• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

E92 M3

Felt so good having negative hype for this game and then playing to find out it's actually amazing. Last time I had negative hype for a game was Destiny and I practically play that every day for the last 3 years lol.

benzy

buvpcu.gif

So I finished the game a couple days ago, and finally took the time to check out all the pics I took while playing. I went in thinking maybe the graphics won't impress me as much anymore since I've spent 30+ hours with the game and already saw the things I took pictures of.

I think I'm even more impressed after looking at the pictures. I really can't believe how good it looks. One picture I have looks like straight up CG, doesn't even seem possible.

Need to get these pics onto my PC asap.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
2 questions:

Is the mount you get when you call one random? I used to get the horse but now I get the...horned horse?

And what triggers tamed animals to come help you? I overrode one of those giant cats (sawtooth?), actually two close together, but they never come to help me later like I saw that crocodile do in the giantbomb quicklook.

2 questions:

Is the mount you get when you call one random? I used to get the horse but now I get the...horned horse?

And what triggers tamed animals to come help you? I overrode one of those giant cats (sawtooth?), actually two close together, but they never come to help me later like I saw that crocodile do in the giantbomb quicklook.
Maybe it's dependent on the nearest type of mount?

As for the Sawtooth, this makes me wonder if they are bugged, I also overrode one and it would not help me, while A crocodile I overrode took out multiple other crocodiles and a couple watchers pretty aggressively.

gfxtwin

Playing this game made me start watching Jurassic Park. This movie never gets old.

Seeing it in theaters as a 9 year old when it was released was quite a thrill that is difficult to even put into words (this video almost conveys the level of excitement). The only thing it needs (hold on to your butts) is a CG re-edit, lucas style, putting feathers on the T-Rex, raptors, Gallimimus, etc. That's it though.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
You know what else is great about this game?

Variable walk speed.

Walk and talk segments are usually the bane of "AAA" games, but I'm not finding them at all abrasive in Horizon.
You can match your walk speed with the NPC, so you're not constantly having to hang back or wait for them up ahead (so stilted and unnatural).

It helps that the dialogue is written in such a sincere and manner. I feel like I want to match the NPC's stride and hear them out, because their words sound heartfelt, and idiosyncrasies fit the setting.

Also, these segments never overstay their welcome. They usually provide just enough exposure and are paced nicely in between more tense moments.

Don't feel too bad, the reward basically turns the game into easy mode even on harder difficulties lol

I'm gonna need it for the platinum. It's one of the trophies, right? (I haven't checked).

I have 3 power cores now, and I've just finished the story quest where
I learn about the Project Zero Dawn.
Have I missed a power core so far?

Kaiken

Banned
Just finished. Bravo, Guerrilla! How you dip you toes to this open world for the first time and knock it right out of the park is beyond amazing. You's should be incredibly proud. Also big credit to Sony for allowing such diversity. I can't wait to hear from more of this world.

hydruxo

I'm gonna need it for the platinum. It's one of the trophies, right? (I haven't checked).

I have 3 power cores now, and I've just finished the story quest where
I learn about the Project Zero Dawn.
Have I missed a power core so far?

Yeah it's a trophy.

You're on track so far. One is in the
Gravehoard
mission, the last is in
The Mountain That Fell
mission.

It should be illegal for a game to look this good.

The usage of color is phenomenal. The only other game I've seen to do it as well is Ori and the Blind Forest.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Maybe it's dependent on the nearest type of mount?

As for the Sawtooth, this makes me wonder if they are bugged, I also overrode one and it would not help me, while A crocodile I overrode took out multiple other crocodiles and a couple watchers pretty aggressively.

Well boo then, I cant do gators yet because Ive only found that first Cauldron.

You are probably correct about the mount being location based.

Yeah it's a trophy.

You're on track so far. One is in the
Gravehoard
mission, the last is in
The Mountain That Fell
mission.

Good to hear, thanks.

I guess I'm all set for platinum. I've finished all the annoying and menial tasks.

Aside from that armor, I only have main story and side quests left to get it.

DesmondGreer

Neo Member
Can anyone me tell me how far in I am without spoiling the story.
I just finished the mission where I had my "meeting" and found out about zero dawn.

Rhaknar

Can anyone tell ME how far I am, I just got to
Meridian
earlier, Ive been doing pretty much everything on the way there, im about level 25 or something and I see people finishing it at 27 and im like "whut?"

Am I halfway or something? Feels halfway.

Kaizer

Banned
Should I be doing the Hunting Ground quests? They all seemed like a bunch of timed-trial stuff & I NEVER do any of the timed trial things in open-world games ever.

Also how far into the game am I? I'm currently Lvl. 21 at 24 hours in. Haven't reached Meridian yet.

Anybody on the bolded? Started doing the Hunting Ground stuff & now I'm Lvl. 23.

Rhaknar

You get a skill point if you get all gold in the first one so I assume its the same for all of them. And there is a sidequest connected to them but you dont need gold for that.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Can anyone tell ME how far I am, I just got to
Meridian
earlier, Ive been doing pretty much everything on the way there, im about level 25 or something and I see people finishing it at 27 and im like "whut?"

Am I halfway or something? Feels halfway.
Nah about 30%.

Anybody on the bolded? Started doing the Hunting Ground stuff & now I'm Lvl. 23.
See above. Just enjoy the game and the main story.

Anybody know of any glitches with the trophies in this game? I just got a trophy, pressed the PS button to check what I did, and it says I didn't get it!? I'm going for a platinum and if this screws me over, Ima be pissed!

Rhaknar

You know who I miss? That psycho
Nil
, where he at? Been doing a lot of
bandit camps since that first one
and the dude hasnt shown up again :(

vypek

You know what else is great about this game?

Variable walk speed.

Walk and talk segments are usually the bane of "AAA" games, but I'm not finding them at all abrasive in Horizon.
You can match your walk speed with the NPC, so you're not constantly having to hang back or wait for them up ahead (so stilted and unnatural).

It helps that the dialogue is written in such a sincere and manner. I feel like I want to match the NPC's stride and hear them out, because their words sound heartfelt, and idiosyncrasies fit the setting.

Also, these segments never overstay their welcome. They usually provide just enough exposure and are paced nicely in between more tense moments.

Yes! Forgot to mention that I liked this before. NPC was actually matching my speed when they were near me. Running or speed walking or slow walking and they kept with my pace

Steroyd

Is there a way to rollback a patch on a digital copy of the game? since the new patch I've been getting graphical glitches and my game has been crashing ever since.

Guerilla unfixed their shit for me trying to fix shit. :(

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Finding out you need three more power cells after using two to open the first door. :(

this_is_bullshit_the_wire.gif

dude i was sooooooooooooooooo mad lol. initially my mindset was "well, they've shown great restraint with the collectibles so far (only a handful of towers and cauldrons); maybe it'll be the same here." nope.

that bait and switch was cruel

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Alright so I'm new at this, how the hell do I fast travel? I had one go at it but now it says I need a fast travel pack. -_-

I haven't used Freeze Arrows at all. Let them burn is my motto..

my fire arrows are disgusting. the one person who was complaining about shooting 40 arrows into something was obviously not using fire arrows. I will gladly unload on a machine and watch it grovel and writhe in smoldering agony before igniting in a blaze of glory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom