• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT2| Red Head Redemption

TsuWave

4g0F4Aa.gif

wtf. amazing.

Ok... What the hell is the best angle to try shoot the blaze on a Sawtooth's belly? I fail to get it to explode every single time.

I don't know what's the best, but the most epic is sliding underneath the Sawtooth while it pounces you and hitting it with triple shot fire arrows, in slow motion :D brings a smile to my face every single time.

Venture

Ok... What the hell is the best angle to try shoot the blaze on a Sawtooth's belly? I fail to get it to explode every single time.
It could be armored. After you kill a certain number of a machine they star getting armor upgrades. The Snapmaw for example gets armor on it's blaze canisters that needs to be removed before they can be exploded.

It could be armored. After you kill a certain number of a machine they star getting armor upgrades. The Snapmaw for example gets armor on it's blaze canisters that needs to be removed before they can be exploded.

Wow this is the first Ive heard of this! Anyone have pics showing the differences?

Exquisik

Ok this explained a lot. I was wondering why I'm having a hard time against the rockbreakers even though I could easily defeat them before I was level 50 (yes, level 50 and still not done with the game).

ThisOne

What do I do with all the random loot I pick up (hearts, lenses, etc)? Are there specific items that I buy with these or am I better off just selling them?

What do I do with all the random loot I pick up (hearts, lenses, etc)? Are there specific items that I buy with these or am I better off just selling them?

I've been wondering this too, since I've been butting up against a fully-upgraded inventory limit for hours now. It seems like there's only one outfit or weapon associated with a given robot's lens or heart, so I figure once you've bought those it's probably safe to sell any you get from then on. But then I feel like the moment I get rid of all mine I'll pick up a sidequest that needs one of each :p

Djostikk

How do you guys play it for like 80 hours. I've recently launched it again and my playtime was 48 hours, I did everything and got platinum, howwwwww.

Radec

How do you guys play it for like 80 hours. I've recently launched it again and my playtime was 48 hours, I did everything and got platinum, howwwwww.

Open ps4
Open game
Setup a quest waypoint
Go to it by walking
Got distracted by a machine site.
Engaged in a shitstorm against 3 different machine types.
Oh that's a racoon, better hunt some skins first.
2 hours later, finally got to the quest waypoint...

Open ps4
Open game
Setup a quest waypoint
Go to it by walking
Got distracted by a machine site.
Engaged in a shitstorm against 3 different machine types.
Oh that's a racoon, better hunt some skins first.
2 hours later, finally got to the quest waypoint...

Or you can spend 130 hours grinding super rare weapon coils, well its what i been doing since finishing everything up around hour 85 and i'm now at hour 215 with over 600 Tjaws down

Djostikk

Or you can spend 130 hours grinding super rare weapon coils, well its what i been doing since finishing everything up around hour 85 and i'm now at hour 215 with over 600 Tjaws down

But what for? I have every best gear and I'm not sure you have to grind that much. Unless it's grinding just for grinding.

Is there a map with side quests? I'm sure I'm missing some.

You're right. But Nioh was challenging and made every encounter exciting. Horizon feels kinda easy.

Not sure how you play and enjoy a game like Nioh, Then choose to play this game on Normal. Anyone who plays and enjoys Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Nioh, etc. needs to play this game on AT LEAST Hard and probably on Very Hard.

I would even go as far as saying that MOST people should play it on Hard to get the best experience.

Melchiah

You need a Thunderjaw Heart for an errand called
Healer's Oath
. I don't remember if there were others. I kept at least a single piece of the blue ones, just in case they're needed in the future.

Just started playing this after finishing Nier Automata. Graphics are on a completely different level. Wow, I forgot how amazing games can look. I didn't get very far though. The game definitely does not start off on an exciting note, at least in comparison to Nier. I actually fell asleep playing haha. I hope the game picks up in a hurry, I really don't like the intro section. I'll pick it back up in a couple days and try again. I've really been looking forward to this one.

Just started playing this after finishing Nier Automata. Graphics are on a completely different level. Wow, I forgot how amazing games can look. I didn't get very far though. The game definitely does not start off on an exciting note, at least in comparison to Nier. I actually fell asleep playing haha. I hope the game picks up in a hurry, I really don't like the intro section. I'll pick it back up in a couple days and try again. I've really been looking forward to this one.

I came to HZD in the same way as you. (Off the back of the excellent NierA.)

The start isn't great, but the game gets better when you're let loose on the world. How much better obviously depends on how much you enjoy fighting machines.
When I started I could see nothing but negatives (the dialogue which flitted between overly earnest and wooden!), but the machine combat, and then the story soon made up for all that, and I finished the game thinking it was one of the best I played.

I'm over 50 hours, and I haven't gone past the point where he tells you to "finish your errands before proceeding", I took his advice and completed a lot of the side quests and errands.

I don't understand how you can platinum in that time unless you don't have to do things like the hunter's lodge, every side quest ...

I came to HZD in the same way as you. (Off the back of the excellent NierA.)

The start isn't great, but the game gets better when you're let loose on the world. How much better obviously depends on how much you enjoy fighting machines.
When I started I could see nothing but negatives (the dialogue which flitted between overly earnest and wooden!), but the machine combat, and then the story soon made up for all that, and I finished the game thinking it was one of the best I played.

Good to know I'm not the only one. I'm really looking forward to the combat and exploring this gorgeous world. I think I'm just kind of numb after playing Nier. Probably a few days off of video games will do me some good (I've got some work to catch up on). I'm pretty sure I'll really like HZD.

Melchiah

I enjoyed it, and how it built the characters. Without it, they and the impact of events wouldn't have felt the same. I have no idea of how Nier starts, but I didn't find its demo exciting at all. The lack of enemy variety was particularly jarring in it.

On a side note, I disliked how the tutorial quests needed to be activated to be completed. It would have been better if you could do them, while having an active main/side quest.

Djostikk

I'm over 50 hours, and I haven't gone past the point where he tells you to "finish your errands before proceeding", I took his advice and completed a lot of the side quests and errands.

I don't understand how you can platinum in that time unless you don't have to do things like the hunter's lodge, every side quest ...

You don't have to do every side quest, but hunters lodge are essential. That said, I completed every stuff I had on the map.

I enjoyed it, and how it built the characters. Without it, they and the impact of events wouldn't have felt the same. I have no idea of how Nier starts, but I didn't find its demo exciting at all. The lack of enemy variety was particularly jarring in it.

On a side note, I disliked how the tutorial quests needed to be activated to be completed. It would have been better if you could do them, while having an active main/side quest.

Yeah, I think I just need to take a couple days before starting something after Nier. I've really been looking forward to playing it. I think i just started too soon after bingeing on Nier. The game LOOKS phenomenal in 4k though, I really tried to play but It was late and the beginning
playing as kid Aloy
was boring and I fell asleep since it was pretty late. That might say more about me than the game though...

Just got my platinum tonight. I actually kind of enjoyed the hunter trials. I have a bunch of side quests to do, so it looks like I still have a lot of game left to play.

I know this isn't the spoiler thread, but I just have to say that I enjoyed the story much more than I thought I would. That's part of the reason I cruised through the main missions. I just had to find out what happened next.

Melchiah

Yeah, I think I just need to take a couple days before starting something after Nier. I've really been looking forward to playing it. I think i just started too soon after bingeing on Nier. The game LOOKS phenomenal in 4k though.

I had a similar experience, when I moved from Horizon to Dark Souls 3's The Ringed City DLC. It just feels tedious to me, and I kinda wish I was playing Horizon instead. I'm actually craving for another playthrough, which is unheard of for me when it comes to these kind of long epics.

EDIT:
I really tried to play but It was late and the beginning
playing as kid Aloy
was boring and I fell asleep since it was pretty late. That might say more about me than the game though...

That's exactly why I try to avoid playing at late hours these days. It just diminishes the experience, when I'm too tired to play. #Old gamer problems

Radec

I wished overridden machines aren't overpowered. My boy snapmaw killed 2 of his brothers with ease.

I also have tested a Stormbird able to kill 3 Snapmaws, 2 Ravagers, and a couple of Longlegs. It was an awesome sight.

Wished the two stormbird sight was close to each other so I can have them fight 1v1.

I didn't know this or noticed. Cool.

ty_hot

I finished the game in 38 hours. 49.63% completion. I did lots of hunting to upgrade my carry capacity and to always have the maximum health and lots of ammo, but there are still all cauldrons except one, all hunting grounds, 2 or 3 tall necks, 1 bandit camp, 5 side quests, 11 errands... Yeah, lots of things to do. But I want to move on to another game (and need to sell it while it's still valuable). Gonna buy it again next year when it will be 15-20 on PSN, I want to finish it again playing in a 4k tv at some point as well.

Damn! Never thought of clipping its wings. Ta for the info, though. (Makes you wonder what "secret" abilities the other machines posses...)

Hey guys, check out this short video (109s long) of me being incredibly rubbish xD It contains spoilers of the best hunting ground
Yup that's one of the best spot in the game to farm for rare mods, although I would switch to a freeze+blast sling combo at that point in the game since it pretty much beats the disc launcher in terms of damage and also you don't have to kill yourself trying to pick up the weapon ;)

Top Bottom