• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
2 trophies left, blizzard outside.
Great day ahead!

-EDIT-
Also..if anyone goes for the Power Cell/Armor trophy just give in and use a guide. The cell in
GAIA
is almost impossible to find.

Funny enough I actually stumbled onto that cell even before entering that facility proper. I think I skyrim'ed my way up the side of a mountain into a room which is supposed to be accessible on the way back at the end of the mission.

Had to use a guide to see that there's a cell in the
mother's temple
as well, completely missed it first time through and had to get it much later in the game.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Stealth suit with stealth purple mods and silent sprint

tumblr_nxd4t2yONj1tggtypo3_400.gif

JJShadow

Do you guys know what's my favourite weapon in the game? The fucking Ravager cannon, wrecking Behemoths and Thunderjaws in 5 seconds while using it never gets old

GlamFM

Banned
Anyone know what patch 1.04 does? Just update now.

PATCH 1.04
We’re pleased to announce that Patch 1.04 for Horizon Zero Dawn has been released today. This patch fixes a number of progression and technical issues, detailed below. Please be aware that this list may contain several spoilers.

FIXES

Main Quests
Fixed an issue in “The Proving” where one of the attackers would fall down the slope.
Fixed an issue in “The Womb of the Mountain” where the spear would not be in Aloy’s inventory if players opened a treasure box with a DLC item before retrieving Aloy’s weapons. Note: Players who have already encountered the issue will need to reload from a game saved prior to this quest.
Fixed an issue in “A Seeker at the Gates” where players would be able to enter the gates of Mother’s Watch when fast-traveling to this location.
Fixed an issue in “A Seeker at the Gates” where the quest objective would not update from “Go to the Carja Border Fort” to “Kill the corrupted machines”.
Fixed an issue in “A Seeker at the Gates” where players could not progress through the Carja Fort.
Fixed an issue in “The City of the Sun” where Erend wouldn’t spawn after the dialogue with him ended if players rushed past the civilians on the bridge.
Fixed an issue in “The Sun Shall Fall” where players couldn’t return to Dervahl if they fast-traveled during the objective “Talk to Dervahl”.
Fixed an issue in “The Grave Hoard” where skipping the conversation with Sylens at the end of the quest and immediately restarting would prevent “To Curse the Darkness” from starting.
Fixed an issue in “Deep Secrets of the Earth” where players couldn’t enter the bunker if they fast-traveled away from the objective after they had interacted with the bunker.
Fixed an issue in “The Terror of the Sun” where Aloy would respawn in an empty arena after being killed by the Behemoth. Note: Players who have already encountered the issue will need to go to Sunfall, at which point they will be teleported back into the arena to continue the quest.

Side Quests and Activities
Fixed an issue in “Hunter’s Blind” where the objective would not update after talking to Talanah.
Fixed an issue in “Hunter’s Blind” where players could kills the Glinthawks before the actual objective was triggered.
Fixed an issue in “The Foreign Lands” where players could already deliver the bow to Lakhir before being instructed to do so.
Fixed an issue in “Fatal Inheritance” where the objective would fail to update after disabling the lure device and speaking with Ranaman during the quest.
Fixed an issue in “Blood on Stone” where the Rockbreaker would not surface correctly if players fast-traveled from and to the quest area just before the start of the sequence.
Fixed an issue in “Death from the Skies” where the Stormbird objective would remain active after deactivating the lures and fast-traveling from and to the quest area.
Fixed an issue in “Redmaw” where Redmaw would be alive again if players left the quest area during the objective “Talk to Ahsis”.
Fixed an issue in “Redmaw” where the marker for the objective “Talk to Ahsis” would be invisible outside of the quest area.

Game Systems
Fixed an issue where exploration music would drop out after a long period of play.
Fixed an issue where Aloy could become ‘stuck’ in her sliding animation.
Fixed miscellaneous issues to improve the overall play experience.

Please download Horizon Zero Dawn patch 1.04 and let us know what you think. We’ll continue to work on further fixes for and enhancements to the game based on your comments. In the meantime, keep an eye on this space for the latest Horizon Zero Dawn news and updates!

Sanctuary

Fixed miscellaneous issues to improve the overall play experience.

Since it's not specifically mentioned, hopefully they fixed the obnoxiously intrusive tutorials that never quit, and they also fixed issues where when you're in an interior area that has audio logs, or holograms that start their audio playback when you approach and Aloy (or whoever she's talking to) start talking as well. It's pretty much impossible to make out what they are saying without subtitles, and this isn't an infrequent issue.

J-Skee

Vanasha is bae.

EDIT: Umm, so the main mission D
eep Secrets of the
E
arth
is this the endgame? Sylens made it seem like it's so.

Haha yea I think you took my opposite meaning haha but still, be ready. And yea, really good amount of stuff about to happen.
it's more of a you won't be back for awhile thing

danthefan

I can rarely afford to buy full price games but unexpectedly got a bonus from work today so ordered this immediately.

Anything I really need to know going in? Cannot wait to start, everything I've read and seen has basically been universal in praise.

J-Skee

Its not, but be prepared. Also that mission is EFFING DOPE. I finished it last night and was just in love with everything they did there.

Haha yea I think you took my opposite meaning haha but still, be ready. And yea, really good amount of stuff about to happen.
it's more of a you won't be back for awhile thing

Damn, you guys got me I'm hyped now. I just wanna do it, but if I have to be that prepared, I'm gonna step away for a little bit.

I can rarely afford to buy full price games but unexpectedly got a bonus from work today so ordered this immediately.

Anything I really need to know going in? Cannot wait to start, everything I've read and seen has basically been universal in praise.

Honestly not really, there's nothing miss able etc. Just have a really good time! Remember to stop at fires to save, tinker with the difficulty and the HUd options, those are really good. Probably the thing I see most is experiment! Purchase the different weapons as soon as you can and have fun experimenting with your playstyle, lots of good ways to engage the game.

Also, don't worry and pace yourself and play at your own speed. It's taken me two full weeks playing every day to get towards the end, but seems everyone has had a great time engaging at the level they want to.

Damn, you guys got me I'm hyped now. I just wanna do it, but if I have to be that prepared, I'm gonna step away for a little bit.

I just love everything after
Maker's End
and the stuff it sets up. Every mission since has been fantastic, and where you're at is awesome.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
PATCH 1.04
We’re pleased to announce that Patch 1.04 for Horizon Zero Dawn has been released today. This patch fixes a number of progression and technical issues, detailed below. Please be aware that this list may contain several spoilers.

FIXES

Side Quests and Activities
Fixed an issue in “Hunter’s Blind” where the objective would not update after talking to Talanah.

Encountered this progression breaking bug but managed to solve it by reloading and finishing that quest with the first of the two possible outcomes instead. Glad it got fixed though for others not at that point yet.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Do you guys know what's my favourite weapon in the game? The fucking Ravager cannon, wrecking Behemoths and Thunderjaws in 5 seconds while using it never gets old

Mine too. I love how it just shoots off every single metal plate and component off a dinobot. It's easily the best gun in the game.

krae_man

I went around collecting all the collectables last night and I got stuck in geometry a couple times and had a hard crash.

I also saw a dead mechadeer floating above ground.

Found a few more sidequests in the process going by towns I hadn't visited yet. Won't be able to put off completing the main story much longer.

Since it's not specifically mentioned, hopefully they fixed the obnoxiously intrusive tutorials that never quit, and they also fixed issues where when you're in an interior area that has audio logs, or holograms that start their audio playback when you approach and Aloy (or whoever she's talking to) start talking as well. It's pretty much impossible to make out what they are saying without subtitles, and this isn't an infrequent issue.
yeah that was irritating

JBwB

Just finished it now and got the platinum as well. 55 hours logged. I really liked how they ended it.

All in all it was a bloody amazing game, loved every bit of it. The gameplay was incredibly fun and the story & world were much, much better than what I was expecting. Aloy and most of the main and side characters were awesome as well.

9.5 / 10 from me. Cannot wait for a potential sequel!

jwick

Unconfirmed Member
Hooooly shit.

Just took that first Thunderjaw down.

After countless fails this is how it went down (playing on Very Hard):

>Tear blasted the disc launchers from afar.
>Closed in, hard point arrows to the radar.
>Hide.
>Plant blast trap.
>Shoot tripcaster blast wires from ground to rock face to account for its height.
>RUN TO THE DISC LAUNCHER
>COME AT ME MOTHERFUCKERRRRR
*explosions*
>Sonuvabitch brute forced its way through ALL my traps, eats both disc launchers and lost 90% of its armor, including face and tail... STILL not dead.

>Quick focus scan his blaze pack
>Run up cliff and jumpshot it with a fire arrow
>Watch it limp and burn to death.

*��All Combat Machines Killed*

�� This game y'all...

Edit:

I forgot to save the fucking clip...

Tip: If you get the freeze effect on them before going nuts with the Disc launcher you can just about down it with just 1 launcher, it does that much more damage.

kvn

They could really make her talk to herself less imho.

I only wear one outfit with very rare melee resistance mods.

All i wear now is the armor you get from the power cell mission and the shadow stalwart but when my wife watches she gets to pick and they all have different looks.

PThe Sparkworker heavy looks dumb with that bowl on her head but the light version is basic/scrappy looking.

danthefan

Honestly not really, there's nothing miss able etc. Just have a really good time! Remember to stop at fires to save, tinker with the difficulty and the HUd options, those are really good. Probably the thing I see most is experiment! Purchase the different weapons as soon as you can and have fun experimenting with your playstyle, lots of good ways to engage the game.

Also, don't worry and pace yourself and play at your own speed. It's taken me two full weeks playing every day to get towards the end, but seems everyone has had a great time engaging at the level they want to.

Great thank you, sounds right down my street.

