• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn Remastered vs Original PS5 Early Graphics Comparison

FeralEcho

Most of the trailer looks like difference in color grading and some higher draw distance in some far shots.

Rost looks less detailed in the remaster for some reason. They removed the blemishes from his face and changed his hair color.

qEc5wnu.png
While it definitely looks worse I think the reasoning is they de-aged him for those scenes. In that scene Rost is with a young Aloy whereas in the original in both the young Aloy timeline and grownup he has the same old man model.

That's why both his hair and skin are less grizzled

EDIT: Looking closer seems like it was different models even in old version which makes the remastered model look terrible.

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
whilst i enjoyed the two Horizon games, failed to finish the newer DLC, i have no desire to replay em especially with the ARE YOU GUYS BLIND!! massive jump in graphical quality, definitely brings the first one up to the eyeball melting standard of the incredible looking sequel, i just wish Nixxes would bring Uncharted 1,2 & 3 upto the quality of 4, id definitely replay those for 4th time.. man UC2 with the graphical quality of 4 would be incredible

Shaders look way better. Instead of plastic dolls they actually look like something with skin.

Not a reason to replay this whole game, for me, but I guess it's nice for people who haven't played it yet.

Rockman33

I really don’t like their “hero light”.

Everything has some kind of 3 point lighting system to the character. The backlight on the characters just look fake to me.

HL3.exe

This is so stupid. There are like, a dozen games still stuck on the PS3.

The fuck Sony? Feels like a 'out of touch' scam, or some sort of sweeping move to ignore their older catalogue.

The Horizon franchise feels like an industry plant; Sony really wanting it to be a beloved success while in reality, most feel 'meh, it's alright I guess' about it.

Last edited:
Everyone got a Botox treatment.
To me, it looks like when phones do that AI face smoothing thing.

I genuinely fear that new developers were raised in this environment and believe this is how humans actually look. The original Horizon looks far better.

Even the “new” mocap looks worse. Near the end of the trailer it just looks like those AI generated mouth movements.

It also seems they did the thing that most remasters do where they mess with the lighting and everything is overly lit.

Last edited:

violence

I was gonna say this looks different not better but Aloys model is better however I prefer the lighting and everything else in the other shots. This is $10 for horizon 2 hero lighting.

Last edited:

violence

Calling this a “remaster” is really stretching it as a word. I suppose if you want a new play through to feel a little different, this is worth the $10.

This is a “paid update” not a “remaster”

Last edited:
It's just an optional PS5 SKU

The good thing is that you can still play the original PS4 version, no problem

It's not like the sad GTA Definitive Trilogy that is worse than what came before. Too bad the previous versions were delisted

Last edited:
Most of the trailer looks like difference in color grading and some higher draw distance in some far shots.

Rost looks less detailed in the remaster for some reason. They removed the blemishes from his face and changed his hair color.

qEc5wnu.png
This looks horrible, reminds me of the Prince of Persia remake.

violence

It all looks too clean, look at the blokes little arts and craft thingy. It's way too blue and pristine now. Like he hasn't spent a day outside.
You think this game was made by people who go outside? 😆

I want a more dirty Aloy. Make it a menu toggle, I don’t care.

Last edited:
The most unnecesary remaster, even if it has some noticeable upgrades, which turns out havent even showed properly. Dont understand the Hermen Hulst obsession with this IP, while PC gamers are able to enjoy Killzone 2 and 3 on 4K thanks to RPCS3, on PS5 while that we have this Horizon remaster no one asked and Lego Horizon 😳....Killzone remaster would have been 100x more worthy.

Top Bottom