• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HTC Vive Launch Thread -- Computer, activate holodeck

Status
Not open for further replies.

arit

I need more outlets and the Vive setup will not finish because it cannot install steam or (if steam is already running) it does some opening Steamvr->close loop until it aborts the installation. grml...

kaskade

Positive about ordering through Paypay: Don't have to worry about my charge being denied. Negative: Funds are withdrawn at the time of sale so I won't see a pending charge to know when it's going to ship :(

Exuro

How long does it take from getting tracking to delivery? Only a few days left in April for me. Waiting over a week on tracking.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Holoball is the first game I really can't play in my minimum-sized roomscale. I seriously almost shattered my controller on my desk 3 times before giving up.

Too bad because the game is fantastic! I'm going to have to hook my PC up in my back yard to play it.

How long does it take from getting tracking to delivery? Only a few days left in April for me. Waiting over a week on tracking.

If it makes you feel any better, I still haven't gotten a shipping notification and my processing charge went through (with the money back in my account) late Friday.

Exuro

If it makes you feel any better, I still haven't gotten a shipping notification and my processing charge went through (with the money back in my account) late Friday.
So we're in the same boat. My money also went back on friday. Well at least it isn't an anomaly. I'm just really excited for this thing and have everything set up to go. :(

When I boot up with the Vive attached, my 970 apparently treats that as primary monitor all the way into Windows (but doesn't display anything), meaning I can't see BIOS or setup while it's attached. This was kind of alarming when I was having crashing problems yesterday. Is there any way to change this, or do I have to unplug the HDMI if I don't want a blind boot?

Tumle

Should I go with the vive even if I don't really have room to do room scaled stuff? Or is oculus then my best match?
I may be able to fit a 1x1 m area but that is it :)

Akronis

I have seen the promised land finally gentlemen.

It is everything I dreamed it was.

SDE is still noticeable but holy fuck you forget about it VERY quickly

I suspect one of my controllers has problems. :/ Works well some of the time, but occasionally goes drifting off, just that controller. The other one's fine in the same positions.

Does anybody have a safe link to download forge for minecraft? Just used the one in that youtube vid and downloaded a crapload of malware and spent the last half hour trying to uninstall it all.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Does anybody have a safe link to download forge for minecraft? Just used the one in that youtube vid and downloaded a crapload of malware and spent the last half hour trying to uninstall it all.

Oh shit, sorry. I already had forge installed so I only had to install the vive part. Might scan my PC just in case now though. Don't remember where I downloaded forge but shouldn't be to hard to find?

Dingles

When did you place your order? I got email last night but haven't been charged yet. I ordered on 03/31

8th of this month - reason I'm not expecting shipping soon. (UK)

edit: Order history now says "In Process" also. No shipment month or anything.

Oh shit, sorry. I already had forge installed so I only had to install the vive part. Might scan my PC just in case now though. Don't remember where I downloaded forge but shouldn't be to hard to find?

Yeah I'm doing a windows defender scan as well and I know it wasn't your fault bro, I know you where trying to help. It's my own noob fault for having a bad day and being in a rush and not paying attention to the sneaky prompts that pop up making you think that it's the button you press to start the download. So far for me, that crap is the worst part about the PC space but I know I need to adapt.

kinggroin

Banned
I'm hoping it doesn't take longer than Saturday before they attempt to charge my card.

Got my notification for upcoming charge, last night

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Sooo does/will VorpX work with Vive?

Really want to experiment with all those old games like Doom/3/Morrowind etc.

Nice! Hurry up and charge my card HTC....

"If there was a definitive release date, I would share it. All I can say right now is: as fast as possible, or in old ID Software speak: when it’s done. Might take another two or three weeks, but might also take just days."

Is what he said.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
"If there was a definitive release date, I would share it. All I can say right now is: as fast as possible, or in old ID Software speak: when it’s done. Might take another two or three weeks, but might also take just days."

Is what he said.

Well at least we know it's coming. Feel like I'm grasping at straws to find reasons to keep my Rift as well at this point.

The Elite Dangerous resolution problem is really the only Hangup at this point..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom