so confident now when you've spent the past month or so complaining about Arth's addition fucking the team. :p

Alur

One tournament win = come together? :p Before it was one tournament loss = fell apart! huehue

Dem kneejerks breh. Like I said, I'm just trolling you cause I know you get all defensive about your boiz. I hope they win too.

Alur

He is very good, but I'd take Fan 99 times out of 100 because he can play more heroes at a high level. Arth is pretty limited. Very good at what he plays, but the pool is small. Luckily for him the pool of heroes actually drafted is small enough to accommodate.

At least I'm not following that false god McinL

Doesn't look like Navi Jr are even going to win a series in Korea beyond the scrub SE Asia/Latin America teams at this rate.

The only thing I'm looking forward to more than C9 potentially winning a big series and Dunktrain or Caff claiming they houdini'd the opponent is the potential for Naventic salt if they keep throwing and making poor decisions. popcorn.gif

brian!

in terms of ranged carry id probably take arth over fan but fan is super solid and prob has a playstyle more suited to nvt

nvt vs, blaze whooo do i root for
nm snake eyes is playing brb

Alur

Blaze actually have some strong ass players, I think they are better than they were pre-shakeup so maybe in the summer qualifiers they can really show something. Winning here would be a huge stepping stone.

Alur

I wish Udall was on a good team. His streams are pretty fun and I think he's a good player.

i love nvt
only team that can save blizz esports

I wanted Mc to succeed but I've cooled on that. I would like to see Zuna win a world championship just for all the Zuna trolls.

I think if you're wanting BM and bravado to save blizz esports that team is C9. Just no one ever seems to notice or call them out when they do theirs lol

Alur

They are mean. The troll comps, the hall of storms BM, the "we were so smart we drafted like shit and etc and still won trololol". The disrespect is strong with them, but that's part of the fun.

EDIT: Fan on Xul. Dude has played a diff hero in like every game I've watched lol

brian!

i really like gp -> void slash tbh, i dont know how the math is working here though but it's still more aoe
gotdamn blaze knows how to push the on button
mac can get relentless leader soon

brian!

i feel like there is a sub-kenmafeeds meme where ppl will praise the team but leave kenma out every time like it's a known thing that he's not very good

they have no way to stop zera
yeah they totally have their number, dunno why they put in raynor (only ranged left for mac? they dont like zagara anymore?) and blaze takes falstad too

Alur

Why would you go Rehgar over Kharazim at this point? The healing isn't really any better, can't ult yourself, the damage is worse, etc etc...

And the Poison Nova value is nonexistent here.

I also don't get Stitches. He has gotten zero value with hook and he's fodder for ETC. I didn't watch the draft order doe.

brian!

yeah i didn't catch the order either
this draft kinda seems like
we took etc/banned muradin = erho wat do?
early xul pick -> fan plays it -> we took falstad = mac wat do? (should be zagara normally)

Alur

NVT were like fuk yall. Also fuk everyone on our team we all h8 each other. NVT's faces behind the scenes rite now:

giphy.gif

Alur

NVT all about Sonya man. Can't say I'm a super huge fan. Amazing seeing Thrall picked early so regularly tho. Love that.

EDIT: BLAZELUST. Malf sighting

Holy shit no tank bloodlust comp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom