• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How much do you think the Switch successor will cost? (USD)

How much do you think the Switch successor will cost? (USD)

• Total voters

Complistic

$399-$449
Nintendo does not care about competing graphically.

Kids do not care about graphics even remotely.

Last edited:

hemo memo

Gold Member
They are going to have to try for the $399.99 mark. That price sounds about right in the times we live in today. Then come up with a plan to release an OLED version in the future for maybe $449.00. Good thing I'm not a handheld player so OLED isn't as important to me, but for those who love portable Nintendo will hopefully release an OLED version in the future.
I believe they’ll go for $449 and $499 OLED.

Last edited:

El Muerto

Gold Member
$349-$399 range. Needs to be affordable for families because that's Nintendo's market. 1st party games never go on sale either. Basing my prediction on the launch price vs adjusted for inflation.
Switch launch price: $299
Wii U launch price: $299
Wii launch price: $249
Gamecube launch price: $199

Adjusted for inflation:
Switch: $386
Wii U:$408
Wii:$389
GC:$353

Fess

Are there any trustworthy leaks on the hardware? Can we assume they’re launching a Switch variant of some kind?

I’ll go with $449 if it’s a ”Switch 2”, $549 for a secondary ”Switch 2 Pro” SKU.

Woopah

Are there any trustworthy leaks on the hardware? Can we assume they’re launching a Switch variant of some kind?

I’ll go with $449 if it’s a ”Switch 2”, $549 for a secondary ”Switch 2 Pro” SKU.
Some of the things we know are:
  1. It uses a customised SoC from Nvidia called the T239 (and we know a fair few details of this chip)
  2. Uses magnets to connect the controllers
  3. Has 12GB of RAM
  4. Contains a built in microphone
  5. Screen is likely an 8" LCD

Last edited:
Top Bottom