• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Ketch

What makes Chen good? I'm not seeing it, and every tier list puts him as mediocre or worse.

Sonya has like 8000 health at max level, which is comparable to other tanks. She might not have as great damage mitigation, but if there were a tank/DPS hybrid she's easily the one to note.

Chen is better then most give him credit for, definitely still situational though. His strengths are his very low cooldown infinite use abilities and his ability to chase. He is extremely good in the early game and vs backliners who like to kite (li Ming, Valla, medic). His dive kick is 5sec CD (which is very low for a mobility skill), and at 4 and 7 he gets a better burning rage (which is typically a lvl 16 talent) and then a move speed bonus. So he just dives people and shits on them as they can't get away. He's not good in the current meta because the current meta does not rely much on those mobile backline heroes and he's weak to current popular front liners like anubarak. Chen is probably really good vs genji though.

Sonya does not have 8k health, most heroes don't reach nearly that, that's like chogal numbers. But it doesn't really matter if she has comparable health, she's not a tank because her kit doesn't really fit. She's all about going in hard to abuse her short CD damage abilities on squishes. She doesnt have good mitigation until 16 or 20 and those are on 60 second cd. She is beefy and is probably the type of hero your looking for, but don't try to use her in a tank role or you'll be setting yourself up for failure.

Sonya and Chen are actually very similar in role and power level. Although I'd say Chen is stronger early game and Sonya is stronger late game, and being stronger in the late game is better. Also Sonya is really strong vs popular front line meta picks such as anub, arthas, and Leo. ... well maybe not anub so much.

Dahbomb

Looking at HP totals past 22 is completely irrelevant.

Hell I generally just look at hero stats at 20, beyond that it's rarely relevant.

She has 5134 HP at lvl20, that's decent but not absurd.

Chen is better then most give him credit for, definitely still situational though. His strengths are his very low cooldown infinite use abilities and his ability to chase. He is extremely good in the early game and vs backliners who like to kite (li Ming, Valla, medic). His dive kick is 5sec CD (which is very low for a mobility skill), and at 4 and 7 he gets a better burning rage (which is typically a lvl 16 talent) and then a move speed bonus. So he just dives people and shits on them as they can't get away. He's not good in the current meta because the current meta does not rely much on those mobile backline heroes and he's weak to current popular front liners like anubarak. Chen is probably really good vs genji though.

Sonya does not have 8k health, most heroes don't reach nearly that, that's like chogal numbers. But it doesn't really matter if she has comparable health, she's not a tank because her kit doesn't really fit. She's all about going in hard to abuse her short CD damage abilities on squishes. She doesnt have good mitigation until 16 or 20 and those are on 60 second cd. She is beefy and is probably the type of hero your looking for, but don't try to use her in a tank role or you'll be setting yourself up for failure.

Sonya and Chen are actually very similar in role and power level. Although I'd say Chen is stronger early game and Sonya is stronger late game, and being stronger in the late game is better. Also Sonya is really strong vs popular front line meta picks such as anub, arthas, and Leo. ... well maybe not anub so much.
I think my issue with Chen is that he has no stuns. As the game gets more heroes that break the rules with mobility like Genji and D.va, it feels like slows have diminishing value. Roots and stuns feel mandatory for a tank, so I can't see picking Chen over Diablo, Arthas, etc.

Ketch

I think my issue with Chen is that he has no stuns. As the game gets more heroes that break the rules with mobility like Genji and D.va, it feels like slows have diminishing value. Roots and stuns feel mandatory for a tank, so I can't see picking Chen over Diablo, Arthas, etc.

Yea. He's a bruiser for sure.

kirblar

You get some more HP and damage... but so does everyone else so it's whatever. It's not like you scale exponentially higher past 20.
Pre-Cho'Gall scaling actually was exponential and it led to a two-level lead being near-impossible to come back from.

I won't harp on it anymore in the thread... but Tassadar is legit S tier with any of the usual AA heros, like the old days. Took him into Hero League again tonight. I got flamed for "not picking damage" but I just bit my tongue.

Little did they know (and again... we were unkillable)

This was the first game.

Heroes_of_the_Storm_06.06.2017_-_00.31.47.01.png

This is the second one.

Blizz is gonna definitely nerf him, which is kinda sad. But I'm going to enjoy him again until they do.

scoobs

If I wasn't too busy trying to learn Chen I'd be playing the shit out of Tass. Take advantage of his silly AA build while you can, people are not yet aware that he's busted.

Maledict

So that makes it less likely we'll see an all Korea final in the mid season brawl, as MVP Black should theoretically have some gelling issues to sort out? Or are these changes after the brawl?

I do sort of agree with Dunc from THH. This is Europes chance to win a global, we won't get a better shot.

Who's going to be a support on black!? Would they put their other flex on support then? As far as I know, Rich is a Melee/flex focused kind of guy.
Probably not rich. Don't think they settled on would swap already. Kyocha most likely as he's been melee flex so far.
So that makes it less likely we'll see an all Korea final in the mid season brawl, as MVP Black should theoretically have some gelling issues to sort out? Or are these changes after the brawl?

I do sort of agree with Dunc from THH. This is Europes chance to win a global, we won't get a better shot.
Post brawl. Merryday announced a couple months ago he'd retire after this. Teams have to lock in new rosters before it but compete with the one they qualified as. It's pretty awkward.

Jinaar

4 of my last 5 games have had my team dying 40+ times. The last one we died 50 times. This is brutal.

Scoobs playing HOTS:

I feel ya. Those can be disheartening games for sure.

I will say I have jumped back into HOTS this last weekend and realllllly enjoying certain characters that require so much more attention to get good with. At the moment, I am enamoured with Probius and Gul'dan. Both require lots of attention and microing, the orb more so. Makes matches much more enjoyable for me.

Kioshen

My record of the last three days of hots: 1-3, 4-6, 1-5
At some point I'll get a day where I'm ahead again...

Welcome to the club. I was 2-10 in qm last Monday and yesterday I went 1-3 in unranked. I basically went on a losing streak of 13 matches. I know I'm not in good shape but this is ridiculous.

brian!

Ive been losing a bunch but ive been playing pretty carefree + i dont communicate w/ my team much these days so it is what it is

Alur

It's just streaky. I wouldn't read anything into any big win streak or lose streak (in QM especially) unless there's a hero you're playing that is higher in WR or lower in WR than the norm overall.

Did they ever add a cursor option other than size control? I could really use a different cursor. Sometimes I just lose sight of it in the middle of things if it's too small and when it's too big I have a harder time with skill shots.

IceMarker

Yep, I still hate playing against D.va in both games she's in, I feel like I'm on a losing streak solely because of her. Nerf that bitch.

Altairre

I think I hate azmo more. He so annoying in pub games because he can just run down your forts if you don't coordinate to stop him and he does a lot of hero damage as well.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I think I hate azmo more. He so annoying in pub games because he can just run down your forts if you don't coordinate to stop him and he does a lot of hero damage as well.

you just did the exact same thing as murky tho :3

been saving up boxes for the slight chance that malth drops, kinda feel I should have started sooner tbh. Oh well.

Altairre

Murky is not nearly as good at it though and his hero damage comes late in the game for the most part. There's a reason why Azmo has the third highest winrate. I had a game on haunted mines recently where an Azmo just ignored the objective to push and even though I killed him three times with Genji it wasn't enough to stop him.

Edit: In quickmatch he even has the highest winrate with 57,1%.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I need to start Azmoding, I used to love him back in the day. Also need to craft a dunk skin of course.

Did they ever add a cursor option other than size control? I could really use a different cursor. Sometimes I just lose sight of it in the middle of things if it's too small and when it's too big I have a harder time with skill shots.

It's definitely a cosmetic I would pay for. I already have Diablo's voice for my announcer (400 shards, and then I got it in a loot box two days later). I would LOVE to have Diablo's clawed hand as a cursor. I also lose my cursor at times during chaotic teamfights, which is something that never happened when I played DotA. I'm not sure what the exact reason is.

Is there any way they can ever fix the wait time for parties of two? it's brutal waiting on a game, I only play HOTS with one friend so getting a party of 5 is out of the question

Is there any way they can ever fix the wait time for parties of two? it's brutal waiting on a game, I only play HOTS with one friend so getting a party of 5 is out of the question

Unfortunately, the population for TL is really low. Unless there is a surge of players who make parties of 3, there is nothing really to be done. As of now, I'd avoid TL or get another friend to queue as 3 (queues are like 50-90 secs).

Parties of 2 in unranked have no problem however, but I know that isn't ranked :(

edit: If you are looking for people, join channels: Team League, TeamLeague, MFPT. There are usually over 100 people in each channel and many are looking for groups to join. Just advertise

Altairre

Was watching Grubby's recent Azmo video. His comment on a 1 for 1 trade (nova on his team, genji on the enemy team): "Every time you can trade a Nova for someone that is not Nova, that's a good trade". Poor Nova.
I agree.

Top Bottom