• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
untitle32xpk2n.gif

aloysiuj3j.gif

Can someone tell me:

Early game (but major spoiler, do not read if you are still the starting area).

After you proving and everything that went down, afterwards you are told that Rost was buried at his home where he raised you. So I figured I'd go up there before setting out into the world for Aloy to pay her respects and when I go there I don't see any grave site or anything, am I missing something or did they overlook this??? Seems like a fairly major thing to just not have, especially since they tell you about it....

That's actually really weird,
because a grave stone and small decorations appear later in the game. Maybe at that point they haven't been created yet.

ngower

Played for 2-4 hours today. At about 13% completion per the stats page. The open world is contained enough where it doesn't feel like the Witcher or Skyrim or whatever where I get overwhelmed. Haven't had too many major fights yet or something that's truly challenged me, but I'm kinda enjoying the pacing.

III-V

Playing on the Pro, this game does look incredible.

Playing on the 1080p 100" projector as the wife wanted to watch, but I will get some time with 4K/HDR soon enough. My 2.5 yo was amazed to see dinosaur like robots.

Glad to see that you actually get fucked up on Very Hard.

For people who've played a fair bit, how high does your level get? I'm trying to figure out what to invest in. I really want the tinkerer skill so that I can re-use some of the very rare mods I have but I'll need to put in another 5 points there and it seems like I'm gonna need a bunch of the stealth stuff for QOL

I think you can get all skill in 1 playthrough. not sure though

kyser73

Played for about 8-9 hours so far and am already near the end of the game with only 5 quests remaining. I thought this was suppose to be an RPG with RPG length main quest or Zelda length adventure game. You barely have any quests set in cities/towns/villages.

I like the story but I feel like they should have dwelled a lot more into the current stuff with tribes and all than the past tech stuff wrt. story. Also not enough side quests, lots of errands though (basically all the fetch quests like stuff have their own category)

How did you manage that? I've got 4.5 hours & have just got the takeover widget so just leaving the start area, and I've done 1 main story and the Sawtooth side quest.

Just finished the opening section of the game. Very impressive visuals. Love the UI and all the neat HUD effects going on. Slick.

The child faces look creepy as fuck though. Like weird and unsettling.

Is it just me or are all the armor designs so lame looking? I'm hoping there's a lot more options later on in the game.

Is it just light armor? That's all i've seen from vendors in the beginning areas. I'm hoping we can buy medium and heavy armor.

There are medium and heavy options, more outfits unlock later on, but a few of them are lame as heck. There's like 3 options light, medium, and heavy that look awesome to me and that's about it. I'm 38% done with the game btw to give you an indication.

ironcreed

Banned
I am completely enthralled. No other game has captured the feeling of a long fallen world that has been reclaimed by nature better. The ruins have such a sense of place and history and it feels as if something horribly wrong happened. It's so alive and feels like it has a story to tell. The world itself is a main character.

Played for about 8-9 hours so far and am already near the end of the game with only 5 quests remaining. I thought this was suppose to be an RPG with RPG length main quest or Zelda length adventure game. You barely have any quests set in cities/towns/villages.

I like the story but I feel like they should have dwelled a lot more into the current stuff with tribes and all than the past tech stuff wrt. story. Also not enough side quests, lots of errands though (basically all the fetch quests like stuff have their own category)

Well, if all you do is chase down the main quest - what do you mean there's not enough quests? There's plenty of quests. Most settlements have side quest givers too

Even hunting down all the bits to upgrade aloy would take ages.

Can someone tell me:

After you proving and everything that went down, afterwards you are told that Rost was buried at his home where he raised you. So I figured I'd go up there before setting out into the world for Aloy to pay her respects and when I go there I don't see any grave site or anything, am I missing something or did they overlook this??? Seems like a fairly major thing to just not have, especially since they tell you about it....

Should definitely be there, there's a rather lengthy dialog tree you can go through as well. It's shown on the map as well, it's to the right when you walk out of the ground of the home and start on the path.

giphy.gif

Yeah, this is all very very hard to believe. What's your completion percentage? How many Side Missions have you completed? How many errands?

I'm at 17 hours with 19 missions completed total: 9 main, 6 sidequest, and 4 errands

LuuKyK

Man... just reached
Meridian. Also those views going towards the Sun King castle.

What the fuck, this game...

Are you doing all the side quests? I'm at about 14 now. Over 35 hours in game and not done.

Impossible...

Q. How long is the game?
A. Most estimate playtimes range from around 30 to 60 hours. The critical story path has been in about 25-30 hours on average.

5Dbt2Id.gif

What game are you playing?

Vroadstar

Are you playing the same game most here are playing? I mean I played straight 5 hours yesterday and I haven't even started the Proving...but then again maybe you are really good at this game.

Can you share your save game screenshot, I believe there is a timer in there on how long you have played (correct me if I'm wrong)

ironcreed

Banned
I have played for nearly five hours and am still in the bottom right hand corner of the map and am just a little ways past becoming a seeker. The game is huge.

I fucked up and landed inside that cave with that giant level 18 machine and now I'm stuck here. I can't fight it and the game gives you no way to turn around.

Xyrmellon

Still very early in the game, but I'm having a lot of trouble reading text on the HUD-it blends in too much with the foliage.

wig

Can someone tell me:

I actually just got to this part and went looking for it.
It's right outside of Rost's home, before you pass its entrance gate thing. It's across from a lit lantern. It's really easy to miss because it's covered in snow and it looks like someone trashed it. Aloy can "speak" to it and well... it's really sad. :(

Played about 12 hours straight today and I still haven't really left that area where you start.

I also really like Ashly Burch's va here.

DirtyLarry

Damn it all. I decided to be an adult and watch Trumps speech to Congress and the entire time I just thought to myself what a stupid, stupid decision that was. However my wife also wanted to watch it, so tomorrow night is the night I fire up this game. Truly cannot wait.

My one disappointment so far:

The downsampled IQ image on the 1080p TV isn't all that different from the regular 1080p mode.

In fact, sometimes the performance mode looks crisper than the resolution mode.

😓

Justified

Found CodyCoyote64 GAF account

I actually just got to this part and went looking for it.
It's right outside of Rost's home, before you pass its entrance gate thing. It's across from a lit lantern. It's really easy to miss because it's covered in snow and it looks like someone trashed it. Aloy can "speak" to it and well... it's really sad. :(

I didn't do this. :( Oh man. Now I got the feels reading this

When Rost died I was like fuck this game

Hawk269

I am just starting the game, but damn did they kind of fucked up the character model when you are young. Her head is fucking massive compared to her body. It looks really odd and out of place. Outside of that, damn does this game look so good! My plate if full of other things to do so wont be able to play too much more, but really great looking.

tbt.gif

Are you doing a speedrun?

StewboaT_

Not sure why, but I didn't expect this game to be so heavy on the rpg elements. Not a complaint by the way, just an observation.

breakfuss

I must have somehow missed the explanation but what's the purpose of Tall necks? Do they reveal things on the map like traditional game "towers"?

Nope, not my experience at all, I've been playing like ten hours and I'm still in the early game, really early game. You probably missed every side quests and errand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom