• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayB1920

So does anyone know when or how i can return to the
Womb of the Mountain.
Threre is a gate that is shit and Resh wont allow me to pass. I missed the power cell.

Played the first couple of hours tonight and I really like it so far. Just one problem, though, and apologies if I'm just blind and couldn't find the menu option: is there no way to alter your camera sensitivity? The default speed is too sluggish for me, and I'm sure I can learn to live with it but I honestly can't remember the last game I played that didn't have sensitivity options.

What a game! I literally can't wait to get back to it tonight and that's a rarity these days. Guerilla really pulled off some magic with this release - I've always enjoyed the Killzone series and even revistited Shadowfall last week in aniticiaption of this game. I honestly am blown away that this is made by the same studio.

level1

So I've been playing the intro area all day yesterday (ok, so since I got teh game from amazon and UPS took their time so less than half a day left to play). And I have it on hard (First game I went straight to hard. I suck at games so normal is usually hard enough. But a big appeal of this game was the monster hunterish like feel which I felt would be better/closer if it was less forgiving). And so far I'm like, "This isn't hard at all." I am loving the game and it is fun but the combat isn't exactly what I was hoping for (I was hoping for monster hunterish make you plan things and execute them well or else you put yourself in for a hard time). I only have been fighting the horse like creatures, the scrappers, and the watchers.

I finally get to the Sawtooth part and well... that's what I'm looking for. Unforgiving, you really do want to set up your traps, get that perfect shot, make use of its weaknesses. Unfortunately it was time to go to bed and I have to wait til after work to play today but I'm so impatient to try this fight again.

Please tell me most fights are like this :) (from what I've been reading it seems it might be so).

Yep, there's a very large amount of challenging fights which require preparation..moving on you'll start encountering machines while traversing the open world that make the sawtooth seem like child's play.

Renkax

Still trying to understand the HDR in horizon is unavailable but in the ratchet and clank game it was good to go :( someone help

goonergaz

So during the 'training' I am taught pressing R1 highlights tracks, yet starting the game for real I'm pressing R1 and no tracks are being highlighted yet it's then giving me the option to 'deselect highlight'!?

Is it because some watchers don't have set tracks?

So during the 'training' I am taught pressing R1 highlights tracks, yet starting the game for real I'm pressing R1 and no tracks are being highlighted yet it's then giving me the option to 'deselect highlight'!?

Is it because some watchers don't have set tracks?

Believe there's a range you must be in before the track appears.

Jacob4815

Interesting, thanks for trying that out. Something does look off for me on supersampled, the difference in clarity is incredibly subtle to me compared to its 1080p mode, only thing I saw was no/less shimmering. Absolutely nothing like the dramatic difference I expected.

If not glitched, it could be an other Uncharted 4 case.
Supersampling mode in U4 wasn't so dramatic better than the regular version, because the game was phenomenal on its own.

BouncyFrag

So glad there isn't a long animation when collecting resources and it takes only a second.

R* please take note of this for RDR2.

The God

Are certain parts only obtainable through certain actions in a fight? Like if I need a Sawtooth heart should I avoid burning the sawtooth?

Kalentan

Question was that one side quest super early on about the outcast brother who hadn't returned yet, the one that was making people worried about the game pre-release?

Cause I didn't notice anything wrong with it.

d9b

Banned
I need ALL the plants and metals!

image.php

Perfection!

aravuus

So glad there isn't a long animation when collecting resources and it takes only a second.

R* please take note of this for RDR2.

Kinda wished there wasn't any animations at all and you'd just collect stuff by running at it, but I guess you can't have it all. Also wished you just loot everything from dead creatures automatically, the screen you gotta go through is kinda annoying. If I can't pick something up, just have the name of the item float there next to the triangle prompt or something.

These are definitely much more tolerable than those 5 sec animations every single goddamn time you pick something up.

Just drove straight home from work to open and play my Horizon delivery, instead of going to the gym like I'm supposed to.

Guys I skipped leg day, wth is wrong with me?

gamz

I'm watching streams on Beam and looks so much fun. Question tho, how are people streaming on Beam with their PS4?

Gurerilla learned the most important lesson from Witcher 3. If you have to use a special vision to track stuff, dont force us to walk slowly to be able to track said trail.

Being able to tag a track and then move around normally is smart.

cheesekao

Gurerilla learned the most important lesson from Witcher 3. If you have to use a special vision to track stuff, dont force us to walk slowly to be able to track said trail.

Being able to tag a track and then move around normally is smart.
That and how it doesn't distort your vision. The tunnel vision in Witcher was pretty eh.

Kalentan

How the Hell is this game so dense with such great graphics? Not to mention being open world.

If I saw these Gifs, images and videos even last year I'd think it was never going to actually look like this. I mean, Killzone: Shadow Fall was a gorgeous game but my God.

It's crazy how it looks better then some games bullshots. o.o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom