• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
ARGH!!! i'm trying to upload some footage from my ps4 to youtube but eveytime it asks me ro synch my account to my youtube account it again asks me to sign in to synch my SEN and youtube account....

help?

geomon

I swear I must've killed over a hundred Snapmaws today and not single one dropped a heart. Fucking random item drops, give me what I need!

how does it tie in? decided to do that quest after I finished the main story. haha

Then it should make more sense to you.
Hologram recording in GAIA PRIME, Elisabet wears the ancient armor to repair the seal and is thus locked outside.

ARGH!!! i'm trying to upload some footage from my ps4 to youtube but eveytime it asks me ro synch my account to my youtube account it again asks me to sign in to synch my SEN and youtube account....

help?

It's been happening all week and it's only an issue with Horizon afaik.

If you port the clip to sharefactory, you'll be able to upload it. Alternatively, copy it to a usb drive and upload it via a computer.

DirtyLarry

I have only gotten to play about an hour or two for about 4 nights since release thanks to a new job that has me working way too many hours, but seriously this game so far is just great. I feel like the variety is way better than any other open world game I have played for how early on I am.

Yeah, there is the whole annoying collect resources aspect (luckily it is fast and it almost always responds to me pressing triangle before I get prompted to do so), but besides that, so far I really feel like I have not repeated anything at all yet. Just hit Level 13 and in no particular order I have
  • Did the whole proving mission
  • Taken out a Bandit Camp
  • Taken out a Cultist camp with corrupted machines
  • Done a skills challenge (The Destroy Machines With Boxes)
  • Climbed To The Top Of A Tall Ass Machine out of Half Life 2
  • Done Several Side Missions none of which I was bored with.
And the list keeps going.

Now that I type it out, the one and only mechanic so far I feel they have used a little too often is the
scan for tracks and follow them.
Other than that, I really feel like it has been pretty damn varied, and more important fun. Albeit it I am still early on as a Level 13, but I also feel like that means I have not seen anything yet as far as the machines themselves.

Just a really well made game it seems for those of us who enjoy the genre. I am hoping this weekend I get to put in a solid 3-4 hour session so I can get in a groove. I have already maxed out a few of my capacity cases as well (weapons, resources and quivers) and am very close to maxing out two more (potions and outfits), so that also means I have done a pretty damn decent amount of just general hunting.

Dragnet

Question about one of the
special vendors
in
Meridian
- he sells a bunch of rando junk that apparently is very valuable to an eccentric vendor. Who/where is that? Completed the game and not come across a single clue as to what thats all about!

91% and level 50

Haven't finished the main story yet.

Also.... Manage to get 4 batteries without any help.

This game is just awesome. I gave up 4 times and never finished The Witcher 3. But this is amazing. The gameplay is so good.

I already have a way to kill every enemy (except those ground things, they are very tricky) and every time is so satisfying to nail a Thunderjaw

Complistic

I love that a bunch of the nora quests's dialogue is altered if you wait to do them until later in the story. I imagine this is sprinkled everywhere but I still haven't completed clearing out the nora's content.

ch4fx_

The quarry side quest....

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!! I was basically in awe with my mouth open the entire fight, the machine looked amazing.

If you haven't done it, go find it.

Animator

Closing to the end now and I can safely say this is one of the best games I played and one I will always remember next to games like Shadow of the Colossus.

One of my favorite things about this game is how it lets you explore areas you discover new without throwing bullshit enemy encounters at you like Uncharted does. That made the game so much more enjoyable and immersive for me. In uncharted you would break into this place nobody has ever been in a thousand years and five steps in you would run into bad guys "who broke in from a tunnel" or some bullshit. Always hated that.

Story is absolutely stellar too, absolutely impressed with how it is told and the quality of writing and acting in the voice files and texts you find.

Hats off to guerilla.

how does it tie in? decided to do that quest after I finished the main story. haha

My mistake. I thought it did I just finished up the game and it doesn't really, not in the way I initially thought.

--

I finished the game with 60 hours on the clock. Phew, what a fucking ride. Yea the combat is great but holy shit, I'm blown away by how smart the story, world building and lore ended up being.

Aloy is fantastic. Combat is top notch, music is great and it's a visual marvel. Game of the gen so far for me which honestly I absolutely was not expecting going in.

One of the few open world games where I didn't get tired of the core combat loop 20-30 hours in and I can just jump around, kill stuff and have fun.

9.5/10 if I had to rate it. There's a lot of stuff I could easily point to as requests for the sequel and just general improvements/fixes but I don't think that hurts the excellent package already present. I absolutely cannot wait a sequel! It's just a stunning new IP with an interesting world, great set of characters and IMO, the hard part for a game like this, the core combat, already executed upon to such a fantastic level.

I swear I must've killed over a hundred Snapmaws today and not single one dropped a heart. Fucking random item drops, give me what I need!

I think you can buy Snapmaw hearts from a seller in Meridian. I've never had too many problems with loot drops, but I do have Scavenger and Scavenger +, so maybe it helps?

More Tear or More damage for a modification on my Bow? Both are purple and good.

Depends on the bow.

Hunter bow - more damage.
Sharpshot bow - more tear.
War bow - neither.

Question about one of the
special vendors
in
Meridian
- he sells a bunch of rando junk that apparently is very valuable to an eccentric vendor. Who/where is that? Completed the game and not come across a single clue as to what thats all about!

The other vendor is just around the corner.

help?

