• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hotline Miami PS3/Vita |OT|

The AI is still a little spotty like it was on PC. Sometimes shooting a gun will alert all the guys in the level, sometimes it won't even alert the guy next to the one you just shot, lol.

It really looks great on Vita, though.

I've been waiting for this PSN release to see what all the fuss was about. Downloading now.

Does the PS3 version look and run better?

nowai

I'm missing my mouse controls, but rocking this great game on the bus to work was worth it.

Is there a way to turn down the sound effects? I want to crank the music, but then the punch and gun sounds are far too loud.

I looked in the options, but only saw music volume, not sound fx.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Bought, playing, love it as much as I did when it first came out. So brilliant.

Game is really hard. I only made it halfway through Chpt 1 on the PS3 last night...now I'm a little worried about playing it on the Vita as I am just starting to get used to the DS3 controls. Either way...really amazing soundtrack so far.

Hotline Miami (Cross Buy)
Availability: Not available in New Zealand

And suddenly I remember why I was so down on Sony before E3. Fuck this is horseshit.

I've been waiting for this PSN release to see what all the fuss was about. Downloading now.

Does the PS3 version look and run better?
Yes, but not substantially so. The big difference between the PS3 and Vita versions is the lock-on function. On PS3, it's mapped to L2 and R2, and on Vita it's mapped to the front screen, which is not particularly ideal (too slow/cumbersome to keep combos going on harder levels, especially if you're going for A+ rankings).

So I'm not entirely sure how cross-buy works--can I play awhile on my Vita, and then transfer my progress to PS3? It sounds like I'll be needing a proper controller to get high scores.

aro52

So I'm not entirely sure how cross-buy works--can I play awhile on my Vita, and then transfer my progress to PS3? It sounds like I'll be needing a proper controller to get high scores.

Yup. In the Settings/Options menu, there's a button to "sync progress to cloud". Click that on Vita, then click it on PS3, continue playing on PS3.

Yes, that works. But the fearure you are dicribing is cross save. Not all cross buy titles have it but HM does:)

Kemal86

last boss spoilerz

his suicide bullet went through his noggin and killed me. feel like the boss just unlocked a trophy for pulling that off.

wtf? I wanna download this in the Dutch PSN-store but I'm not able to?? When I press 'X' the screen just returns to the store screen. In other words...I can't punt this in my shopping cart. Price is 8,99 and says cross-buy while the Vita version says 7,99 and 'only compatible with Vita'. Fix this Sony.

Number45

Has anyone confirmed whether this has separate trophy lists for PS3/Vita? I'm not a trophy whore, but I can't resist those cross-save double platinums.

can't access the game on the PS-Store and its not even available via search on the website or the PS-Store :E what the hell! Does it work for other european countries?

same problem here. It's available for Vita though, but no cross-buy it seems.
I bought it on my Vita and got the PS3 version in my download list, too. I'm in the UK, dunno if other European countries have it different..

The webstore doesn't seem to have updated (nothing new; PS1 sale page is broken for me) and I've no idea about PS3. HM was only available by search on Vita but it's on the 'latest' section on my Vita now.

Sickbean

I can't get to it either - there's a big banner ad for it on the PS Store, but when you click on that you just get a page saying 0 results (but with a Hotline Miami background!!)

I bought it on my Vita and got the PS3 version in my download list, too. I'm in the UK, dunno if other European countries have it different..

The webstore doesn't seem to have updated (nothing new; PS1 sale page is broken for me) and I've no idea about PS3. HM was only available by search on Vita but it's on the 'latest' section on my Vita now.

Will try. Strange that the price on PS3 ( 8,99 euro ) is higher than Vita ( 7,99 ) and it's still a cross-buy.

AllGamer

wtf? I wanna download this in the Dutch PSN-store but I'm not able to?? When I press 'X' the screen just returns to the store screen. In other words...I can't punt this in my shopping cart. Price is 8,99 and says cross-buy while the Vita version says 7,99 and 'only compatible with Vita'. Fix this Sony.

Same in Germany. I guess I will have to wait a little longer.

I can't get to it either - there's a big banner ad for it on the PS Store, but when you click on that you just get a page saying 0 results (but with a Hotline Miami background!!)

yup, can see the ad for it but clicking it does nothing and its not up on search so the content must be missing. Its a dead link :D

what summer intern botched up the release! :p

And yes, it is up on the Vita store and can be downloaded. This also enables it in the PS3's Download List so you can get the PS3 version only if you have a Vita :D This must be a clever marketing plot!! :D

Epic Drop

Yes, but not substantially so. The big difference between the PS3 and Vita versions is the lock-on function. On PS3, it's mapped to L2 and R2, and on Vita it's mapped to the front screen, which is not particularly ideal (too slow/cumbersome to keep combos going on harder levels, especially if you're going for A+ rankings).

Just an FYI - you can also lock on using the square button on the Vita (and then rotate among available targets using the right stick)

Guevara

I like the design, but I can't always tell what some of the pixel art is supposed to be.

What is the mass in front of your home tv? Some weird console?

Sickbean

Has anyone in the UK been able to buy this via either the Web store or PS3? It's there on both but neither will let me buy it!

Top Bottom