• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'm 99.99% sure Crash Lightning is the inferior lightning talent at 1, and I don't think Thunderstorm is anywhere near as good as Tempest Fury. Fun talent though.

Rest of your build seems situationally good though, no bad choices really.

I literally only played one game, but I liked how he felt. Deffinately will play him more now.

im unable to watch the MSB live, so im stuck watching the vods later which keeps me away from this thread cuz of spoilers. But it sounds like they will do the new hero reveal at GFs and even without that this looks like it will be an awesome bracket next week.

crazy games and upsets all around

i feel like its only fanatic that hasnt been upset really but they arent a lock on winning by any means

Played a Cho'Gall in QM for science just to see how bad Malthael ruins him. We should probably just delete Cho'Gall out of the game now.
I had the opposite experience. Without a reliable gap close or strong CC, Cho'Gall can make Malthael eat a lot of brutal poke before he gets the dot ticking. He just wasn't scary compared to Greymane or Leoric.

I bought Malthael because he's my kinda edgelord, seems really good but not as OP as some of the chatter led me to believe, but I only played 2 quick matches and I'm bad, so take that with a grain of salt. He's definitely a tank shredder. Johanna ran from me every single time because there was no way she could fight me 1v1. But he's pretty vulnerable to ganks and stealthies. His AOE ult seems not so great, I think the death sentence one is gonna be the go-to in most situations.

brian!

I think ive only seen him here and in one vod i saw yesterday i forget who was playing

Fan analysis is great

O shit i didnt realize tempo was so behind in their group

It's prob because it's retrospective and he has time to gather his thoughts but fan's analysis is way better than dread's

brian!

Hm i dont think anything fan said breaking down that crit teamfight is outside dread's realm, if anything the main plus he has from playing is draft and meta understanding. It's more fan talks about what's happening on screen in a calm way and dread mainly tries to talk about his own narrative of what's happening (and too often throws out wrong predictions like "welp now they have to do x" when they don't, not even remotely), dude needs to reign it in

Kioshen

who is fat illidan?

Chen

Hm i dont think anything fan said breaking down that crit teamfight is outside dread's realm, if anything the main plus he has from playing is draft and meta understanding. It's more fan talks about what's happening on screen in a calm way and dread mainly tries to talk about his own narrative of what's happening (and too often throws out wrong predictions like "welp now they have to do x" when they don't, not even remotely), dude needs to reign it in

Not really playing devil's advocate here but Dread used to be a shot caller. Not matter how he would try to reign it in that's how he's used to seeing the game at a competitive level.

After hearing Fan talk about the game, I understand a bit more how GFE can be so much better prepared than other teams though.

Kioshen

If battle.net servers still bend over backward after just a WoW patch, I can't wait to see what will happen when Destiny 2 comes online. We'll have chaos everywhere for 7 days and 7 nights !

Syf

Banned
If battle.net servers still bend over backward after just a WoW patch, I can't wait to see what will happen when Destiny 2 comes online. We'll have chaos everywhere for 7 days and 7 nights !
Destiny 2, Overwatch, WoW, Hearthstone, all on the same network. Yeah I hope they have some server upgrades in mind lol. That's a ton of activity.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
yeah I like Malth, he's fun. Nowhere near as OP as he sounded on paper too.

Altairre

I'm 2-0 with Sir Murkalot so far. Went up against Malthael in both of those games and he can't do shiiiiit against the little murloc. Killed him 1v1 twice in both games and after that he just ran away from me. I haven't bought Malth yet because I don't know that I actually want to play him. Will wait for the free week or until he's on sale.

Edit: Samuro has the highest winrate on hotslogs now. Granted the sample size is still fairly small but...why? Why is his winrate so high when he seems like such an underwhelming character? I don't understand.

I'm 2-0 with Sir Murkalot so far. Went up against Malthael in both of those games and he can't do shiiiiit against the little murloc. Killed him 1v1 twice in both games and after that he just ran away from me. I haven't bought Malth yet because I don't know that I actually want to play him. Will wait for the free week or until he's on sale.

Just seeing that interaction... the Aspect of Death getting bodied by a frog in a bubble. Hilarious!

Altairre

Just seeing that interaction... the Aspect of Death getting bodied by a frog in a bubble. Hilarious!
Watching Murky pummeling Malth with his little fish and his little helmet, looking all serious, is one of the best things I've seen in this game. Funny bunny is neat and all but I'm on that Murkalot train now.

Kioshen

Just like imagining what must be like to have the black scourge being blocked twice by an annoying robot or flat out killed by a poisonous slug in Hearthstone.

Alur

Watching Murky pummeling Malth with his little fish and his little helmet, looking all serious, is one of the best things I've seen in this game. Funny bunny is neat and all but I'm on that Murkalot train now.

Tell me you're also riding the happy cloud or angry cloud mounts while doing that.

The pig mount reminds me of seven deadly sins

pig.jpg

Rhaknar

oh the goblin mount is back, it wasnt up earlier. and its only 10k gold? bought!

Altairre

Wait, I played those two Murky games with a friend and yet they didn't count towards the 15 game challenge. Did I miss anything?

Edit: Oh, you have to pick Diablo heores. Got it.

Alur

I really want to but I ain't got 2400 shards to spare. That price is just nuts.

Yep just wait. It'll be 1600 a tint once it's no longer featured. I got the black tint with the angry cloud face. Feels like the perfect troll. Using Funny Bunny for the happy cloud face.

Rhaknar

so how long do these new skins and shit take to go to nomrla shard prices? 2 weeks like a hero going from 15k to 10k gold?

Altairre

Yep just wait. It'll be 1600 a tint once it's no longer featured. I got the black tint with the angry cloud face. Feels like the perfect troll. Using Funny Bunny for the happy cloud face.

I would totally buy them with gems. I'm almost at 2000 shards so those 1600 are still a big investment buuuut they're really good mounts. I got the Sylv, Murky, Zera skin combo though because I enjoy playing all of those heroes.

Alur

Yeah it sucks you can't buy them with gems. Feel like they cost themselves some money on that...though likely they are playing the long game and want to dilute the shards people have before introducing event specific boxes. It worked for me. Between the Sir Murkalot tint and the two mounts I went from like 12k to 7k or so.

Rhaknar

you know youre a Malth noob when Prelude has to go "whats that symbol next to your icon?" and you go "oh...yeah... I can insta res" ;_;

Abathur is surprisingly delightful to play. It's such a slow burn character though and perhaps the strategy to him is a little repetitive though it's fun to take risks and play super aggressive.

I also got a taste of malth when I cloned him lol...peasants form of trying out a hero in a match. I tried in try mode but didn't remember the buttons so I just spammed them all and killed someone!

is the pig mount also back?

I dunno, saw it in game for the first time I thought it was new.

edit:
I feel like abathur needs a rework though. Since he is all about evolution, I think he should have additional options per talent tier. And a third heroic option which would be transforming a group of minions (maybe a max limit of like 1 wave worth) and they become under your control for a duration. Then you're basically playing a rts for the duration.

I feel like aba is in a good spot.

Symbiote build is the go to but other builds are viable too.

Split push and mine build aba were extremely annoying to play around before they needed them to their current level.
Fun to play though.

Top Bottom