Thought it was just me. Finally had to use a flash drive to move my video to my laptop and upload it manually.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so after 20 hours, I think this videogame is pretty good.

put that on the cover :3

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Just a word of warning - there are some towns you never have to visit that have sidequests that you apparently can't do after you start the "end game". IT's annoying because I just lost 1-2 hours of gameplay and have to replay the whole sequence again if I want to do those quests.

SlickVic

On the 'City of the Sun' quest, felt a bit jarring going from
forests and snowy mountains to what looks like the American southwest
. Makes me all the more curious to find out where the game is actually set.

jdstorm

Banned
More Tear or More damage for a modification on my Bow? Both are purple and good.

Which bow? On the regular shadowhunter bow go tear.
Quick firing hardpoint arrows that will tear parts off in 1 or 2 shots is the best or unlock tinker and play around with it.

Branson

Which bow? On the regular shadowhunter bow go tear.
Quick firing hardpoint arrows that will tear parts off in 1 or 2 shots is the best or unlock tinker and play around with it.
Shadow Hunter. I bought it pretty early and it's ripped through stuff but right now I just unlocked Tinker and was re arranging mods. Hardpoint Arrows destroy stuff.

Venture

I'm sure this has been complained about a hundred times, but I just started and it's frustrating that with all the customization options you can't turn off the floating quest markers. Should've been at the top of the list. Otherwise the dynamic HUD is great. I've always wanted something like this in more games.

jdstorm

Banned
Shadow Hunter. I bought it pretty early and it's ripped through stuff but right now I just unlocked Tinker and was re arranging mods. Hardpoint Arrows destroy stuff.

You want to go 3 Tear mods on the shadowhunter bow because

1. Hardpoint arrows + Mods do more Tear damage then Tear Arrows without mods.

2. Hardpoint arrows are much cheaper then tear arrows

3. You can rapidfire the Shadowhunter bow extremely quickly.

The Sharpshooter bow you can also go Tear or Damage mods, but its a situational weapon. You wont need it much in any encounter vs Robots.

Branson

You want to go 3 Tear mods on the shadowhunter bow because

1. Hardpoint arrows + Mods do more Tear damage then Tear Arrows without mods.

2. Hardpoint arrows are much cheaper then tear arrows

3. You can rapidfire the Shadowhunter bow extremely quickly.

The Sharpshooter bow you can also go Tear or Damage mods, but its a situational weapon. You wont need it much in any encounter vs Robots.

Sounds OP. And that's a good thing.

But yeah I only really use ShartShot against humans in a stealth situation from a distance.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Whats the deal with the war bow? I didnt buy any yet and havent seen a purple.

What's different about it?

Wow glad I'm not the only 1 with a YouTube issue!!

Got a question how would people feel if the sequal added 3 or 4 unique boss fights?

As in things you only come across that time only

The game does have the DeathBringer where you fight it a couple of times in missions only which is nice.

Like the game already has Psuedo boss battles which did the game just fine.

But for a sequal I'd be interested in seen them do proper boss fights not a lot and have the Psuedo boss battles in between

jdstorm

Banned
Wow glad I'm not the only 1 with a YouTube issue!!

Got a question how would people feel if the sequal added 3 or 4 unique boss fights?

As in things you only come across that time only

The game does have the DeathBringer where you fight it a couple of times in missions only which is nice.

Like the game already has Psuedo boss battles which did the game just fine.

But for a sequal I'd be interested in seen them do proper boss fights not a lot and have the Psuedo boss battles in between

Would seem like a waste. If all that effort is going into making cool giant robot bosses then you may as well reuse them. Especially in a boss rush type leadup to the final boss.

Rhaknar

They're shock,freeze and corruption (only shadow though) arrows. You use the former two to ignite sparker and freeze canisters respectively

Son of a bitch, thats where those arrows are. Is there a shadow warbow then? If so where?

LiK

Made some more progress in the main story. OMFG, the writing is so good and so well presented. I love it so much.

So I did my third Cauldron, the one in the
southwest on the map, which just basically human enemies

Gotta say, I really love this game but that was just so boring and not fun, especially comparing it to the other Cauldrons I did. Hope my remaining ones arent like that.

LiK

I need a goddamn Fox skin for unlimited fast travel. I killed like 10 I could find and all I get are bones. Fuck this RNG.

Still early in the game, had an encounter with bellowback. Whats the best way of taking them down? Their liquid tank doesn't explode with arrows.

Holy shit, just killed the
Rockbreaker
in the quarry. Pain in the ass fight until I heard Aloy say I should quiet down, lol. I think I'd even read that on here earlier. I was not expecting the fight right then though. Killed that bastard with a sweet finishing blow
slow motion shot to the fuel sac as he was breaching high up in the air - ending him in a massive explosion
. Damn I love this game.

Kin5290

Depends on the bow.

Hunter bow - more damage.
Sharpshot bow - more tear.
War bow - neither.

The other vendor is just around the corner.
War Bow - 2 or 3 frost mods can instantly freeze most enemies with a tripleshot, if you're not one to cheese the Corruption mechanic.
Still early in the game, had an encounter with bellowback. Whats the best way of taking them down? Their liquid tank doesn't explode with arrows.
Freeze the Fire Bellowbacks with a sling (one or 2 bombs should do) or war bow and then shoot their dorsal sac with high damage arrows (precision if you don't have tear) until it explodes. If it is still up, then refreeze and then repeat with its gullet (throat area) sac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom