• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HTC Vive Launch Thread -- Computer, activate holodeck

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMACOMPUTA

Shouldn't Budget Cuts work as a "Standing" title as well? don't you point to move or something? at least from the trailer

On steam it shows as Room Scale only atm
Iirc they didn't have rifts to test with because oculus never returned their calls. Its supposed to come out for rift eventually.

Mikeside

I am not sure what people are expecting as it doesnt matter when the charge comes out. They can send it to you and you can have it and the charge can show a week later. As long as they have a preauth that has gone through regardless of dropping or not they can present the receipt and it will go through. Meaning once they have the preauth the money is guaranteed either way credit card or debit card. Even if you have gone over your limit or not enough money it will be paid you will just have to pay it back. That is through VISA, Mastercard, other card etc agreement guidelines. So don't worry if the debit is out or not.

It's not about when the charge happened, it's about the fact I had pre-ordered the thing within a minute of the page going live to be able to buy it & I've still got no shipping or idea when I'll get mine & there are plenty of people in the same boat.

They've stated that they're going out based on first orders first and that doesn't seem to be happening.

happy vive day~
iEX2pYC.png

It's not about when the charge happened, it's about the fact I had pre-ordered the thing within a minute of the page going live to be able to buy it & I've still got no shipping or idea when I'll get mine & there are plenty of people in the same boat.

They've stated that they're going out based on first orders first and that doesn't seem to be happening.

I understand that I had a order email at :02 and have just the your order is getting ready email and I confirmed that I was in the 1st wave with HTC. So I am in the same boat. I was addressing the payment drop off issue that some are questioning.

TheCrow

Damnit. Can't watch the stream since there's a broker meeting in the conference room with a clear line of sight of my monitor.

T.O.P

Banned
Iirc they didn't have rifts to test with because oculus never returned their calls. Its supposed to come out for rift eventually.

Never thought of it like that, if it's on the Rift too it must have a Standing Mode as well

My wishlist is getting damn big

viveks86

My Vive is in the city, but is not getting delivered until tomorrow. I called them and they said its in a giant container with a thousand other boxes so its not possible for me to drive over and pick it up. Grrrrr...

Durante

I played Lucky's Tale for a bit over an hour. It's a fun platformer.

Now I'm back to waiting for a Vive shipping email.

D23

id buy one if they bundled it with a pc.

my wife gave me the permission to buy... probably next year once more content is available to purchase

bj00rn_

Banned
The hold on my debit card disappeared. I can't believe the way they're handling this. You'd think a company as large as HTC would have thought this stuff through a bit better

Yep, it happened to me too; the "reserved" status just vanished without a trace, and the money is now in my hands again..

And of course, I can't even find the slightest hint of what's going on at Digital River / HTC. I bought some light stands from Amazon last week, and every step in the process was traceable and notified back to me.. A completely smooth experience. What a contrast..

taco543

I added some more reviews to the op couldn't add any quotes seeing as I need to get ready for work. But I posted links to the reviews I could find. Also Polygon posted this helpful image.

Krejlooc

Banned
I am planning to.

But the more I think about it, the less point I see in keeping the Rift. Still, I kind of enjoy having the DK1 box next to the DK2 box next to the CV1 box.

You know, you could sell the CV1 you have now for about $1700, then turn around and immediately buy a new one. You wouldn't get it for months, but you'd basically make $1100 and lose nothing but a few months.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I am planning to.

But the more I think about it, the less point I see in keeping the Rift. Still, I kind of enjoy having the DK1 box next to the DK2 box next to the CV1 box.

It's like collecting baseball cards, expect each one of these boxes are several hundreds of dollars!

Durante

It's like collecting baseball cards, expect each one of these boxes are several hundreds of dollars!
To be fair, what I actually paid for all three of the boxes together is less than what I would pay for the CV1 alone if I had to buy it.

Krejlooc

Banned
the overwhelming enthusiasm in response to the vive is amazing. I remember the first time they demoed the valve room at dev days, it felt like the goddamn future. They said it would be the experience we'd have at home in 3 years, and here we are today.

Qassim

Despite Daniel O'Brien saying he checked very recently ("less than an hour ago" 24 minutes ago) and CC orders were 'processing' and still insists shipment notifications will continue to go out today, I have basically no hope left.

brb crying myself to sleep.

the overwhelming enthusiasm in response to the vive is amazing. I remember the first time they demoed the valve room at dev days, it felt like the goddamn future. They said it would be the experience we'd have at home in 3 years, and here we are today.

Praise Gaben.

Haint

I knew HTC/DR were going to fuck up launch and shipping. Seems like most of the US with as early as 9:01 confirmations haven't heard a peep or seen any movement in actual processing. Begininng to look like Friday is a best case scenario at this point, if not next week. They better refund that forced $30+ expedited shipping like Oculus did.

Despite Daniel O'Brien saying he checked very recently ("less than an hour ago" 24 minutes ago) and CC orders were 'processing' and still insists shipment notifications will continue to go out today, I have basically no hope left.

brb crying myself to sleep.

Yep I'm the same, the way these launches are handled pisses me off. Makes me wonder why I bother.

Arulan

I am planning to.

It's a little sad to see the premier Oculus headset downgraded to collector status, but in your situation I'd probably do the same.

Why couldn't they have just launched with Touch. The Giant Bomb VR streams are vastly different at this point.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Just bought Cloudlands, modbox and Space Pirate trainer. Will buy theBlu when it releases. Thats brings my total list to

apps:
Jaunt
Virtual desktop
Apollo 11
IKEA VR

demo:
Budget Cuts Demo
Descent underground

Games:
Elite Dangerous
Cloudlands VR minigolf
The Lab
Modbox
Space Pirate Trainer
Fantastic Contraption
Job Simulator
Tilt Brush

I really need to free up some space or buy another drive. 250GB boot SSD, 1TB SSD for games, 1TB HDD all nearly full. Whats the sweet spot for HDDs these days - 2TB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom