• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hotline Miami PS3/Vita |OT|

Qassim

If you search for it on the EU store, you can find it. I'm downloading it now, I'm a little worried about the controls as I played through it on PC with KB/M first.

Tattooth

If you search for it on the EU store, you can find it. I'm downloading it now, I'm a little worried about the controls as I played through it on PC with KB/M first.

Do you have a link, nothing shows up in search. I'm in the UK.

EDIT: Actually, totally shows up on the Vita store. Cross buy works both ways now right, if I buy the vita version I get it on PS3.

Hanmik

I guess you mean on the PS3 or Vita.. not the pc store.. because it´s not there..

Found it by searching on the Vita store, Germany here. But it doesn't mention cross-buy in the discription...

EDIT nothing on PS3 or Web store. Can US buyers confirm that cross buy works if I purchase the Vita version?

did you use all the mask exclusive weapons like the drill etc?

there's a lot of environmental kills too, especially in kitchens.

I managed to get it, two posts above yours. Apparently it was the drill, even though I used it several times.

But now there seems to be another issue with two other trophies: Dog Lover and Let In Some Air. I did a quick google search and apparently some other people are having issues with it as well.

I guess it wouldn't be Hotline Miami without some achievement/trophy issues.

oggob

Found it by searching on the Vita store, Germany here. But it doesn't mention cross-buy in the discription...

EDIT nothing on PS3 or Web store. Can US buyers confirm that cross buy works if I purchase the Vita version?

I picked up the game from the AU Vita Store just then, both titles (PS3/Vita) were in my Vita Download list. So it is Cross-Buy.

Twinduct

Would suggest people hold off from buying it before it's on the store official.
I've done this twice and both times I got screwed over due to my impatience.

(LBP & When Vikings attack. LBP they had a weird one that was tied to my account that didnt work. Took them a week to fix that so I can redownload it and When Vikings Attacks only had the demo up for the full version and it didn't show up in my download history)

Edit: Talking about actually buying it and not the demo.

Would suggest people hold off from buying it before it's on the store official.
I've done this twice and both times I got screwed over due to my impatience.

(LBP & When Vikings attack. LBP they had a weird one that was tied to my account that didnt work. Took them a week to fix that so I can redownload it and When Vikings Attacks only had the demo up for the full version and it didn't show up in my download history)

Edit: Talking about actually buying it and not the demo.

Downloading both versions right now and both appear in my DL list.

Sigma722

I bought this last night on the US store, right before leaving for a movie. PS Store was garbage last night, super slow, errors, etc. I finally get to the checkout screen. It thinks about it for around a minute, possibly more. I get a confirmation of my order via email. Then on the store I get an error. And it wants me to try to checkout again. Didn't want to try again, since I figured I was going to have to have an argument with support. About an hour and a half later I get another email confirmation that funds have been added to my wallet, and when I get home, it allows me to DL.

Weird.

If by "proficient" you mean "I can spray wildly and maybe hit something occasionally", then yeah I agree. As far as precision targeting though I may as well be using the face buttons. There's just not enough range between the dead center of the sticks and the ending encasements of the sticks themselves for any sort of precision to be had. The worst part of it all is that HLM is designed around a mouse, and the lack of any sticky aim at all really kills the experience with these crappy sticks. Anytime you picked up a gun in the PC version, shit got real. In this version? You might as well throw it at the first person you see and hope for the best.
Yeah. The vita free look is terrible, very unwieldy. I don't want to play the PC version either because I have so little to play on the vita. Ugh.

Fair enough, just saying be weary from buying stuff when it's only up via search. Have had a few issues and looking at LBP vita, it soured the OT. Just didn't want to same stuff happening again.

Yeah, thanks for the warning. Though I'm way too impatient if I'm hyped for a release to follow your probably smart advice :)

Went well this time. Playing right now, and it is as glorious as I imagined. Dat sound through headphone and those colors o_O

Twinduct

Yeah, thanks for the warning. Though I'm way too impatient if I'm hyped for a release to follow your probably smart advice :)

Went well this time. Playing right now, and it is as glorious as I imagined. Dat sound through headphone and those colors o_O

Sadly after I typed that I still went and searched for it on the PC store lol.
I've got no self control :X

Sigma722

I should say that when I bought it I went to "hot on ps3" and then "indie games" and it said "cross buy hotline miami". I clicked it and it brought me to the normal hotline miami page, which just says psn and ps3 at the top. Both ps3 and vita versions downloaded.

Oneself

Playing for the first time on PS3, I am enjoying every bit of it. As everyone said countless times before, it's one really awesome and addictive "retro-style" game, but it's also fresh and original. The soundtrack is perfect and the controls are surprisingly good as well; after about 2 levels, you'll be shooting your way through thugs amazingly fast and precisely. The only thing that must work better with a mouse is locking on a target but I find myself not using it often anyways.
Buy it, it's worth 10$ and more... oh and the black&white mask is available pretty much from the start, I have no idea how I unlocked it but I did.
IIRC it's right after the first mission!

May16

Once you pick up a gun though the game goes to shit unless you can find out how to properly touch the screen, fire your gun, move, and control the camera at the same time. Ie, grow another hand and it will be perfect!
That's what I was afraid of. :/

decaf

Searched, found and paid for it on the EU store... stuck on "Waiting to download..." for 10 minutes. Any ideas?

Cactus

Banned
Is anyone else having sync issues? I'm up to Ch. 9 on my Vita, but my PS3 won't update my progress when I try to sync.

I loved this game on PC and I'd love to snag this for my Vita. Can anyone comment on how the controls translate over though? I already saw some people were having trouble with guns, but is that the only control hitch? I tried playing on PC once with a controller and couldn't really get the feel for it, but was hoping that maybe the Vita's touch mechanics could bring something interesting to the table.

I loved this game on PC and I'd love to snag this for my Vita. Can anyone comment on how the controls translate over though? I already saw some people were having trouble with guns, but is that the only control hitch? I tried playing on PC once with a controller and couldn't really get the feel for it, but was hoping that maybe the Vita's touch mechanics could bring something interesting to the table.

it can be a little frustrating to aim a pistol or AR without lock-on, but it can be easily overcame.

i never played the PC game, but I had no problems beating it on the vita

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Ok i bought it and i'm liking it, finally a "simple" old school game with no "genial" or "original" gimmick/mechanic and no puzzles.

How long is the game? I played a bit and now i'm at part 2(or 3?) chapter 7 i think.
Will it become harder?

Ok i bought it and i'm liking it, finally a "simple" old school game with no "genial" or "original" gimmick/mechanic and no puzzles.

How long is the game? I played a bit and now i'm at part 2(or 3?) chapter 7 i think.
Will it become harder?

there's like 18 chapters with 2 or 3 bonus levels. some of the later levels are much harder.

waypoetic

Banned
EU store update is live. Some fuckup put a higher price for the PS3 version, it's getting fixed though. I can't access the game page anyway, so i'll just wait for them to fix the price etc.

I'm wondering if I should buy this for my Macbook Air due to what people are saying about the Vita's controls. I'm bummed.\

How does the game play with a trackpad?

I pretty much stayed up all night when I got it going crazy on the game. I had it on PC but I had finally gotten stuck on the 'extra' chapters and stopped. I thought you unlocked one mask per chapter. Now that I got that many, how so I get the rest?

Also, what maximizes the points? I only got 1 a+ in the whole game. I'm mobile and versiltile and fast but I'm not getting enough points for any of it.

Pachimari

I absolutely love this game but I'm stuck at chapter 5 i think (?) where there's a guy taken hostage in a room full of explosives.

if you want the real ending, you'll have to find all the puzzle pieces, which are a bitch to find

I beat it rather fast but continue playing it

see5harp

I'm wondering if I should buy this for my Macbook Air due to what people are saying about the Vita's controls. I'm bummed.\

How does the game play with a trackpad?

Probably worse than just plugging in a gamepad. I had no issues with a 360 controller because you can use the R3 (i think) button to lock on). For most of the game you are going to want to use melee weapons anyways.

Top Bottom