• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Prelude.

First game: 2 afk, 1 dc, 1 aba
Second game: 1 dc, no tanks, they had Varian, 2 people with 11 deaths each

It's not like she was good before. She's different and in a fun way.
Shadowstalk is trash, can't get cd reductions with owl anymore, instead you need to get close to get into aa range to reduce only the healing cd, which doesn't heal you anymore, meaning that you can't heal the damage you get by getting close to a fight.

Shadowstalk is trash, can't get cd reductions with owl anymore, instead you need to get close to get into aa range to reduce only the healing cd, which doesn't heal you anymore, meaning that you can't heal the damage you get by getting close to a fight.
Her E scales infinitely and has multiple talents baked into her lvl 1.

Sentinel got pierce baked in with an OP talent at 16.

Shadowstalk has been the worse heroic for quite some time.

You just default alt Q with Tyrande now. Post 13 you can start behaving like you're some kind of healer.

psyfi

Banned
This is my first MOBA so I know I should expect a steep learning curve, but every so often I'm really struck by how much I have left to learn. Those tank guides are really helpful, definitely gives me added insight and context. Thanks folks.

brian!

I think tyrande is pretty good (esp now w/ cleanse gone from malf) but it seems like pro players arent really too keen on her iirc. Also im not sure if the lvl 4 cdr talent is busted but when i was using the talent it seemed to give more cdr than the tooltip stated.

My build (havent checked out w stuff after the buff):

1. E quest
4. Cdr/stun removal
7. Trushot is really strong (like seriously 20% is crazy, with greymane + execution later on, damn) but if you have absolutely no viable autoer to enable then darnassian archery + q cdr + a timely d lets you solo a lot of the cast
10. Starfall
13. Harsh moonlight (again, the teamfight positives it brings is huge, but it also greatly improves your dueling)
16. Usually overflowing light, which has great synergy with lvl 4 cdr, tho i dont really want to underestimate the other ones which will provide value regardless of ur health. Im not too clear on this tier, but overflowing light is prob the easiest to use.
20. The atspd one seems like it's auto take, but an argument can be made for starfall upgrade in a proper aoe comp or something

Oh u know what, i just took a glance at the tyrande wiki and she has baseline 2 sec cdr on her q from autos, that explains why i thought the lvl 4 cdr didnt match the description

Prelude.

Her E scales infinitely and has multiple talents baked into her lvl 1.

Sentinel got pierce baked in with an OP talent at 16.

Shadowstalk has been the worse heroic for quite some time.

You just default alt Q with Tyrande now. Post 13 you can start behaving like you're some kind of healer.
I think they made her healing abilities incredibly awkward and her owl build kinda pointless now.

1. E quest
4. Cdr/stun removal
7. Trushot is really strong (like seriously 20% is crazy, with greymane + execution later on, damn) but if you have absolutely no viable autoer to enable then darnassian archery + q cdr + a timely d lets you solo a lot of the cast
10. Starfall
13. Harsh moonlight (again, the teamfight positives it brings is huge, but it also greatly improves your dueling)
16. Usually overflowing light, which has great synergy with lvl 4 cdr, tho i dont really want to underestimate the other ones which will provide value regardless of ur health. Im not too clear on this tier, but overflowing light is prob the easiest to use.
20. The atspd one seems like it's auto take, but an argument can be made for starfall upgrade in a proper aoe comp or something
That's my go to build as well.
I think they made her healing abilities incredibly awkward and her owl build kinda pointless now.
Her Q is totally awkward you gotta play it like Illidan with the CDR.

The Owl talent reducing damage and slows opp is a crazy tho

I think tyrande is pretty good (esp now w/ cleanse gone from malf) but it seems like pro players arent really too keen on her iirc. Also im not sure if the lvl 4 cdr talent is busted but when i was using the talent it seemed to give more cdr than the tooltip stated.

1. E quest
4. Cdr/stun removal
10. Starfall

Oh u know what, i just took a glance at the tyrande wiki and she has baseline 2 sec cdr on her q from autos, that explains why i thought the lvl 4 cdr didnt match the description

LVL 4 CDR talent is .75 and you get 2 second reduction standard on a 12 second cd so basically every 3-4 shots.

Trueshot does seem strong. I overlooked it at first for the stacking damage against heroes.

Have you tried shadowstalk? With trait + q cdr you melt people while healing a lot. And shadowstalk has a 20 second cooldown so not only is it available every fight, you can use it more than once in some fights. It just seems so versatile to me that it might be overlooked. I think it's great for getting perfect positioning to land a hunter's mark on a target that your team can just wail on (while you spam healing) and the movement buff lasts 5 seconds after stealth is broken so you have plenty of time to get out.

I don't doubt the strength of starfall, but I think shadowstalk has been great (at least for a nub like myself).

Prelude.

That's my go to build as well.

Her Q is totally awkward you gotta play it like Illidan with the CDR.

The Owl talent reducing damage and slows opp is a crazy tho
Yeah, that's cool, but I don't really like not being rewarded for landing owls with cdr so going for an owl build doesn't seem like a viable option anymore considering the rest of her kit.
And Illidan doesn't have to do anything to stay alive, with Tyrande getting too close for too long is always risky.

But anyway, since the MM is complete garbage, it's not like I used her in an ideal match yet, so I don't know, so far I'm not impressed. Unlike Dehaka's rework, which I liked a lot.

Dahbomb

Starfall is not only good on support Tyrande but carry Tyrande too (aka Hunter's Mark Tyrande).

You get to Mark all targets at lvl20 and then if you picked up the Hunter's Mark talents you can do some serious damage.

Yeah, that's cool, but I don't really like not being rewarded for landing owls with cdr so going for an owl build doesn't seem like a viable option anymore considering the rest of her kit.
And Illidan doesn't have to do anything to stay alive, with Tyrande getting too close for too long is always risky.

But anyway, since the MM is complete garbage, it's not like I used her in an ideal match yet, so I don't know, so far I'm not impressed. Unlike Dehaka's rework, which I liked a lot.
I mean playing it like Illidan by counting the CD of her Q in your head. Not that you can weave in and out of combat.

I'm very impressed with her rework she's way more fun but needs some tuning.

brian!

LVL 4 CDR talent is .75 and you get 2 second reduction standard on a 12 second cd so basically every 3-4 shots.

Trueshot does seem strong. I overlooked it at first for the stacking damage against heroes.

Have you tried shadowstalk? With trait + q cdr you melt people while healing a lot. And shadowstalk has a 20 second cooldown so not only is it available every fight, you can use it more than once in some fights. It just seems so versatile to me that it might be overlooked. I think it's great for getting perfect positioning to land a hunter's mark on a target that your team can just wail on (while you spam healing) and the movement buff lasts 5 seconds after stealth is broken so you have plenty of time to get out.

I don't doubt the strength of starfall, but I think shadowstalk has been great (at least for a nub like myself).

I can see use for shadowstalk for sure, havent tried it in this iteration yet, but ive been going starfall because it's straightforward and more applicable to teamfights

___
Pretty well thought out post on hanamura: https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/6g0lqm/deep_fundamental_problems_with_hanamuras/

Havent read through his solution but he gets at it's problems very well

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
somehow just won, and kinda crushed it too, a braxxis where it was:

Morales (me), Brightwing, Zeratul, Sylvanas and Guldan vs

Morales, Varian, Butcher, Li Ming and Valeera

tenor.gif

Wtf? This is very wrong, lol.

And his AP build is great.

Man, if i have to choose between a Carry the Valla, Carry the Greymane, or Carry the Zul'jin comp, I choose either two first.

Zul'jin puts out huge numbers yes. But so can either of the two and they have mobility. If I require poke to shred an immobile frontline, i'd choose lunara (who again has more mobility).

"sucks" is hyperbole due to being burned by a bad zul'jin in HL, but my point remains. At what point does Zul'jin become a more viable pick than those others?

Prelude.

I should probably go back to Greymane now that I'm more comfortable with the game, I didn't like him at all when I started playing, but I think he's like the best assassin atm and Cursed Bullet seems broken. Should I go with the cocktail build?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Brawl continues to be a mistake.

edit: did use Uther for the first time since coming back to the game, holy shit hes still fun. And his heals give armor now? And they gave Tyrande's "heal someone else and you also heal yourself" to him? Damn Uther u gud

edit: just lost one of those games where I think I get the most salty about. Maybe not salty, but disgruntled maybe? Close Hanamura, enemy has 1 health, we have 2 health, our payload comes up, our nazeebo goes to solo second tier fort (keep? whatever they are called).

I say "zeebo they have 1 life, that fort wont change anything, we just need our payload mate", he ignores me and keeps soloing. He dies because its the one nearest the respawn of course. Now we are 4 v 5, we slowly lose that fight and cant hand in, they hand theirs in and boss. GG.

What is the thought process? Besides "there is none" obviously. Fundamental lack of map understanding? Like I try to wrap my brain around it, probably looking for an anwser that isnt there, because the awnser is "lollolol i dont care".

edit: hehe and now another one, we are ahead all game on Braxxis, enemy down to 1 keep and core and we still have everything, we lose 1 zerg wave finally, Zeratul loses it with "GG Retards etc" and goes afk in the respawn until a bot takes over. One lost point the whole game was all it took lol. Thats enough games for tonight I think :)

Fancolors

Fucking hell. I'm convinced there shouldn't be silenced players, they should just be banned.

Just had a match with one dude who would spam pings endlessly. We started losing fights and the other team got a 2 lvl lead. Dude just decides to walk on a straight line to the enemy towers and feed. This is not the first time a silenced player does that.

Fucking hell. I'm convinced there shouldn't be silenced players, they should just be banned.

Just had a match with one dude who would spam pings endlessly. We started losing fights and the other team got a 2 lvl lead. Dude just decides to walk on a straight line to the enemy towers and feed. This is not the first time a silenced player does that.

FeelsBad

Super unfortunate. I saw a post on reddit earlier where they talked about afkers and someone said something to the effect: "if my allies are being a dumbass I don't see what's wrong with afking, its not like we we're going to win anyway". It had a surprising number of likes, not many atleast.

I... just don't get it. Maybe it is competitive spirit, maybe it is a superiority complex that I have, or countless other reasons, but I am not going to quit. Just to say I did everything in my power to win, i'm going to keep trying. Sure I'll get tilted, and I can play bad as a result... But I'll never troll my teammates because I've lost hope.

I'm with you Fancolors, a silence has no effect on unranked draft or QM if someone wants to be an ass. If you are intentionally feeding, I think they need to be put in low priority with others who do similar antics.

Does anyone know how often Blizz handles intentional feeders and what's the punishment?

Whatever I did to anger the Hots gods I've learned my lesson. I have only won 3 matches out of 23. I've never had a streak this bad literally every match, just looking at the teams I know I've lost at the load screen. Time for a break I guess.

Kioshen

Whatever I did to anger the Hots gods I've learned my lesson. I have only won 3 matches out of 23. I've never had a streak this bad literally every match, just looking at the teams I know I've lost at the load screen. Time for a break I guess.

*high five* Welcome to the club. Guess I'm not alone in this predicament.

Milly79

*high five* Welcome to the club. Guess I'm not alone in this predicament.

It comes and goes like any time, but everyone always remembers the loss streaks and never the win streaks.

First and foremost, our drafting is absolutely booty. We hardly ever prioritize stuns, but that's just one of many examples. Last night you and Rick took Syl/Gul into Malf. What happened? We never won a fight because he just healed through it all.

