• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hiphopgamer claims Nintendo also doing pc ports in the future

SNG32

More like their next console would have been emulated two days after release. Because it's Switch Pro.
Not saying that either but he could be on to something. Maybe they might have bit the PC bullet since they seen that there was a million downloads totk. If they don’t want to he known for specs they can always put there games on something that is high specs with PC.

Meryl Streep Doubt GIF

Anything is possible, but I can't see it being a good move for them, doesn't seem like it would fit their model at all.

Last edited:

Go_Ly_Dow

HipHopGamer is a treasure and a relic from the past that must be cherished.

Even if he has no evidence, even if his track record is suspect, even if he's making it up as he goes along you will show him respect.

Last edited:

Majukun

who is this guy and why should we take anything he says seriously?

and by the way, no, I don't see nintendo do PC ports

but who knows, didn't see Sony doing them either

Danknugz

i still rmemebr one of my first emulator experiences was seeing zelda oot running 1024x768 on windows 9x back in like 1998, ever since then whenever i see nintendo games i just want to play them on pc anyway, newer games aren't a problem because my nintendo backlog is so huge. i literally still haven't finished mario sunshine.

Go_Ly_Dow

LoTnUcHoQVO-6lQnLyMfTcJCwecK8YrT1wNuqZnq6L10mqysQ3vS6CHQDqvGHM004J5Y-xXAUg=w2560-fcrop64=1,00005a57ffffa5a8-k-c0xffffffff-no-nd-rj

Looking at some of his vids he had a pretty energetic interview with Phil Spencer recently.

Also he says he played the PS6 at GDC and has some inside track on the plans.

He also is stating halo will come to PS.

We need more HHG threads on GAF and to make HHG great again.

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
Wouldn't be the wildest idea tbh, if they want to combat emulation, they need to target that direct market. Easier to offer a bunch of ports at reasonable price

SNG32

I don’t see it happening yet, but Nintendo would be wise to create their own launcher and release their classics on PC.
Which I can see them trying to do first to dip their toe in but that won’t work because there’s already emulators to play the classics probably better than what Nintendo would offer. So the only thing that could warrant a launcher is if they put switch/switch 2 games on it as well. They could launch switch 2 games on there months later after console release. I mean atleast this strategy stops them from playing wack a mole with switch 2 emulation.

Last edited:

Astray

HipHopGamer is a treasure and a relic from the past that must be cherished.

Even if he has no evidence, even if his track record is suspect, even if he's making it up as he goes along you will show him respect.
Easily the most fun leaker guy around. A legend of the game!

JimboJones

I don't see it happening but it would be cool and I think their Switch consoles would still have immense value with the portability factored in.
Portable PC is still a small market that I don't think it would affect them too much although 10 years from now it might be a different story.
But yeah wishful thinking, loved to be proved wrong though!

nial

Looking at some of his vids he had a pretty energetic interview with Phil Spencer recently.

Also he says he played the PS6 at GDC and has some inside track on the plans.

He also is stating halo will come to PS.

We need more HHG threads on GAF and to make HHG great again.
This is plausible, though.

If they wanted to curb piracy and emulation, this is what they would do, but they won't because their head has been up their ass for 30+ years and they generally feel it works out for them.

I will continue to emulate in the meantime.

bigdad2007

This has been rumored for decades at this point. If the Wii U didn’t make Nintendo go 3rd party I can’t see what would.

Why would Nintendo go 3rd party when the Switch is basically their best selling system and Nintendo is the last 1st party company that has multiple games on the current gen console on the best selling of all time list?

I've got 5 generations of Nintendo games on my PC already. If "Ninty" actually gave a shit about the preservation of their history (and making ALOT of money), well then release to more platforms. There is only gain here.

Hyet

Neo Member
Not gonna happen. 1. They want to protect their IP and the idea of absvling the wider public to create and apply mods should be enough to dissuade them 2. NO WAY I HELL they pay 30% to Steam. They are used to be receiving royalty money, not paying it.

Dafegamer

Not gonna happen. 1. They want to protect their IP and the idea of absvling the wider public to create and apply mods should be enough to dissuade them 2. NO WAY I HELL they pay 30% to Steam. They are used to be receiving royalty money, not paying it.
Who says Steam? Knowing Nintendo, "IF" they decide to release on PC they'd sure as hell release their own Starter.

Top Bottom