• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Maledict

It doesn't matter if he personally likes a hero for Bakery to play it. He was forcing Medic in hero league to practice her, even though he loathes the hero, in case he needed her. If he's not playing monk it's because he doesn't think he's any use right now.

Milly79

Split push can be way too effective at times and like you said Proto at diamond it's even overlooked. If it's Murky, dedicating a hero to babysitting him is 100% a loss for you if he continually pushes and never stops. Which happens all too often. With the other specs pushing it's not as bad but 9 times out of 10 one of the 3 in our main group is usually the ones to go babysit and it's often too late when we notice.

It doesn't matter if he personally likes a hero for Bakery to play it. He was forcing Medic in hero league to practice her, even though he loathes the hero, in case he needed her. If he's not playing monk it's because he doesn't think he's any use right now.
That just makes it sound like he thinks he knows better than everyone else.

Maledict

That just makes it sound like he thinks he knows better than everyone else.

Literally every top team thinks this. That's why they all draft differently. Every team thinks they know the meta more than everyone else, and drafts appropriately. Sometimes they are right, sometimes wrong. To be fair to Bakery, his track record is quite good compared to most!

I'm also clearly implying he's wrong. Teams think they have a grasp on the meta going in, then they meet the other teams in actual play and have to readjust and maybe even concede they got it wrong.

brian!

It feels pretty clear when you want to draft monk though, i dont think dig suffers too much in the games ive seen where they pick something else. Ofc it should be in their pool tho

I agree w/ male, teams should strive to focus on what they think is right and what gives scrim results

Monk has lowish value against the popular rag/varian stuff and high value if they draft rehgar/li ming, and is a great pick if you plan on making support bans/manipulation during the draft, in a meta where tass/malf exist tho he'll always be secondary. While hes great in the immortal phase on boe, you still lose out on cleanse and whatever the ward is called

Maledict

I'm also clearly implying he's wrong. Teams think they have a grasp on the meta going in, then they meet the other teams in actual play and have to readjust and maybe even concede they got it wrong.

Well that's fine, and how it should be. Thing is, you don't know what Bakery has in his pool. He has hardly ever played medic, yet he was forcing him in hero league a lot when I was watching him just to practise her. It could well be they don't draft monk right now not because of hero pool but because they prefer other options.

Let's not forget the number of times Dig has been the team shaping the meta - be it Tyrael in blizzcon 2015, or the two tank style they forced with AlextheproG to such success.

If they are wrong, and if Bakery can't play monk, then they will lose. I don't think that's going to be the reason they don't win though.

brian!

Yeah i dont think it's hero pool either, dude plays pretty much exactly the same and bakery used to spam games on him

Im pretty sure that if monk is the right pick for them theyll pick it

The last time Bakery played Kharazim in competitive was in August. That's across multiple regions and half a dozen patches.

Wasn't it you Maledict that criticized Dig for prioritizing Malf so much in the early stages of the meta?

brian!

Two things about that, im not sure if my memory in entirely correct here tho:

Iirc, dig has admitted to aping korean picks w/o fully understanding them early in the season

Ive heard players on thh discuss malf as an early support pick that limits your own picks and the enemy's picks. I dont know why exactly; maybe becausr malf is so defining in the early game and tranq is useless without stuff like gust/vp, meaning youd be locked into some sort of zarya pick or picking good self-sustain? Dunno. But yeah the consensus was that you had to be prepared draft-wise if you are picking malf as a first pick.

Maledict

The last time Bakery played Kharazim in competitive was in August. That's across multiple regions and half a dozen patches.

Wasn't it you Maledict that criticized Dig for prioritizing Malf so much in the early stages of the meta?

Yes, that was me, and I still absolutely think they were. But that wasn't because Bakery can't play other heroes - they honestly felt he was OP and the best pick, and wanted him over everything else. It was versus Misfits where that pick meant Misfits got to go Ragnaros every time and smashed them with him.

Saying that - Malf being first picked has become a hell of a lot more common over the five weeks of HGC, with multiple teams in multiple regions doing it. So Dif may have been right all along and it was an execution thing more than anything that hurt them.

brian!

Id wager that they are self-conscious about how they tunnel certain styles/feel like their knowledge isn't broad enough to understand stuff they research from places like korea and that this is partially why they flew dunk in (besides it being good in general to have a coach and another set of intelligent eyes).

Like dont be surprised if they bust out lots of hammer during iem lol

brian!

Oh werd, i didnt catch that series.

On tychus, something that could work if they wanted to keep the range change is to switch his d to something like a weaker version of bigger they are, like really emphasize beating up tanks

Alur

I still agree with that random reddit thread a while back.

Minigun should be his Q and Overkill should be the D. Name changes, I mean.

scoobs

Body type checks out

I probably won't be playing much in the next couple of weeks.. Horizon ZD is getting 100% of my focus right meow. Definitely going to watch the Clash this weekend if I can though, I need to see Stukov real badly. Also go team8!

Ketch

Body type checks out

I probably won't be playing much in the next couple of weeks.. Horizon ZD is getting 100% of my focus right meow. Definitely going to watch the Clash this weekend if I can though, I need to see Stukov real badly. Also go team8!

Do you think it's stukov?

he seems like such a b-list shit character. i hope it's something better.

scoobs

Do you think it's stukov?

he seems like such a b-list shit character. i hope it's something better.
He's definitely coming, infested Terran eggs don't exist in this game and they've shown up in two official images already.

Que times for HL are fking garbage these days

just got a HL game in with falstad going Q build with Hinterland, did 90k dmg with 9 kills/zero deaths. Feelsfalstadman

scoobs

So are people actually picking hinterlands blast now and having succes with it? It's a fun ult but there are just so many cases where gust is way more impactful.

Altairre

Valeera in free rotation. Fuck me.

Edit: Alright let's see how it'll go with Murky after the patch.
jO1M9Th.png

I'm okay with this.

Ketch

Rexxar is disgustingly good right now.

He was good before, and then they made him better.

I think my final review of his rework is that it made him a lot more powerful, but has most likely resulted in some must pick talents. Wave clear on Q and the battle momentum on the stun are actually pretty fuckin broken. They are the kind of talents that get removed from other heroes, and will probably be first to go if Rexxar actually takes off in popularity.

brian!

Rexxar def underrated, one the best cc chainers and one of the best li ming enablers

Hard to fit him in on maps that arent 1-4 since hes usually picked up as a solo + you might want more effiicient cc (etc) or waveclear (jo) in the 4 man lane swap maps

So are people actually picking hinterlands blast now and having succes with it? It's a fun ult but there are just so many cases where gust is way more impactful.

I love the new hinterland blast in low level HL games. Don't get me wrong gust is great but it's not very effective in silver hell lol.

With magestad and hinterland I can at least carry because I'll do a crap ton of dmg, rarely die because of his mobility and soak effectively if my team is doing dumb shit like leaving lanes empty.

Kioshen

Maybe it's a concept match using the new hero live in a match with a bunch of all-stars players from the west while a desk of commentators narrate it and explains what it does ... nahhh just a boring presentation with a little rap video from the new producer.

Alur

By tomorrow we actually mean in the middle of the fucking night/early in the AM in NA, right? Cause this thing starts at 3 AM PST/Blizzard time if I'm not mistaken.

Alur

Wow, didn't realize there was a new hero in OW. And a tank no less.

I wonder if we'll really get the progression system announcement? If it's like we think it's gonna be, that'll be so good.

Alavard

https://twitter.com/BlizzHeroes/status/837362177942003712

SC (Protoss?) hero announcement incoming. (This is similar to the tease they did for Auriel)

Definitely a Protoss effect.

Could be any of the following:

- Fenix
- Talandar
- Vorazun
- Selendis
- Rohana
- Karax
- Talis
- Ma'lash

I think it will be either Fenix (most likely), Karax, or Rohana. Talandar doesn't make any sense unless we already have Fenix first, and Vorazun/Selendis have silhouettes very similar to existing Protoss Heroes. And Talis and Ma'lash are too minor of characters.

brian!

i only know fenix
there was also an angry protoss in sc1 but i forgot his name
oh yeah aldaris
latest

oh raszagal would be sick too, leader of dark templar
latest

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Is there a particular chat channel to use when looking for quick AI stomp games for the WoW mount, like there was during the nexus challenge?

Alavard

i only know fenix
there was also an angry protoss in sc1 but i forgot his name
oh yeah aldaris
latest

oh raszagal would be sick too, leader of dark templar
latest

Aldaris is unlikely since he's just a fairly generic Templar, with nothing special about him. Raszagal is notable as the first female Protoss unit we got to see, but otherwise, she's a generic Dark Templar. Plus, we don't exactly need another stealthie right now (which also makes Vorazun that I mentioned earlier unlikely as she's a Dark Templar too).

Edit - Hang on... 'Spin up your warp drives'... Selendis piloted a Protoss Carrier at one point I think in the campaigns.
But the 'thing' warping in looks like a pylon, which would probably mean it's Karax.

Ok, my official prediction is Karax.

latest

He's the first Protoss we've met from the Khalai caste. They're the engineers and technologists of the Protoss.

brian!

i dunno that they need a preset sc character kit to work with, the generics like hammer and medic work pretty well! it gives them more space for creative kits. but yeah they have a lot more easy stuff to mine from sc2 since they are on the same engine

Milly79

I mean how many Protoss do we need? Maltahel, please. Yesterday. Fuck you blizz.

Oh and mage Wars is the brawl this week. Puke. They did knock it down to 2 games this time.

Alavard

i dunno that they need a preset sc character kit to work with, the generics like hammer and medic work pretty well! it gives them more space for creative kits. but yeah they have a lot more easy stuff to mine from sc2 since they are on the same engine

I'm not against a Protoss generic, but if we got one, it would probably be for a good reason. In the case of Morales, there was no Medic hero in SC to draw from. For Sgt Hammer, the character started off as either Edmund Duke or General Warfield (I forget which) and they changed it to have another female character. If we do get a generic Protoss unit, it would probably be for something like a Reaver, or Colossus, which didn't have hero units representing them.

Top Bottom