• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HTC Vive Launch Thread -- Computer, activate holodeck

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRed

Oh man I can't believe I've already gotten charged for the Vive. I've been waiting for the Rift and threw down an order for the Vive when I was frustrated with the Rift delays but still expected to get my Rift that I ordered in the first 6 minutes of being available to be the first one. I ordered the Vive on March 31st when it was clear the Oculus March estimate was complete BS. I thought I cancelled the Vive because I was scared to pay $900 but apparently I didn't and now I'm excited! Haven't even been paying attention to Vive stuff.

taco543

I tried to cancel the day I got the email, which was yesterday at 8pm because I wasn't ready.
That sucks dude but you got two options now either use it and enjoy it, or if you need the cash more right now flip it on eBay. They're selling for more than 900 right now and you can easily get your cash back and more if you try.

TheRed

I tried to cancel the day I got the email, which was yesterday at 8pm because I wasn't ready.

I believe you I was trying to find a way to cancel yesterday too but couldn't find it. The only way was when I called the customer service number that was hard enough to find as well I believe they could've cancelled for me but I decided to keep it. Really sucks for you that it's so not simple when you don't have the money ready. Hope you don't have too much trouble getting the money back from refund or selling it.

Finally got charged for my Vive and Rift today! I've never been so happy to see charges on my CC.

What was your Rift order time? And your location? I'm still waiting on that one as an 06:29 order.

Now that it's failed, call the bank again and you can authorize that specific charge to go through next time. After that, call HTC and ask them to try the charge again - they have a tool they can use to retry it while you're on the phone.

Call HTC after talking to your credit card company. They're able to manually try the charge now.

Okay, I think everything is cool now. I went to findmyorder.com and updated the cc (same one). Now my checking account shows

CHECKCARD 04/26 DRI*HTC CORPORATION ORDERFIND.COM MN -895.32
CHECKCARD REVERSAL 04/26 DRI*HTC CORPORATION ORDERFIND.COM MN +895.32
CHECKCARD 04/26 DRI*HTC CORPORATION ORDERFIND.COM MN -895.32

Tain

Friend of mine got his today. Just played Budget Cuts.

Yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Just got charged for mine, too.

Onemic

Shit, they just tried to charge mine and it failed authorization. I just paid my bill so it probably failed since it takes a few days for payment to actually reflect on your credit limit.

Damn it. Will they automatically try again or do I have to do it manually?

Shit, they just tried to charge mine and it failed authorization. I just paid my bill so it probably failed since it takes a few days for payment to actually reflect on your credit limit.

Damn it. Will they automatically try again or do I have to do it manually?

Just went through this myself. Go to findmyorder.com. You can either put in a new cc or retry the old one. Not sure if they'll try again automatically in a few days, though.

Is anyone else having issues logging in on the HTC Vive website? I'm trying to check my status but cannot log in. I've tried multiple browsers and on mobile. It's like it accepts my email and password but then goes back to "sign in" instead of showing my user name. Strange.

Is anyone else having issues logging in on the HTC Vive website? I'm trying to check my status but cannot log in. I've tried multiple browsers and on mobile. It's like it accepts my email and password but then goes back to "sign in" instead of showing my user name. Strange.

Been doing that to me most of the day.

Yes, same issue here.

yup all day but my last attempt about 20 mins ago let me in.

Compsiox

Banned
DFpiMvmYlSGT6PaK3a-K8w6xGXh5eMcfG-UpuVtHeEc.jpg

My PayPal funds are still being withheld because of some arbitrary nonsense, so it looks like I won't be able to pay for my Vive when the charge comes through. No idea what to do; does anyone know how long your order can still be in place after they notify you that the payment needs to be updated?

Zalusithix

So is anybody still waiting for a processing email? I've seen people with order dates stretching well into April at this point get an email, so I have to wonder how much of a queue is left. Going to place an order now shows June as a ship estimate, but it feels like they've practically killed the backlog before we've even officially hit May.

jaypah

Got pre-auth yesterday, status changed to pending fulfillment this evening, card charged in the last half hour. Order was placed on April 3, CC. It's always said May shipment and my order was so late that I'm just going to assume it's coming at the end of May. It's easier that way lol.

kenmid

So is anybody still waiting for a processing email? I've seen people with order dates stretching well into April at this point get an email, so I have to wonder how much of a queue is left. Going to place an order now shows June as a ship estimate, but it feels like they've practically killed the backlog before we've even officially hit May.
I haven't received anything, order on April 7th

That's what my page says too, so basically I'm just in the queue now for mine to ship? That would be great as I didn't expect mine until near the end of May.

You and every other May order is sitting at Pending Fulfillment. I'm not sure why, but people keep repeating that it's 4 days from charge to ship when its actually been anywhere from 4 days all the way to a week and a half.

General FYI: If you're in the US, sign up for FedEx Delivery Manager. It has been notifying people of their shipment before HTC.

I haven't received anything, order on April 7th

Are you in Canada?

Schryver

Ordered April 4th and got the upcoming charge email last night. Decided today I kinda want to cancel because I feel like I would be 'wasting money' since there will be a better version within the next 1.5? years and maybe Oculus touch will be better. Also might be traveling and no clue what my living situation etc. will be later this year. Anyways, they tried to charge me tonight but it got declined. Maybe it's a sign I should definitely cancel. Still really want to get it. Ughhhh

newsguy

Umm... it's been a super crazy work week for me. I've barely browsed Gaf and the last thing on my mind was my Vive order since it's due for May ship. Just checked my bank and the entire amount is currently processing. No emails, no warnings, just a big chunk of my account gone.

kaskade

I ordered through paypal and I just checked my order status and it says "In Process" Used to just say submitted. This thing should be shipping soon right!!!!???

I'm officially getting excited again. Hopefully the in process stage isn't long since I used Paypal and the funds are already gone.

Animator

I ordered through paypal and I just checked my order status and it says "In Process" Used to just say submitted. This thing should be shipping soon right!!!!???

I'm officially getting excited again. Hopefully the in process stage isn't long since I used Paypal and the funds are already gone.

Everyone I know got his vive a week after being charged. Hope it holds true for us as well.

kaskade

Two of my friends didn't. Their vive just showed up. Digital River is the worst.

I signed up for the FedEx delivery manager so hopefully I get some warning. I want to make sure someones there to sign for it or I can tell the driver to bring it to my work the day before delivery.

Animator

I signed up for the FedEx delivery manager so hopefully I get some warning. I want to make sure someones there to sign for it or I can tell the driver to bring it to my work the day before delivery.

Can you do that once it is in transit? I would really love to change the shipping adress to my work adress if possible.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'm hoping a lot of theses oculus patches etc for the likes of project cars, vorpx etc are just a byproduct of devs haven used oculus SDKs for a couple of years and DK1/2. Hopefully most games/apps will support vive soon.

derFeef

Order placed 2016-04-06
Order Status In Process

WOW?!?!?!

Not getting to exicited, but any change is good ;)
I guess two more weeks?

GlamFM

Banned
We got our VIVE last Friday.

Finally had the time to try it yesterday.

Played the lab for about an hour - this is the most amazing thing I have ever seen!

Ordered one for myself this morning.

My package has arrived in the country. DHL people claimed expected delivery tomorrow, but I hope their experience in delivering millions of packages to produce that estimate is overcome by my strong hope that they will get it to me today instead.

Can you do that once it is in transit? I would really love to change the shipping adress to my work adress if possible.

You might be able to sign up for alerts still, but in order to reroute packages you have to pay money. Sometimes they'll hold it at the sorting facility instead of attempting to deliver it, but either way you'll have to go to your local sorting facility to pick it up if you don't want it delivered to your chosen address.

derFeef

Is anyone using poles/telescopic rod/tripods for their Vive base stations?
Recommendations? Do they have the appropriate screwholes at the bottom? I guess so.

Durante

I just got a partial refund from digital river (~20€ or so). I'm not sure why (my order arrived 2 business days after it was sent) but I'll take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom