• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HTC Vive Launch Thread -- Computer, activate holodeck

Status
Not open for further replies.
imaget4qir.png

This just can't be, is there any UK gaffer with a CC charge and ship? Please stand up.

b0bbyJ03

has there been any word on how devs are gonna handle the different controllers? seems that once the Rift comes out with its touch controllers the two headsets will be much closer in what they have to offer but knowing that the Vive comes with them in the box means that they will always be supported. Not sure that will be the case with the Rift unless the games use some kind of wrapper that makes the game work with both controllers. I've heard the the Rift touch controllers are superior but I personally decided to go with the Vive because i now the controllers will always be supported since they're included.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Post VR depression is a real thing. The moment you take the headset off you are like "fuck the real world is boring...."

That's both awesome and sad. I'm looking forward to experiencing it when my HMD arrives in October.

how are these people on the giant bomb stream so unfamiliar with all VR software. they've never heard of hover junkers.

I had to stop watching them. Painful reminder that I must have an above average IQ. I don't know, maybe that seems harsh but for big time "tech guys" it really seemed like they were painfully unimaginative and having an awfully hard time figuring stuff out versus the tons of youtubers and such that I've seen do things for the first time and "get it." I don't follow them so maybe this is how they always are but it is just such a stark contrast to the reactions I've seen elsewhere.

Oh well, back to watching impressive Vive tracking .gifs!

GentleFavoriteBrontosaurus.gif

taoofjord

I had to stop watching them. Painful reminder that I must have an above average IQ. I don't know, maybe that seems harsh but for big time "tech guys" it really seemed like they were having an awfully hard time figuring stuff out versus the tons of youtubers and such that I've seen do things for the first time and "get it."

Oh well, back to watching impressive Vive tracking .gifs!

GentleFavoriteBrontosaurus.gif

That gif really gets me. So awesome. Makes me think of Deus Ex.

Krejlooc

Banned
the end of that hover junkers round when the guy he was fighting stopped and waved to them, and they both didn't know how to respond at first.

So fucking awesome.

spekkeh

Banned
Maybe they are shipping the vive but tracking number are not sends out. Prettz strange but not impossible

For all we know he's shipping his ass from the toilet to the couch and considers this a vital step in the Vive shipment process. As long as no receipts are given, it doesn't mean anything.

IMACOMPUTA

Some new states have started receiving shipping notifications.
FL, GA, KS, MO, MD, VA from what I saw.

Someone in IN was told by an HTC support rep to expect a shipping notification email "within the next few hours".

^^ take that with a grain of salt obviously.

taoofjord

Some new states have started receiving shipping notifications.
FL, GA, KS, MO, MD, VA from what I saw.

Someone in IN was told by an HTC support rep to expect a shipping notification email "within the next few hours".

^^ take that with a grain of salt obviously.

I hope so. I haven't personally seen any shipments to MD yet on Reddit but I may have missed them.

taoofjord

And now I'm super hopeful again and not at all prepared to end up heartbroken for the fifth day in a row but the hype train must roll again.

Ummm okay be left in mystery.

My order is clearly delayed, I shouldn't have to jump through hoops to work out how long by.
Oculus emailed me around the time I expected mine to arrive, hopefully HTC will do the same. Fingers crossed they'll refund the exorbitant shipping costs as well!

Compsiox

Banned
My order is clearly delayed, I shouldn't have to jump through hoops to work out how long by.
Oculus emailed me around the time I expected mine to arrive, hopefully HTC will do the same. Fingers crossed they'll refund the exorbitant shipping costs as well!

The live chat is there to be utilized. If you're not going to utilize it then stop complaining please. I get that they should probably let you know themselves but it's very easy to get the help you want.

Evo X

I'm hoping for shipping refund too(as it was $80 fucking dollars), but don't think they will. HTC is getting nowhere near the backlash that Oculus did last week.

The live chat is there to be utilized. If you're not going to utilize it then stop complaining please. I get that they should probably let you know themselves but it's very easy to get the help you want.

Actually it's not very easy when the live chat is closed for the day.

Bsigg12

Live chat has only lead to extremely vague answers for me, regardless of who it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom