• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
all bandit camps and cauldrons done, cant find any more errands or sidequests, guess its time to finish up. Have one corrupted zone left but its in the northwest part where the Main quest will take me.

I did the
Erend / Sun King
main questline, and on the other one,
Makers End, I need to go see the ruins where olin found the picture of the woman that looks like me
. How far is that from the end story wise?

all bandit camps and cauldrons done, cant find any more errands or sidequests, guess its time to finish up. Have one corrupted zone left but its in the northwest part where the Main quest will take me.

I did the
Erend / Sun King
main questline, and on the other one,
Makers End, I need to go see the ruins where olin found the picture of the woman that looks like me
. How far is that from the end story wise?

50% more or less.

Wollan

The 'Acquired Taste' NPC was real interesting. Very well voiced. Will definitely be a returning character. Something nasty coming for Horizon 2...

I can't seem to find a song on the spotify soundtrack that always plays in the desert area. It has some sort of guitar riff and a slow build up but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Bugs the hell out of me.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
the
voice on your ear
warns me not to go to
Sunfall
, will that mess up anything story wise? theres a sidequest (well, errand) nearby

the
voice on your ear
warns me not to go to
Sunfall
, will that mess up anything story wise? theres a sidequest (well, errand) nearby
iirc it doesn't close anything off permanently. That's not the last mission, it just sets you on a mission that you can't stop for an hour or two. There's another, final point of no return, but it'll be pretty obvious when it comes.

TsuWave

just massacred a stormbird without taking damage from them (wasn't using shield weaver armor). felt so good.

edit - where do you get/activate "acquired taste" side quest? i haven't done that one.

just massacred a stormbird without taking damage from them (wasn't using shield weaver armor). felt so good.

edit - where do you get/activate "acquired taste" side quest? i haven't done that one.

17191937_10212406034815047_7011496928886066000_o_zpskdoc0hsg.jpg
Here you go bud

Just a few more trophies and I'll finally get my plat

mamoui

the
voice on your ear
warns me not to go to
Sunfall

You went there without a quest right? That's what I did. If you keep going, the game will stop you, you're safe.

Has anyone else rewatched the E3 footage after playing through the game? What stuck out most to me is that there were roaming Tallnecks in both of the trailers. Tallnecks were always shown as more than one at a time. Of course, in the game there is never more than one at a time.

Why do you think that aspect ended up changing? Were they always meant to be the Ubisoft radio towers of the game, or could they have been more standard machines at some point in development?

Rhaknar

You went there without a quest right? That's what I did. If you keep going, the game will stop you, you're safe.

yeah been cleaning up before I carry on with the story, as I tend to do in these games :/

by the way the last Cauldron (well, last for me anyway) was super disapointing, its so small (
its the one with the thudnerjaw at the end
) :(

thank you! just looked at my completion and its at 97.82% i think this side quest and a couple audio datapoints are the only things i'm missing.

hmm don't think I can muster the patience to find all the datapoints in one sitting, maybe I'll do them in short bursts. As for the aforementioned quest, I think you'll enjoy it

Has anyone else rewatched the E3 footage after playing through the game? What stuck out most to me is that there were roaming Tallnecks in both of the trailers. Tallnecks were always shown as more than one at a time. Of course, in the game there is never more than one at a time.

Why do you think that aspect ended up changing? Were they always meant to be the Ubisoft radio towers of the game, or could they have been more standard machines at some point in development?
Leaked concept art showed some hunters ropecasting a tallneck to bring it down and another concept art showed a dino that didn't make it to the game, suchomimus.

Dabi

GG if you're reading this....

When I shoot a shock arrow into a river, I expect every goddamn Snapmaw to get electrocuted.

Small gripe tho aha this game is amazing.

Probably just had it like that for demo purposes.

thank you! just looked at my completion and its at 97.82% i think this side quest and a couple audio datapoints are the only things i'm missing.

Not sure if you want to go for everything anyway, but in terms of getting 100%, I don't believe datapoints count toward the completion percentage. I'm pretty sure it's just the elements listed on the Game Progression page. There's 12 audio datapoints I didn't get and I'm at 100%.

TsuWave

Guys, I just received and exclusive theme for Platinum Horizon. I got it on my email.

oh that's really cool. i platted it yesterday so hopefully i luck out and get that too. been a while since i liked a game this much, actually have a horizon screensaver.

finally bought a ropecaster and omg what a difference dealing with those flying machines. feel like a boss now! those big alligator machines though....i hate them so much. discovered my first thunderjaw and noped right on by it. i'll take it on later.

mokeyjoe

There were also roaming tallnecks in the intro with baby Aloy iirc.

I don't know if they changed it, but i don't think roaming tallnecks would add much.

I'd definitely be up for bigger, more SotC type battles in a sequel.

i didn't follow the game too closely but i thought they'd be just like every other machine and we could fight them but now you just have them spread out and the only purpose as far as i can tell is to climb them to get a view of the map and find new points of interest. reminds me of assassin's creed viewpoints.

I have max tear on hardpoints and just rack up three arrows and knock the disc launchers off of the Thunderjaws in one hit.

Unlocking the multi-arrow really ratchets up your power level.

Aloy is wonderful. She's one of my favorite video game characters of all time.

Young, white, woman with red and/ or brown hair, and a bow and arrow is so specific, and it has still somehow been done over and over again lately. Right off the top of my head there is Aloy, Ellie from The Last of Us, Lara Croft, Katniss from Hunger Games, and whatever her name is from Brave.

I just keep picturing a bunch of white dudes around a conference table agreeing that it's a proven design that makes sound financial sense.

Young, white, woman with red and/ or brown hair, and a bow and arrow is so specific, and it has still somehow been done over and over again lately. Right off the top of my head there is Aloy, Ellie from The Last of Us, Lara Croft, Katniss from Hunger Games, and whatever her name is from Brave.

I just keep picturing a bunch of white dudes around a conference table agreeing that it's a proven design that makes sound financial sense.

But can they take down a robotic T-Rex?
;)

Only Lara Croft is the MC of her game and the weapon she is known for is her twin guns .
Plus this not taking into account the story or the world it self which as GG said was a hard sell .

Got the Platinum Trophy but no theme for me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom