• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn Remastered vs Original PS5 Early Graphics Comparison

mitch1971

Gold Member
Most of the trailer looks like difference in color grading and some higher draw distance in some far shots.

Rost looks less detailed in the remaster for some reason. They removed the blemishes from his face and changed his hair color.

qEc5wnu.png
Has James Cameron been employed for this remaster?

Skifi28

Well its good for newcomers but not for the ps fans . I platinumed the first one put over 100 hours into it so i would not upgrade to this
I've been looking for a chance to replay it after so many years and this is perfect for me. If you agree that there is a market for it, then I don't see why you complain. This is likely a side-project on a small scale that didn't affect whatever main game they're developing. If it's not for you then just ignore it.

Felessan

Oh yes. Very weak. Bunch of crap 4 stars characters in the game, but she is a very weak 5 stars.
Keep telling this to yourself and maybe someone will believe.
She is worse than most 4* characters. Her 5* is just for looks, she is not really usable anywhere. It's literally collab "skin" character for collection and not for gameplay.
Even Amber (being a fire character and not ultra-gimped frost) has better setups than her.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
It looks a bit better, but I already have the original. This is the same game with a slight spruce up. I can't see it justifying a double dip.

I'm out.

Reactions: Isa

Nydius

You may not like Alloy but it doesn't change a fact that package popular with Aloy, and popularity of this package without Alloy is not proven.

Your last line is why both of your arguments are rather pointless. You can’t argue Horizon is popular with or without Aloy because, outside of Call of the Mountain, every Horizon game has been centered around Aloy.

You can’t prove she’s the cornerstone of the franchise’s popularity because there’s never been anyone else carrying the torch. Likewise, he can’t disprove Aloy’s potential popularity for the same reason.

Bringing up crossovers isn’t a strong argument for his case because while she may not have been well received in Genshin, she was well received in Monster Hunter World. 🤷

Until we have a full Horizon game without her, no one can say either way how much Aloy herself contributes to the franchise’s popularity.

Vick

Gold Member
The brain rotten will show you this and insist you are the problem.
Looks like actual brain rot might be indeed a serious problem for one of us..

Still can't get over the fact they used the fat cow model of the second game for this.
"Actual evidence" showing that, in-game, they DID make Aloy a fat cow. Darn lighting, just adding pounds after pounds to a character.
Those extreme close ups aren't in-game. They can put 1000 bobble heads on a black background, that still won't change the fact that what they actually used in the game was a fat cow for a model.

MqH9Uu0.gif

They actually made her arms even slimmer and more feminine than the original in the Remaster..

Steve Harvey Wow GIF by NBC

You've proven my point with the actual in-game screenshot, that just conveniently had her whole head covered up. I know the brain rot has been strong for years now, at this point there's no salvaging anything, but at least stop.
Here, get a hold of your fat cow.

aa2472cb15ec111b845de8f5cef841c2.jpg
a5017b526e55e2304927cd40d4a4cd03.jpg

589b4bb92afb3571158208d218e921bc.jpg

cUxI2pj.png

zbM2P4R.jpg

Felessan

Your last line is why both of your arguments are rather pointless. You can’t argue Horizon is popular with or without Aloy because, outside of Call of the Mountain, every Horizon game has been centered around Aloy.

You can’t prove she’s the cornerstone of the franchise’s popularity because there’s never been anyone else carrying the torch. Likewise, he can’t disprove Aloy’s potential popularity for the same reason.

Bringing up crossovers isn’t a strong argument for his case because while she may not have been well received in Genshin, she was well received in Monster Hunter World. 🤷

Until we have a full Horizon game without her, no one can say either way how much Aloy herself contributes to the franchise’s popularity.
I stay in formal logic
Franchise WITH Alloy is proven. It's a fact.
Franchise without Alloy is just a fantasy.
No matter how you look at it, from logic or probability point of view - it's significantly higher chance that Alloy do contribute to franchise that she does not. It doesn't matter that you personally disagree with this.
You are falling to a fallacy of "prove me that I am wrong and if you can't I am right" - it's not correct
We have a provable point - it's 100% accuracy. And it's include Alloy in the success package. Than we have some fantasies that have accuracy of 50% at best. And 100% against 50% wins

Top Bottom