Secondly, everyone in that 4 man needs to find a role and stick with it. Everyone trying to flex here and there and picking heroes that they play suboptimally is going to lose 6.5/10 times. I've honestly thought about dedicating myself to warrior or support as that seems to be where we're lacking, but then we get gimped on damage.

Maybe I'm over thinking it, who knows. If we're "casual" then none of this really matters, but losing (actually, blown out) gets old.

And with the amount of times I've heard you say "I need to practice/study, etc" you should be GM #1 by now. :p

Kioshen

And with the amount of times I've heard you say "I need to practice/study, etc" you should be GM #1 by now. :p

That's the problem, the more I read, the more I try to analyze, the more I play like a complete shit show. I couldn't even win a lane against a rag as Falstad which is supposed to be a favored match up. I didn't make any surprise rotations bottom to help secure the point. I'm missing all my skill shots which I didn't used to that much (you saw that anub match lol).

Honestly, for that past three days after every session, I've been hovering over the uninstall button. Hell, I nearly alt-f4 out of that hanamura game for the first time but I didn't because I was with you guys. I should take a break from this game for a little while.

If/When I come back, I'll bite the bullet and specialize in support when we're doing unranked. I obviously can't tank and do pitiful damage anyway due to being a step behind in positioning.

Medivh's really clicking for me recently. Putting portals on release has helped a bunch.

Now Blizz just needs to enable to use FoW on player portraits. All too often people are dead before my mouse reaches them and I have a fairly high sensitity.

And hovering the cursor over heroes isn't my idea of fun.

Milly79

Well it's up to you what you want to do. Taking a break could work, or you could come back and be even worse.

That's why I tried branching out and playing other games like D3, Pubg and OW (although I try to find the game fun it's usually a stomp against me).

It's hard to get Rick to come off of HoTS and he's the one I've been grouping with the most lately. I used to play a ton of SP games before I got into heroes and now all I want to do is play against others/with friends. At least Malthael is coming out Tuesday. I've just played way too much heroes over the past two years and it really is starting to burn me out on it when we constantly lose. Will I uninstall? No, but I will try and play other stuff when I'm sick of it.

brian!

Taking a break sounds like a good idea, it kinda sounds like you are getting too wrapped up in ur own head while in game

Medivh's really clicking for me recently. Putting portals on release has helped a bunch.

Now Blizz just needs to enable to use FoW on player portraits. All too often people are dead before my mouse reaches them and I have a fairly high sensitity.

And hovering the cursor over heroes isn't my idea of fun.

Playing lots of tass got me used to it lol, both medivh/zarya stuff feels natural cuz of it

Like this valla goes out low af and then pings me for not saving her when valeera one shot her in idk how few frames.
I legit messed up not hovering her but I doubt my potato, isp and reflexes would have been enough to catch that.

Post 16 Medivh becomes so much fun I never know what 20 to go for though. When we're behind structurally I end up taking the instaclear if not the mana grant and AP.

I wish they'd either move masters touch to 1, 4 or bake it in because it gives you a purpose you're lacking with medivh in the early game in uncoordinated games. Raising it to 35 to compensate.

Rhaknar

nothing for me next week

Upcoming Hero Sales
Kael’thas — Sale Price: 312 Gems
The Lost Vikings — Sale Price: 375 Gems

The following Skins and Mounts will enter the Featured Item Rotation, and will be unlockable using Gems until next week's Collection Update:

Upcoming Featured Skins
Magenta Elite Agent Nova
Prototype Love Doctor Morales
Dreambreaker Thrall

Upcoming Featured Mounts
Teal Saddled Battle Beast
Judgment Charger

5 hours left last night and i got around to doing the sgt hammer brawl. oh god was it terrible. got 3 easy wins out of it. not really much to complain lol.

Rhaknar

actually excited for Thrall rework, he didnt do it for me and I left him at 6 before.

Top Bottom