• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muzicfreq

Banned
Hmm I think the outfit bug might not be a bug but when you scan enemies you can see what level they are.

EDIT: Nevermind... that test was easy and wow that's OP

ch4fx_

Should I equip a certain mod to my outfit? The ones I have provide resistance to various elements: Fire, freeze, shock, & corruption.

Gorillaz

I'm not there yet, but I just don't see the Ubi comparisons. Or at least not yet. Maybe the Tallnecks have a resemblence to "towers" from what I've seen but its a different and better concept with meaningful reason as to why they are there. They are interactive as heck and its optional. And beautiful to look at in the world of Horizon.

You can hear a tallneck from so far away, even during ffights, I don't know. Its engrossing as fuck to me.

On the edges the way the crafting and some of the camps you have to help out with reminds me alot of Farcry's sysem. I think this game engrosses you better then FC with some of that stuff. Also me saying it reminds me alot of Far Cry 3 and 4 isnt a bad thing because I really enjoyed both besides each games 2nd half.

I really wish we could ride more beasts. I mean, I want to ride a snapmaw and even a thunderjaw and engage with all its might these fucking herds of Tramplers...

How do I control new creatures? I came across one and Aloy says something like finding a way to get control but I have no idea how? I've scanned them but it comes up with nothing.

ch4fx_

Whatever you want to. I guess whichever relates to the enemies that are most difficult for you?

Thank you, just making sure there wasn't a "best" choice. I went with fire resistance since I recently discovered
Bellowbacks
& they're kicking my ass.

Zakalwe

Banned
Thank you, just making sure there wasn't a "best" choice. I went with fire resistance since I recently discovered
Bellowbacks
& they're kicking my ass.

You'll get plenty of mods later so don't worry. Also think of taking the tinker perk, it's quite useful.

Edit: double post, eep!

On the subject of armor, is there any major benefit to the stealth armor? I'm wearing it now, but i'm wondering if going with the anti melee one might be a better option, given how badly melee can wreck you in this game.

Xeteh

Man, dropping some of the medium machines without them getting an attack in is pretty satisfying. Stealth seems kind of broken at times, takes forever for enemies to spot you in tall grass and then if they dodge/jump far enough away they even lose you briefly mid-combat.

zkorejo

Well it's better than nothing lol. Plus the armour is overpowered so end game makes sense.

I guess. I just dont like the game teasing something and by the time you get it, you are done with the game. Hated it in FFXV with that flying regalia, it was useless for me because once I complete the story I hardly go back to that game.

Which is why I have been doing all the side stuff.

Zackat

I wish I had a pro and 4k HDR. It probably looks so fucking good.

I am getting the platinum in this game for sure.

I'll see you guys in the spoiler thread. So many things to talk about that I am still trying to work through.

I have this issue in RPGs where I almost never buy stuff from merchants because I fear it'll become redundant soon when I find something better in the wilds. What do you guys say? Is it worth buying stuff here, or should I wait for items to discover in my adventuring?

How do I get Power cells ? I could open the first door for that armor early one, but it's been 20 hours, and I didn't find any after that

Zackat

I have this issue in RPGs where I almost never buy stuff from merchants because I fear it'll become redundant soon when I find something better in the wilds. What do you guys say? Is it worth buying stuff here, or should I wait for items to discover in my adventuring?
Buy buy buy. Especially the purple bows IMO.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Just buy from merchants, it's not that kind of RPG. It's not so much about the loot statistics, but about the mod slots and the rarity unlocking more arrow types.

Wagram

I finally found the first useful lore book that gives a hint at at least something in the past and it involves something I didn't even think about. Really curious to find out what it was.

I've mapped out the entire world and I only have a handful of sidequests left. Can't wait to plow through the main story and find me some answers.

zkorejo

How do I get Power cells ? I could open the first door for that armor early one, but it's been 20 hours, and I didn't find any after that

You have to find 2 power cells to open the door and 3 to unlock the armor. Total of 5.

You can find 1 in the ruins where Aloy fell down when she was a kid. Other one in that mountain where she wakes up injured after the proving.

The rest 3 are also in locations only story will take you. You will have to look for them in those ruins. Dont get too excited like me because you can only unlock it by the end of the game.

You have to find 2 power cells to open the door and 3 to unlock the armor. Total of 5.

You can find 1 in the ruins where Aloy fell down when she was a kid. Other one in that mountain where she wakes up injured after the proving.

The rest 3 are also in locations only story will take you. You will have to look for them in those ruins. Dont get too excited like me because you can only unlock it by the end of the game.

Ok thanks !

Putty

Even after 20 hrs or so with just 12% completed so far....This is my game of the generation so far...Just gaming perfection on almost all levels...

Xeteh

Just took down my first
Stormbird
, wasn't expecting to fight it but man that fight lasted a while. Fun as hell though.

So my inventory is packed with stuff I've been picking up. Should I be looking to sell some of it? I can't possibly have a use for all of it, can I?

Anything that JUST says "Sell to Merchants" (or something like that), sell.

Not necessarily. Some parts like Watcher Lenses are used for buying outfits.

Ancient debris will say only Sell for Shards
Watcher Lens for example will say Sell for Shards, Trade with Merchants

I'm not in front of my console atm (at work) but when you highlight an item there should be a spot that says "Used For" and under that is tells you what the item is used for. One of the things is "Sell to Merchants for Metal Shards." Those items are junk that you sell. Watcher Lenses say that but also "Trade with Merchants" (or something similar) which means they can be used to buy things

Don't worry about hearts, lenses, and such. Just sell them. You can use the Buy Back option with any merchant to repurchase anything you sold before at the same price. No need to hoard anything not used for crafting.

Skux

Is it even worth using weapon/armour mods early in the game? I get a 6% fire damage mod and that increases damage by like 2 lol. And 6% decreased melee damage will make no difference if you die in three hits (playing on hard).

Raybunny

Just arrived at Meridian and am wondering about getting better weapons or not. 3 slots and another type of ammo might give an edge in some fights. Specially since I saw a thunderjaw outside of it.

Joco

I wonder if Sony/Guerrilla will eventually add the option to purchase the treasure boxes. Not that I'd ever do it, it's just whenever I see a loot box mechanic in a game I fear incoming microtransactions. Hopefully that doesn't happen in Horizon.

Even after 20 hrs or so with just 12% completed so far....This is my game of the generation so far...Just gaming perfection on almost all levels...

Have you not progressed out of the initial zone? I had 32% as I walked into the next city and I hadn't even done anything there yet. Didn't take 20 hours either.

Zakalwe

Banned
I wonder if Sony/Guerrilla will eventually add the option to purchase the treasure boxes. Not that I'd ever do it, it's just whenever I see a loot box mechanic in a game I fear incoming microtransactions. Hopefully that doesn't happen in Horizon.

I was wondering about this. It's a weird decision to include gambling boxes without the MTs. There is a kick from gambling on loot boxes that they could be trying to hook somehow, or this could be remnants of an actual MT system they were planning, or even a way to ease us into MTs in the second game...

I'm not saying it is any of these things, it just seems like an odd design choice.

Ferr986

I may be the only one but I have low money lol wasted a lot on bag upgrades.

Got the precision bow but skipped the war bow (the one with shock arrows). Should I go for it too?

Also found a village with some sidequests, including one about my first Cauldron!

grimmiq

Really starting to feel overpowered now, after killing my 2nd Thunderjaw, I've got my tripcaster with 3 +40% dmg mods, Blast does 565, tested it out on my 3rd Thunderjaw, lined up 4 tripwires, 3 blast traps then lured him with one of the arrows that explodes components off, dropped both his disc launchers, he charged through the traps dropping him to 1/3 HP, ran past him and picked up the launcher, fight lasted maybe 20secs.

I then got cocky and picked a fight with 2 ravagers..and accidentally aggroed 4 of the crab things, and 3 of the birds..Almost died half a dozen times, picked off the crabs with blast wires, used the tearblast arrows to blow the birds out of the sky and finish them off with the Hunter Bow, Tearblasted a Ravager gun off..fuck that thing is powerful, tore through both Ravagers like they were nothing.

Loving this game so far.

Jblanks

Yea this game is incredible. Around 45% done and around 35-40 hours played.

Some random cool things that have happened: Mounted a Charger and charged into another charging Charger, I went flying and they both died. Also, overrided a Tumbler and he used that one attack where he like combusted at the same time another one did and like all 4 Tumblers died. Lastly I was fighting a group of Glinthawks, and one went crashing to the ground so I started running towards it to critical it, and his buddy swoops in and grabs him and takes him further away so I couldn't attack him while he was vulnerable. I wasnt even mad, I was amazed.

silva1991

Tramplers
are some of my favorite machines in the game.

they are so crazy running around me and throwing and bombing shit. It's like a war zone while fighting them.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Lastly I was fighting a group of Glinthawks, and one went crashing to the ground so I started running towards it to critical it, and his buddy swoops in and grabs him and takes him further away so I couldn't attack him while he was vulnerable. I wasnt even mad, I was amazed.
I was wondering if the Glinthawks can do that. I swear one time they took away my mount but I didn't think to save the video so I was never sure if they can.

Skux

The interface is good but there are some pretty clear areas for improvement.

It's pretty silly that you can't add a mod to equipment unless you're in the crafting screen, and can't add a mod to equipment from the mod screen.

Item sorting is pretty poor too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom