• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Alavard

Such a crazy turnaround for Superstars, with that amazing Valeera + Varian combo.

Also, tank meta is in such a better place this year. I love how we can actually regularly get games without Muradin, ETC, or Johanna.

Maledict

Such a crazy turnaround for Superstars, with that amazing Valeera + Varian combo.

Also, tank meta is in such a better place this year. I love how we can actually regularly get games without Muradin, ETC, or Johanna.

I do think the tank meta is the best it's ever been to be honest. Leoric is the only warrior who needs a few small buffs in my opinion, the rest are all in a great position.

Kael'thas 100% winrate confirmed

would a living bomb build be good for anti medivh comps? or does the shield cleanse the bomb? my kael'thas and medivh knowledge are both quite lacking

I do think the tank meta is the best it's ever been to be honest. Leoric is the only warrior who needs a few small buffs in my opinion, the rest are all in a great position.

Agreed, HOTS balance, while not without its flaws has been overall quite good

kirblar

And by small buffs we really mean just give him more goddamn HP or baseline that WW armor talent.

kirblar

Anyone still want to argue tank Varian isn't good?
It's good but has a losing winrate in Korea :p. If you randomly pick him and don't build around him it's not going to work well.

edit: Both times we've seen Valeera, she's been picked into Zera/Falstad. Wonder if there's something to that.

I feel like Glaurang is still too similar to this, there were a couple of teams even on that braxxis map where i feel like he almost threw it for his team
Glaurung has never been able to carry a team. He was on his worst whenever he tried and I believe their current success in NA is based on Glau switching gears like that.

Still does get carried away every now and then.

Celegus

So glorious seeing Naventic get dismantled by Team 8.

Hopped into HL... "omg don't pick Tass you noob we already have BW!!"

Anyone still want to argue tank Varian isn't good?

It's not that tank Varian isn't good, the lockdown from that lvl 4 stun/charge talent and taunt are fanatastic. It's more that Varian has to be built and coordinated around. The tank spec takes so long to fully come online. He's not a tank you want to randomly pick or want to solo-queue as in QM or even HL.

Alur

Wow I turned that BStep series off and they came back and won? Damn. Bit of a choke by Superstars.

Also, how long until we find out NVT is broken up or no longer sponsored?

EDIT: Looks like SEL is back up and Glau and Fan are streaming it.

kirblar

This is by far the best the game has ever been balanced. Tons of tank options, all the mages are viable, tons of AA and Melee variety. The supports are the only real issue right now with Malf just being stupid and Uther... patiently waiting for the rework.

Maledict

This is by far the best the game has ever been balanced. Tons of tank options, all the mages are viable, tons of AA and Melee variety. The supports are the only real issue right now with Malf just being stupid and Uther... patiently waiting for the rework.

I'd argue that there's also a bit of an issue with the ranged damage dealers. No where near as bad as supports, but the trinity of Valla / Tychus / Li-Ming at the pro level is fairly dominating and it's very rare to see a game without two of them. There's a number of ranged dps who are seeing almost no play at all - Kael, for example, who doesn't seem to be viable even in the sort of environment he's supposed to be great at (heavy melee comps).

Definitely a really well balanced meta though at the moment, it's great for the game.

kirblar

I'd argue that there's also a bit of an issue with the ranged damage dealers. No where near as bad as supports, but the trinity of Valla / Tychus / Li-Ming at the pro level is fairly dominating and it's very rare to see a game without two of them. There's a number of ranged dps who are seeing almost no play at all - Kael, for example, who doesn't seem to be viable even in the sort of environment he's supposed to be great at (heavy melee comps).

Definitely a really well balanced meta though at the moment, it's great for the game.
Kael has been picked in multiple HGC games in the past 24 hours lol

Tychus is definitely too good all around right now.

scoobs

And KT is doing just fine in win rate, #1 mage across all leagues. There aren't many "bad" picks anymore, which is awesome.

HGC Korea gonna be hype AF this morning.

Maledict

Kael has been picked in multiple HGC games in the past 24 hours lol

Tychus is definitely too good all around right now.

Cool which ones? I haven't seen him so far and want to see how he plays, he's still my favourite mage.

Tychus just has a bit too much health. I get away with shit on him that no other ranged assassin can do, and I'm not sure I should be able too.

scoobs

Beware: random scoobs thoughts ahead

I've had an azmodan in every single one of my QMs this morning. What the fuck did i do to deserve this?

I think we may have seen the last of Dehaka once Lucio comes out. The movement speed meta is coming boys.

Also I just fucking destroyed with Alarak and I can't believe his winrate is such shit. I mean ya, he's not the easiest hero play but he's so fucking strong! He does so much hero damage its crazy fun, I love coming back to him and dusting off the ol' master skin

Ketch

I think they could probably add an extra ban in the first phase...... but they probably still need like two more supports in the game before they do that.

Maledict

I really don't like seeing Chromie at the pro level of play. Chromie + Hammer + Varian is a fucking stupid comp. I do think Varian is actually the issue - he provides WAY too much lockdown on way too short cooldowns to be fair.

kirblar

Beware: random scoobs thoughts ahead

I've had an azmodan in every single one of my QMs this morning. What the fuck did i do to deserve this?

I think we may have seen the last of Dehaka once Lucio comes out. The movement speed meta is coming boys.

Also I just fucking destroyed with Alarak and I can't believe his winrate is such shit. I mean ya, he's not the easiest hero play but he's so fucking strong! He does so much hero damage its crazy fun, I love coming back to him and dusting off the ol' master skin
Dread mentioned at some point that he thinks Alarak is fine, just that the meta isn't good for him right now.

Xeteh

Alarak seems like a game changer in the right hands. The few good ones I've seen have done so much work. Between making ganks happen with his pull or saving teammates with it is awesome.

Alur

Yep this is the most I've seen. To be fair, it's also one of the biggest matchups.

EDIT: I love listening to Kaelaris say "Dehaker"

EDITx2: Also Kaelaris: Fnatic with a blinder of a fight! I love it.

I hate Kaelaris' "big damage". There are other adjectives for vast amounts of something, use them.

Didn't enjoy this series very much, not even the games dig won. Hammer being a big contributor to that, she's just boring as a hero to watch. The games dig won were with Sylvanas on an objective push map and the other Fnatic trying to cheese. Fnatic with the toxic chromie comps.

brian!

Weird series, expected Fnatic to body Dig in the straightforward games but all games they won were with Chromie.

they got hosted by Hearthstone inflating the number.

oh makes sense

i am medivh one-trick now
dcafc0f1b21f4fc8ade3c40f412b3c42.png

i just dont feel like playing a character that isn't medivh

when u are about to do the god escape but u forget you are super shook and still holding alt: https://clips.twitch.tv/xcloser/WittyLlamaGrammarKing

brian!

a lot of my enjoyment w/ medivh comes from portalling into the enemy team, so yeah I think I finished the quest in only like half my games lol. I should really look at the stack count more, I keep dying with high stack counts

Kioshen

Just started listening to the latest into the Nexus and was a little depressed when even Kyle is starting to mute team chat in hero league. I don't think I'll ever play hero league at this point in hots.

Maledict

Fnatic has shown chromie is more than niche and I hate them for it.

Did they ever play her without Varian?

And yeah, Chromie is not good for the game like this. She is incredibly unfun to watch because there's no skill involved, its just guesswork when someone is off-screen nuking you every few seconds. It turns out there is no magic pro-skill level that stops you being hit from something you can't see.

Top Bottom