• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT2| Red Head Redemption

Playsage

There was something going on with both Vanasha (her whole - I'll thank you properly next time I see you *wink* spiel) and the weapon crafter (can't remember her name doh)
Iirc Petra gets
shut down before the final battle

Also Vanasha is probably referring to
assisting you during the fight against the Eclipse

ty_hot

Just finished the game. Everything is awesome and well done. Story is interesting, graphics are impressive (ps4 vanilla still), audio/music also great. Side quests are nice even though I did very few. I only completed one calderon and 0 of the challenges or whatever they are called. 2 tallnecks to go still.

But what was really great was the different weapons and how combat is at the same time simple but complex. You start firing at some chargers, then when you see some of snapmaw are coming to catch you and those birds as well. You need to run hide, use different weapons, think about a strategy to destroy them all.

Cant wait for Horizon 2 and a online coop arena with a horde-like mode. Combat is 10/10 in this game. Loved it.

13ruce

Banned
Got Nier, Horizon and Nioh in the mail today:) time to have a great time this month hehe.
+ dark souls goty and mario kart is coming soon. What a fantastic year:D

Will put my thoughts on Horizon here later can't wait to try it it's made by dutch people:D

Melchiah

Cant wait for Horizon 2 and a online coop arena with a horde-like mode. Combat is 10/10 in this game. Loved it.

Do not want. It's better to put all the resources into the main game.

Regarding Cauldrons, by skipping them you lost the ability to override machines to your side, which really adds variety to the battles. There's also variety in the Cauldrons themselves. One of the last ones was a sight to behold.

ty_hot

Do not want. It's better to put all the resources into the main game.

Regarding Cauldrons, by skipping them you lost the ability to override machines to your side, which really adds variety to the battles. There's also variety in the Cauldrons themselves. One of the last ones was a sight to behold.
I know, I will probably play the rest of the game later, game is pure awesomeness. I didn't skip those things on purpose, I just didnt feel that I really needed them to progress in the story even though it would make it easier, so I didnt do them unless I was already passing in front of them. I didnt even use any of those proximity traps (singles ones that you put on the ground), I didnt use the potions (for fire, frozen etc protection)... And only used the extra health potion in the last hour of the game :D I was too busy running and shooting and always forgot to use the items the game gave me. It was my first open world rpg so thats maybe the reason why I didnt use all the resources... I will now play some other game and in the future head back to complete the rest of Horizon.

52CesVi.gif

Dubz

After having played about 10 hours of ME:A, it's amazing going back to Horizon. Such a polished game in comparison. I don't think I will ever go back to ME.

I just beat my second Cauldron, and it was amazing. The graphics on the Pro are absoulely jaw dropping. Still my favorite game of the year so far.

ThisOne

Just started the game. Any good beginner tips that I should watch for and pay attention to? Just got a scrapper lens and I'm on my way back to trade for that quest item (forgetting the name of the item at the moment).

ODDI

Need some help not sure if it's spoilers but I'll tag it anyway.

Alright so I'm roaming around this area had to gradually fight Stalkers > Glinthawks + Ravagers and finally a Stormbird beat them all and climbed to the top and now I'm stuck here

Playsage

Alright so I'm roaming around this area had to gradually fight Stalkers > Glinthawks + Ravagers and finally a Stormbird beat them all and climbed to the top and now I'm stuck here
that area is where a late main quest takes place

I got stuck there too. I'm pretty sure that's a place you'll visit near or at the end of the main storyline.

Melchiah

I know, I will probably play the rest of the game later, game is pure awesomeness. I didn't skip those things on purpose, I just didnt feel that I really needed them to progress in the story even though it would make it easier, so I didnt do them unless I was already passing in front of them. I didnt even use any of those proximity traps (singles ones that you put on the ground), I didnt use the potions (for fire, frozen etc protection)... And only used the extra health potion in the last hour of the game :D I was too busy running and shooting and always forgot to use the items the game gave me. It was my first open world rpg so thats maybe the reason why I didnt use all the resources... I will now play some other game and in the future head back to complete the rest of Horizon.

I recommend doing at least Cauldron XI. It's a bit different, thus more intriguing, and offers great visuals. Cauldron Zeta is pretty short, and it's easy to do after playing the story through.

I didn't use the resistance potions either, and switched from proximity traps to Tripcaster, since the enemy fire could detonate the former.

After initially uploading it - took down the epic time-lapse video I had been working on since the game launched (recording 1-2 hrs each night) due to an RGB full / limited mismatch. Luckily the video itself was full, whereas the PS4 was set to limited. I've since corrected the issue and took the opportunity to tweak some shots.

So now I share with all of you:

You can watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VuJJR_vbos

Melchiah

After initially uploading it - took down the epic time-lapse video I had been working on since the game launched (recording 1-2 hrs each night) due to an RGB full / limited mismatch. Luckily the video itself was full, whereas the PS4 was set to limited. I've since corrected the issue and took the opportunity to tweak some shots.

You can watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xazTarXxm4Y

Nice video. Thanks for sharing.

Alpende

I just finished it on very hard and really loved playing the game. I also just figured out I missed a small settlement in the beginning area. I thought I had explored almost everything and done most, if not all, of the side quests but there were 2 more.

Now to finish up the collectibles and get that plat. Completed the story in 48 hours.

Dargor

Man, just finished this game last night. It was even my first platinum trophy lol :D

So awesome, can't wait for Horizon 2.

There are infinite amounts of Blaze at pretty much every merchant though. Towards the end, my game basically amounted to selling everything then holding down the buy button on Blaze until I got at least 60 of the bad boys.

Yeah that's a good way to do it. I just always had 100/100 in my resources. So I'd buy 50 and use it all in one fight. Lol.

Falchion

Just started the game. Any good beginner tips that I should watch for and pay attention to? Just got a scrapper lens and I'm on my way back to trade for that quest item (forgetting the name of the item at the moment).

Get all your capacity upgrades out of the way early.

Venture

Absolutely love this one. Ice looks so good in Horizon.

Already said it once, but again, Terrific work! I especially love the Banuk Village around 0:55.

Absolutely love this one. Ice looks so good in Horizon.

Already said it once, but again, Terrific work! I especially love the Banuk Village around 0:55.
Thank you! I took down the original edit because I realized after uploading that somehow I had left my PS4 in "Limited RGB" mode. Probably when the game first unlocked and I played the beginning over at a friends' pad.

The clouds are just SOGOOD.GIF

CP68uur.gif

Think my entire game is bugged..

I just started playing recently and was finishing the main quest the point of the spear and killed the sawtooth. The next part is supposed to be Mother's Heart but I can' seem to get that quest no matter what.

My main quest still shows point of the spear and it's telling me to "follow the path of destruction" which is what I already did. I'd repeat it but I can't even go back that way because the North and Main embrace gates are closed.. I have no idea what to do here.

That was fantastic!

Yep looks like I'm completely stuck. I've just about fucking had it with these shitty ass open world games.. sigh.

Played 105 hours of BotW with not a bug in sight meanwhile I played a few hours of this game and just broke the entire game. I just love it!

Yep looks like I'm completely stuck. I've just about fucking had it with these shitty ass open world games.. sigh.

Played 105 hours of BotW with not a bug in sight meanwhile I played a few hours of this game and just broke the entire game. I just love it!

In the 67 hours I played the only bug I saw was a floating corpse at one point.

Venture

Think my entire game is bugged..

I just started playing recently and was finishing the main quest the point of the spear and killed the sawtooth. The next part is supposed to be Mother's Heart but I can' seem to get that quest no matter what.

My main quest still shows point of the spear and it's telling me to "follow the path of destruction" which is what I already did. I'd repeat it but I can't even go back that way because the North and Main embrace gates are closed.. I have no idea what to do here.
Yep sounds like it's bugged unfortunately. You should a quick save at the campfire right before you leave through the gate. Probably have to reload and do it again.

Finished the game and got my Platinum after around fifty or so hours. I ended up enjoying it a lot more than expected. The combat was great and I was always hungry to learn more about the world. Guerrilla did an excellent job.

Badassperger

Neo Member
I think I am almost done with the game. I lent out my PS4 to a friend so she can play Until Dawn but I am finishing the game when I get it back :)

Sulik2

Just finished my platinum. I wasn't even going to play this game before all the reviews hit and its now my second favorite game on the PS4 and one my all time favorite SciFi stories period. Way to go Guerilla.

New002

Just jumped into the Sony world this gen and hooked up the Pro + got started with this game. So far so good! I have high hopes.

The game usually has a buttload of autosaves so why not try loading one of those?

I tried all of em to no luck :(

I just sucked it up and restarted. I've been rushing and skipping all cut scenes and am not all that far out so it's not too bad. I guess it just scared me more than anything, but it sounds like one of those extremely rare situations so hopefully it won't happen again.

AtkO

Just jumped into the Sony world this gen and hooked up the Pro + got started with this game. So far so good! I have high hopes.

Lol, that might be your demise. If you started with Horizon Zero Dawn, there's only one day after you finish it. Down. Maybe The Last of Us Remastered might give you the same quality of content and a few, very few, others. But really, you started with the best game there is on PS4.

Crayon

I just started this game yesterday. It's fucking good. But o god the graphics. It's like twice as good looking as the next best game.

Dargor

I tried all of em to no luck :(

I just sucked it up and restarted. I've been rushing and skipping all cut scenes and am not all that far out so it's not too bad. I guess it just scared me more than anything, but it sounds like one of those extremely rare situations so hopefully it won't happen again.

What was the bug, if you dont mind me asking?

Had a couple of bugs happening with me, but none game breaking. Heck one of them had me laughing out loud.

edit: I should be more clear, the bug is obviously you got stuck in a quest, but did you walk away somewhere when you shouldn't have? Or something like that?

What was the bug, if you dont mind me asking?

Had a couple of bugs happening with me, but none game breaking. Heck one of them had me laughing out loud.

edit: I should be more clear, the bug is obviously you got stuck in a quest, but did you walk away somewhere when you shouldn't have? Or something like that?

I'm not honestly sure how it happened. I finished the sawtooth quest and Rost was telling me how I have to meet him somewhere, and then I started doing a couple of the side quests.

After I finished all of the side quests I went to the main quest marker and noticed that the gates I needed to pass through were locked (north, main, and south). I thought i was doing something wrong so I googled around and that's when I noticed that something was wrong because according to the progression I should be on the mothers heart quest, but it was still telling me to "follow the path of destruction" which is the sawtooth quest. That's when I realized that the game bugged out and thought I was still on that quest but there was no longer any way for me to open the north gate with Rost since he was nowhere to be found - and neither was he anywhere else for that matter.

edit: just killed the sawtooth again. this time I got a trophy for it and the point of the spear quest immediately finished and it put me on mother's heart

Top Bottom