• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whew. Fanboys are attacking the Metacritic user score.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/horizon-zero-dawn?ref=hp

190 negative...
Also...
Open world... What can I say? This game was just as boring as The Elder Scrolls VI: Skyrim, Fallout 4, Uncharted 4, Assassin's Creed Syndicate, Grand Theft Auto V, Far Cry Primal, etc... If you make an open world, please don't fill it with pointless quests or collectibles.
giphy.gif

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Hype levels are off the goddamn charts!!! :D

(Sorry for shitty camera quality, pretty sure my camera is dying on my phone.)

How is the statue? Does it look good/how is the quality? I'm kiiiiinda tempted to get that edition just because I like wasting money on figures :p

Nothing like a threatened Zelda fanboy to generate some amusement.

Edit: Oh not even just that but some dude offended by inclusion and diversity. Even better, and of course, sadder.

Ikr, I really appreciate the effort they put on these comments. I really don't understand why it is hard to accept something. Just unbelievable

I can't play this game.

I don't know why they included a photo mode.

I can't stop myself from taking screenshots.

I need help.

Oddly enough, I was so engaged with actually playing that I never paused to take a single photo despite how everything looked good. LOL

Those damn Scrappers...I was not ready.

So true. Gave me my first death. Poor Aloy never saw the laser attack coming. XD

jrcbandit

Does it take awhile to install or is my PS4 Blu-ray drive defective? The first time I put in my Nioh disc it wasn't recognized and now Horizon is taking like 12-15 minutes to install after I put the disc in.

How is the HDR? I'm currently by-passing HDR because I'm using the PSVR Breakout box and never bothered to use HDR in other games because of it.

Okay so I got the game on disc and installed it, but it's not starting? I try to launch it and it shows a loading screen then goes back to the dash and loops back and forth ad infinitum?

EDIT: WHOOPS NEVERMIND JUST NEEDED TO RESTART MY PS4

Okay so I got the game on disc and installed it, but it's not starting? I try to launch it and it shows a loading screen then goes back to the dash and loops back and forth ad infinitum?
It has a large initial install

Also this engine is incredible. First party studio wizards. Death stranding is in good hands lol

jwhit28

I don't understand what kind of magic GG did to achieve these visuals.

The in-game character models. The emotion on Aloys face. Just everything. Holy shit.

Kojima picked a winner. Speaking of Kojima, Aloy might be better at stealth kills than Big Boss. My only complaint visually would be that there isn't enough variation in kill animations.

Oddly enough, I was so engaged with actually playing that I never paused to take a single photo despite how everything looked good. LOL

So true. Gave me my first death. Poor Aloy never saw the laser attack coming. XD

They indirectly gave me my first death as well. I was trying to pick one of them off from a cliff and accidentally pressed the melee button and fell. :/

Trash. Waste of air. Useless human being

Someone gave 0 and then said go and buy Zelda instead. What kind of a joke is this ???

1aef98647f95141f0bf02c8ebd00d794.png

Bwahahahahah

Too good.

Nothing like a threatened Zelda fanboy to generate some amusement.

Edit: Oh not even just that but some dude offended by inclusion and diversity. Even better, and of course, sadder.

Totally expected at least one of those zeros to be from a Zelda weirdo lol

Most of them are probably more about the whole "RRRREEEEEE feemales" thing though, but fuck if I'm gonna waste my time reading anything by these garbage people

Cody is a Nintendo Fanatic Fanboy, look at the rest of his reviews.

Nintendo game all 10s, non-nintendo game all 0s

Makes me wonder what these people will be willing to do if Nintendo ever go the way of SEGA. My god!

iamcenok

I'm loving this game so much. It. Is. So. Damn. Gorgeous.
I feel the casting choices for some of the voices and most of the dialogue written is pretty terrible, but it hasn't soured my experience.

wbEMX

My GameStop was allowed to sell it since today, so I snagged it with the 9,99 € trade-in.
hor.jpg

Now how do I play this and Zelda simultaneously...

I'm sure it's a yes, but:

Stuff like watcher lens/scrapper lens is stuff I should just trade, correct?

Not necessarily. Some armor and weapon upgrades require machine lenses and hearts as part of the transaction. I would say hold onto them until the merchants' stock starts getting bigger, then take a look.

1aef98647f95141f0bf02c8ebd00d794.png

Bwahahahahah

Too good.

It's really too bad you read stuff like this in many metacritic user reviews for many different games. I remember reading on on FFXV where the person was describing the demo and said he wouldn't buy the game and I am like, "You haven't played it...and yet you're giving it a score..."

Which is a shame because there are a fair few who put effort and a lot of honesty in their submissions to the site. It really comes down to finding people who give an informative opinion and work off that.

I know my own opinion. I like Horizon. I don't need another review to confirm my feelings on it. Play what you like and enjoy! No need to tear down another game just to make your own opinion of a game more valid. :)

Interesting, when I did that quest they all had their backs turn eating (or scrapping) on already dead Scrappers. I just silent striked them one by one

Lure call and silent strike make taking them down too easy.

Well my problem was that I went to lure call, but didn't realize I had my rock selected...I proceeded to throw a rock about three feet in front of me alerting them all. I was also just kind of marveling at the Scrappers ranged attacks. The second time I played I just killed the one Scrapper and ran the hell away afterwards haha.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Now how do I play this and Zelda simultaneously...

I'll have that dilemma starting Friday as well. I definitely want to start Zelda then to check it out (not until evening as I have meetings all day at work), but not sure if I'll just alternate between them, or put one aside after that (probably Zelda as I'm more hyped for Horizon) until I finish one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom