• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Tyrael is alright, my only problem with him is that there are like 4 or 5 other warriors I prefer :/

scoobs

Yep you can recruit yourself. Just takes a while.

What is the process exactly? I've thought about it because the Vulture mount is pretty cool but I'm also extraordinarily lazy and barely have enough free time to play as it is.

Alur

It'd be quicker now than in the past cause you could just level 10 heroes from level 1 to level 2. In the past it was 10 account levels.

EDIT: just saw that Lucio is the dumpster tier healer now. Malf turns to him and whispers, "Come at the king and you best not miss." end scene

Kind of amazing how he's skirted when a couple of the recent nerfs (ETC, Lucio are the best examples) have seen heroes just drop like a rock.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Jaina

giphy.gif

Celegus

Then you must have never W'd and Judgmented a Chromie before.

Heh, good point. Not much has more OOMPH than Judgment, I'll give you that! Just one of those heroes that never clicked for me, and I do tend to steer more towards ones that don't have to worry about mana as much for whatever reason. Hate playing any mages except the occasional Gul'Dan. Also hate stealthies, some things just aren't my cup of tea.

Same, it just doesn't have the same "oomph" as other character's. Not denying he's awesome, but I'm terrible at him and don't enjoy playing him at all.

Yeah, I've only played him once and we wrecked with him but it never really felt good. Except judgement, that's pretty fun.

His E especially, just feels weird.

kirblar

Tyrael is a support/tank hybrid character. His Q lets him bodyblock and escape, his W shields, his E is a Mario Kart speed boost, and his R is either an initiation tool to help isolate and delete someone, or an initiation tool/defensive tool for a full on team fight.

He's very coordination heavy, which is why he plays best in 5v5, even though he's still very good in HL too. (I'm terrible at him too, tho, don't worry.)

Rhaknar

Had a Braxis earlier with Jaina that made me want to rage-buy Valeera and then use her and go "yeah now how do you like it?" ;_;

Jaina > Kael in the fun department tho, and its not even close.

Valeera is a QM hero, if you want to avoid cancer just play draft modes :(

When im done with my "project", im having fun even with wild Valeeras out there.

Had a Zera just now and I still say hes not as bad. He deleted me a few times, but at least he has to work for it and you dont feel like you cant do anything. In fact he tried to gank me in a solo temple and I caught the glimmer and got him.

Im not a big fan of her Q tho, but most of the time the talents with the Q talent arent very good.

Rhaknar

everytime a legendary isnt one of the heroes I down own (I know the odds are shit) I die a little inside.

Green Samuro Monkey skin, at least I didnt own it (or any of his monkey skins actually)

So a Valla on my team died FOURTEEN TIMES in a 17 minute match where we (not surprisingly) got steamrolled. We just cracked lv16 or 17 at the end of the game. Is it possible that this person spent more time dead than alive?

I generally *never* get tilted when playing, but that game came close (we also had a Tracer who died 9 times while racking up exactly 1 kill, and finished < 10K in *both* siege damage and hero damage, which I wouldn't think was possible)

Alur

everytime a legendary isnt one of the heroes I down own (I know the odds are shit) I die a little inside.

Green Samuro Monkey skin, at least I didnt own it (or any of his monkey skins actually)

I'm happy for any of them really. I own every "real" legendary skin, all the mounts, and all the heroes...so it's 400 shards to the good towards the event cosmetics when that drops. There are a few "new" legendary skins I'd like to get, though, like the toxic looking Dehaka and so forth and it bums me out when I keep turning up Monkey King Samuro too. I bet I've gotten him 7 or 8 times now in one tint or the other, it's uncanny. I'm on the extreme end of the spectrum though so of course take with a huge grain of salt.

The aspect of the loot chest system that bums me the most is the level 10/20/30/etc rewards that are "hero only" but always end up being some fucking voice line or emotes. Really feel like it should be a rare or better quality item because right now they are basically the worst boxes to get from what I've seen. I don't think I've gotten more than 1 rare out of them, and no actual rare or better item for that hero and that's with me rerolling them at least twice a piece. It's a minor complaint, though. Otherwise the boxes come so frequent and it's great seeing all these skins and mounts in the wild.

Rhaknar

been seeing a lot of cho'gall on EU myself.

I never expect a Legendary to be a hero, but last night I got Medivh and was pretty happy because I didn't own him and have been debating on getting him to mess around with.

Man Uther hard counters Xul's teamfighting really hard. Just played a game where I took the 75 armor to impaired targets and saved my heal nuke for whenever Xul used his delayed root and the person couldn't die. I really like the Uther rework as it gives him an extremely powerful and unique niche. (Being the best at mitigating pick comps since they usually do it by stacking CC on one person)

Man Uther hard counters Xul's teamfighting really hard. Just played a game where I took the 75 armor to impaired targets and saved my heal nuke for whenever Xul used his delayed root and the person couldn't die. I really like the Uther rework as it gives him an extremely powerful and unique niche. (Being the best at mitigating pick comps since they usually do it by stacking CC on one person)

Yeah, I think Uther's in a really good place right now. But I might be biased because I found "Piano" Uther utterly unplayable. Current Uther's kit just makes sense. It ties together consistently, encourages a particular playstyle, and it's also pretty clear in terms of "if X is happening, do A, if Y is happening, do B" etc. Versus Piano Uther which was just chaos for me.

Rhaknar

Did hgc play them or something saw them in na today as well One bad and one good game

Ive actually been seeing a lot for awhile now. Even lots of cho vs cho

Really digging Jaina, very surprised by that. Not Li Ming levels of enjoyment but I really like her. Except when I get caught by stealthies, feelsbadman.

Alur

Five days straight of negative winrate, grouped and solo. Losing em every way you can. Sit right back and you'll hear a tale, a tale of a fateful trip.

Throwing? Check. Bad comps? Yessir. Team too aggressive? Oh, indeed. Team too passive? Affirmative. Split push cheese? Constantly. Varian QM cheese? Positive. Tyrande QM cheese? Yeah baby. Bad personal play? Sadly. Potato teammates? Aye.

I was ~57/58% winrate on this season before this past week.10-20 in my last 30 games and now sitting at 49.5% winrate for the season. RIP that fucking ship, she's already taken on the water and we're at the bottom of the sea mates. It's honestly kind of insane. I mean, every day we see people pop in thread and complain about losing streaks and that's just kind of how the game works. Some days you're the hammer, some days you're the nail. I think this is the longest I've had where we haven't even been able to put together a 50/50 day at the very least. Usually it lasts about 2 or 3 days worth of games. I'd blame it on Overwatch players infiltrating my games but rarely does one fly high enough to get into our MMR bracket before their own MMR takes a dip. I don't know if that's good or bad, though...that means all these losses are legit, haha.

On the bright side, I'm 11 levels from account level 1000. And still got a 70% winrate on Hanamura. Could be worse I guess. WTB expanded map pool today instead of Tuesday plzkthx Blizzard.

I was right next to an azmodan and valeera attacked me from stealth. He didn't react to that. I almost took out valeera and would have if azmodan was awake. 10 or so seconds later 3 heroes jump us and I die in the process. In chat I'm like "wtf azmodan". And he was like "what did you expect 3 heroes jumped us", and I was like "no, before that valeera attacked me right next to you." Guy was so oblivious he didn't even know what was going on.

That was the extent of the exchange until later he starts calling me shit and miraculously I am the reason we're losing (I'm playing sylvanas against 2 stealth assassins, but I'm not doing bad although not great either). I think he was still upset that I said something to him. He says it's quick match and that he doesn't care but throughout the rest of the game he is talking about how well he was doing (he wasn't, he had about equal stats other than the fact that he had 5+ more deaths than me).

This guy is a case study. If he does not care because it's just quick match, why randomly start talking shit and acting like you're above caring about the outcome of the game.

Can't let these kind of people get to you. I know some people shy away from MP games because of people like him. And every now and then we get that thread about people acting worse than this particular person did because they chose to throw some prejudicial shit into the mix.

Anyway, had a great fun night of losing while learning sylvanas for the first time.

Rhaknar

raging at Valeera on my Jaina journey to 10 so much that I said "FINE! I can do that too" so I went Zera for a game (I dont own Val) and coincidence or not, we crushed.

It felt dirty.

no it didnt

Top Bottom