JJShadow

Also check you have plenty of free space in your internal storage for screenshots, you will be using the photo mode every 10 minutes. Enjoy the game!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
All i wear now is the armor you get from the power cell mission and the shadow stalwart but when my wife watches she gets to pick and they all have different looks.

PThe Sparkworker heavy looks dumb with that bowl on her head but the light version is basic/scrappy looking.

I use the medium stealth outfit because the heavy one doesn't look at good. I like the little cutaway sections on the arms too.

(As soon as I get the power armour I'll use that)

TsuWave

unlock the "tinkerer" skill as soon as possible. like literally that's the skill you need to set out to unlock from the go

One thing I havent thought about until now......is this the most stable, glitch-free open world game in recent memory?

Ive only experienced a few minor annoyances with enemies getting stuck on the geometry but nothing else that I can remember. No freezing, no graphical hitches, nothing. Its still mind blowing that this is Guerrilla's first foray into open world games.

Ok this mission where you
take revenge with the nora
started out promising but ends up being pretty bad. Mainly because the last stronghold has infinitely spawning enemies. I literally killed about 100 before realizing their number weren't going to go down and I have an irrational HATRED for unending waves unless you pass through a special trigger point. Also not a fan of the mission where you find
Olin
mainly because the two corruptors are annoying rather than hard. It's just a process of slowly grinding their health down which isn't fun to me. Hitting weak points barely does damage unless I'm doing something wrong because right now everyone is an arrow sponge yet I die in a few hits.

I really like the mechanics and lore but the story and difficulty spikes are souring me a bit. Will keep playing.

Duuuuude. Heavy shadow stalwart is the best looking armor in the game.

I had shield weaver as soon as you could unlock it but stuck with shadow stalwart through the final main quest missions because it looks so cool.

started out promising but ends up being pretty bad. Mainly because the last stronghold has infinitely spawning enemies. I literally killed about 100 before realizing their number weren't going to go down and I have an irrational HATRED for unending waves unless you pass through a special trigger point. Also not a fan of the mission where you find
Olin
mainly because the two corruptors are annoying rather than hard. It's just a process of slowly grinding their health down which isn't fun to me. Hitting weak points barely does damage unless I'm doing something wrong because right now everyone is an arrow sponge yet I die in a few hits.

I really like the mechanics and lore but the story and difficulty spikes are souring me a bit. Will keep playing.

Freeze is super effective. Freeze and then unleash with the highest damage weapon you have, it usually ~triples the damage. Otherwise, fire is generally pretty good against corrupted also.

unlock the "tinkerer" skill as soon as possible. like literally that's the skill you need to set out to unlock from the go

Thats a good piece of advice actually. I didn't bother getting it until about half way through the skill tree just because I didn't fuss about my mods until I started getting purples, but good advice.

Managed to take a Thunderjaw in 40 seconds there. Not quite up there with the best but I'll take it! The acquired tastes quest is a really good way to run the gauntlet one more time before I head for the end missions!

Stealth suit with stealth purple mods and silent sprint

tumblr_nxd4t2yONj1tggtypo3_400.gif
I really need to find a place to farm Bellowbacks so I can get a Bellowback heart so I can get the heavy stealth suit, so I can put to two stealth mods into it. I hunt using the stealth outfit. I'm running around like this:
tumblr_lgyg7eNk7V1qgmgjuo1_500.gif

Yup..you look like a super hero in it.

Right, and it seems like the hands down choice, narratively speaking, with how the tail end of the main quest goes. Easily the most appropriate.

I know it's beating a dead horse at this point, but I really did not care much for the majority of armors in this game aesthetically speaking. I get the designs are probably "canonically correct" for what the world would have been like then, but they still mostly made me feel dumb as a player. Carja blazon is a close second or third, but why is her stomach showing? That seems like a good way to get a fatal laceration.

Carja silkis looked okay, but not something you'd adventure around in. And the rest look like various forms of rags....

Right, and it seems like the hands down choice, narratively speaking, with how the tail end of the main quest goes. Easily the most appropriate.

I know it's beating a dead horse at this point, but I really did not care much for the majority of armors in this game aesthetically speaking. I get the designs are probably "canonically correct" for what the world would have been like then, but they still mostly made me feel dumb as a player. Carja blazon is a close second or third, but why is her stomach showing? That seems like a good way to get a fatal laceration.

Carja silkis looked okay, but not something you'd adventure around in. And the rest look like various forms of rags....

Agreed. Most armor is not very visually appealing. For a lot of them, its hard to even notice a difference.

daveo42

Banned
Olin

Soak them in fire or freeze them. Either will add to your damage. Make sure once an element is applied, switch to your high impact arrows and just shove arrows down its throat. Also, what for when they overload, as they have weak points pop out of their bodies you can hit for additional damage.

Tbh, Corrupters and Death Bringers are easier to deal with than standard corrupted robots, with the latter being a ton of fun to fight.

Romez

Just left the sacred lands and ran into a bird machine which I thought was a Glinthawk lol

Took quarter of its health away, saw that I'm running out of ammo/resources, scanned it and realised it was a Stormbird and noped it out of there so quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom