• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"I need a New PC!" 2013 Part 2. Haswell = #IntelnoTIM, but free online. READ THE OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

Hey Hazaro and Mkenyon,
I need some PC+Dota advice. I'm looking for a single video card (or cheap crossfire) that can run 120fps Dota on my secondary rig. Tried googling 120hz Dota but I have no clue.

AMD Phenom II X4 965
8MB ram
ASUS M4A79T Deluxe (AM3)
AMD6950 1GB
Windows 7
650W power supply

This oldie goldie runs ok, but if I can cheaply/wisely spend for 120Hz and nail those last hits on this rig I would be most appreciative. Or suggestions in general. TY

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
So, I'm looking at the SFF Enthusist build listed in the OP for the Fractal Node. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=65541586&postcount=3

Would this still be accurate? Is i7 worth the money over the i5 if all I do (in addition to gaming) is some video editing and backing up of my DVDs/music for streaming? I would be picking up the case, mobo, cpu, ram (I think mine may be low profile enough though) and psu. I would be reusing my SSD and HDDs.

Also, is Win 8.1 worth the pick up now or stick with Win7?

Addnan

So, I'm looking at the SFF Enthusist build listed in the OP for the Fractal Node. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=65541586&postcount=3

Would this still be accurate? Is i7 worth the money over the i5 if all I do (in addition to gaming) is some video editing and backing up of my DVDs/music for streaming? I would be picking up the case, mobo, cpu, ram (I think mine may be low profile enough though) and psu. I would be reusing my SSD and HDDs.

If you want your video editing and stuff to go faster then sure it's worth it. An i5 will do the same work, but probably a little slower.

Go for 8.1 now, no point to stick with 7 at this point.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
If you want your video editing and stuff to go faster then sure it's worth it. An i5 will do the same work, but probably a little slower.

Go for 8.1 now, no point to stick with 7 at this point.

Thanks. Something to consider I suppose. =)

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
PCPartPicker might be my new favorite site.

I game primarily in 1080p. I think this computer will keep me happy for quite a while. Anyonne see any need to change anything? I'll add more HD's later thus I'm getting a slightly larger PSU. The video card is actually $500 on newegg, but it hasn't udpated.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($239.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($35.98 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($159.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($174.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card ($533.98 @ Newegg)
Sound Card: Asus Xonar DSX 24-bit 192 KHz Sound Card ($47.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Antec Nine Hundred ATX Mid Tower Case ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Cooler Master V700 700W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $1549.86
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-10-31 20:22 EDT-0400)
I'd get low profile RAM and another case besides the Antec 900 unless you really like it.
Hi guys, I have no clue what I'm doing. So I was wondering if anybody could look at my build and inform me if I'm making a bad choice and/or my build has a high probability of exploding:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($248.00 @ Vuugo)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($31.06 @ DirectCanada)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($158.75 @ Vuugo)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($67.99 @ Amazon Canada)
Storage: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($104.50 @ Vuugo)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($68.50 @ Vuugo)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card ($366.00 @ Vuugo)
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN7200ND 802.11b/g/n USB 2.0 Wi-Fi Adapter ($20.26 @ DirectCanada)
Case: Corsair 400R ATX Mid Tower Case ($88.58 @ DirectCanada)
Power Supply: SeaSonic 620W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($98.98 @ Newegg Canada)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($18.40 @ DirectCanada)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - OEM (64-bit) ($105.39 @ DirectCanada)
Total: $1376.41
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-10-31 18:01 EDT-0400)

This will primarily be used for gaming @ 1080p 60fps, and everything needs to be able to ship to Canada. Thanks in advanced for possibly saving the life of me/my family.
As mentioned above you can probably bundle the CPU and Mobo from NCIX. Maybe the V700 or a Corsair HX model are available options at that $100 price point for PSU?

Samsung 840 / EVO instead of the Sandisk
I was just using PCPartPicker's default settings, will look at NCIX for possible lower prices. I'll also look elsewhere for a Windows 8 key if it's that cheap.

Will the 2 GB of VRAM on the 770 matter compared to the 3 GB on the 280X?
The only time I've seen over 2GB of VRAM is on BF4 beta with very high settings (1950MB), so up to you.
So my parts arrived and are now in my case. Old PSU was fine, old CPU watercooler was fine (though had to fiddle with some of the screw setting things). Everything went smoothly apart from the SSD coming with a dodgy cable causing it to randomly drop connection and not show up as a thing on boot. Just used a spare cable and it's fine now. RAM not here yet, should hopfully be here before the week ends. Currently using 4GB as the RAM only works in pairs on this board. Played a few things on ultra. was nice seeing the full PhysX effects in Borderlands 2 and playing BF3 on ultra. Did want to play some Batman but for some reason, even though the DL completed before I upgraded steam said nope and redownloaded it, even though the files were there. even tried making the folder for it and everything. Every other steam game that was downloaded works fine. Had to fuck about a bit with origin but got that working.

It's really nice to play games at max in 3D at 60fps. Also, Dolphin runs awesome now. Not figured how to get 3D running in the latest version. I remember it working in one of the old versions but I dunno if it still will.

EDIT: quick question. How do I go about removing the redundant windows files from my HDD? I've got a nice fresh windows 7 install on my SSD but now I no longer need the windows files on my (old) primary HDD. The space could go towards a game install or something. I don't wannt just delete the windows folder without checking just incase I need something from there.
You can search for a duplicate file searcher maybe?
Glad to hear you are happy with the performance.

An OC'd i5 is more than enough for very quick video editing, I did a fair amount of it on my 2500K and the jump to a 2600K wasn't that noticeable for the tasks I was doing.
Hey Hazaro and Mkenyon,
I need some PC+Dota advice. I'm looking for a single video card (or cheap crossfire) that can run 120fps Dota on my secondary rig. Tried googling 120hz Dota but I have no clue.

AMD Phenom II X4 965
8MB ram
ASUS M4A79T Deluxe (AM3)
AMD6950 1GB
Windows 7
650W power supply

This oldie goldie runs ok, but if I can cheaply/wisely spend for 120Hz and nail those last hits on this rig I would be most appreciative. Or suggestions in general. TY
Overclock the shit out of your CPU, your 6950 is more than enough.

I'd get low profile RAM and another case besides the Antec 900 unless you really like it.

As mentioned above you can probably bundle the CPU and Mobo from NCIX. Maybe the V700 or a Corsair HX model are available options at that $100 price point for PSU?

Samsung 840 / EVO instead of the Sandisk

The only time I've seen over 2GB of VRAM is on BF4 beta with very high settings (1950MB), so up to you.

You can search for a duplicate file searcher maybe?
Glad to hear you are happy with the performance.

An OC'd i5 is more than enough for very quick video editing, I did a fair amount of it on my 2500K and the jump to a 2600K wasn't that noticeable for the tasks I was doing.

I actually have the old version of the antec 900 and the HD bays about me but I love the airflow the case has.

Is there anything to know about buying low profile ram? I'm sure all the ram I've bought had been normal.

Random Q: Windows 8.1 is a free upgrade to 8 right?

velociraptor

Okay, so my 250GB Samsung SSD arrived from Amazon.

I plan on installing Windows 8.1, installing all drivers and Windows Update, and then making a clone of my hard drive.

My plan is:
1. 250GB SSD
2. 871GB Data Drive (1TB gives 931GB on my PC. Splitting into two).
3. 50GB Windows Backup

Now my question is... what is the best possible way to clone/backup this drive? What software do I use?

Damian.

Banned
Update on my purchase of the VG248QE. As soon as I changed the refresh in Windows to 144hz, holy shit! I can track my mouse across the screen without any blur, windows minimize and maximize at a smoothness I never thought possible.

Played a couple rounds of Battlefield at adaptive vsync half refresh rate in NVCP, and 72FPS gives a level of smoothness completely unmatched by playing the game at 60fps, even a 12fps increase was instantly noticeable. Approaching my plasma levels of smoothness. Can't wait to try a game at 120/144hz.

Second thought, the colors and screen need some real calibration unfortunately. That area is quite a big downgrade from my stock Viewsonic 24" LED I had. Anyone know any good settings?

Bittercup

Hi, I want to upgrade my PC but I'm not sure what's the best approach.
Currently I have a Q8400 with 4GB DDR2 RAM and a GTX460 1GB (the mainboard only supports PCIe 1.0 if this matters). Unreal Engine games usually run fine with 60 fps most other games are around 30 fps or less. At least with all the settings high and I don't like lowering graphical settings.
I thought about replacing CPU/mainboard/RAM to a i5-4670k with 8 DDR3 but I'm not sure how much this will help. More RAM is certainly nice and adding DDR2 to my current system doesn't seem like a wise investment but I have the impression that it's more the GPU is not fast enough for high settings in games. Lowering to medium/normal usually increases the fps significantly. The only exception I noticed was Splinter Cell Blacklist where the CPU is limiting.
The next game I'm looking forward to is Assassin's Creed 4 and AC3 only runs at ~15-20fps in cities with max settings and the lowest settings cap at 30fps (the game probably has no triple buffering).
Lowering the resolution down from 1080p is not an option for me and 60fps would be nice, but are not absolutely must have for me. And with AC4 having all those nice graphical improvements I fear it will be unplayable on the highest settings. The other game I'm looking forward is the Witcher 3 but that's probably too far in the future to guess hardware requirements.
So I'm not sure what to do. Worth it to spent 200€ for a new CPU? Mine is relatively old but doesn't feel that slow in most games. Better buy a new GPU instead and keep the rest? Wait for a better time to upgrade? The little RAM I have is annoying though.
If I would replace all parts together the only GPU I could affort would be a GTX 670 with 2GB or a 760 with 4GB or at highest a 770 with 2GB but that's already stretching my budget (below 300€, more towards 200€, higher end of 200€ only if necessary or stupid otherwise to save a few € instead of getting a noticeable improvement). Would this be sufficient? Only 2GB makes me a bit nervous. And for the last ~15 years I never spent that much money on a GPU and got along fine with it but below 200€ doesn't seem to give a worthy improvement right now.
So I rather spent more but don't want to waste money and don't want my new PC to be outdated too fast, especially with the new console generation starting and system requirements for PC games probably rising. I just want to play modern games with nice visuals.
I hope someone can give me his/her advise or thoughts :)

Spazo

I'm looking to buy a new graphic card to be able to play at high / ultra at +60fps at 1080p

current setup:

i5 2500k @ 4ghz
8 gig ram
570 gtx 1.2GB

- Can someone explain me the difference between Radeon HD and R9 ?
- Do you recommend me Radeon over nvidia for Battlefield 4 ?
- Gigabyte Radeon HD R9 280X 3GB or Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB ?

kharma45

I'm looking to buy a new graphic card to be able to play at high / ultra at +60fps at 1080p

current setup:

i5 2500k @ 4ghz
8 gig ram
570 gtx 1.2GB

- Can someone explain me the difference between Radeon HD and R9 ?
- Do you recommend me Radeon over nvidia for Battlefield 4 ?
- Gigabyte Radeon HD R9 280X 3GB or Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB ?

-New name is all
-When Mantle comes out it'll likely be better
-At the minute I'd go with the 770 at 1080p

Spazo

-New name is all
-When Mantle comes out it'll likely be better
-At the minute I'd go with the 770 at 1080p

Mantle will work on a 280X ? or it is only 290X +

edit: its says: You'll need at least a 7xxx-series GPU to take advantage of Mantle.

but is the R9 280X a 7xxx-series ?

cyen

GAF I just ordered Galaxy hall of fame edition GTX 780. Seeing how 780Ti was going to be ridiculously expensive, 290x has little overclocking potential etc. and how HOF edition 780 beats the shit out of even Titan and overclocks like hell (of course beating a 290x too), I placed the order. I am getting it cheaper than I would get a stock GTX 780 (even after price drop) or 290x here in India.
Did I do a mistake? It was the right choice, right? Gaf?

I was on the same boat, waiting for 290x but even if it´s a superior GPU i bought a Asus 780 Direct CU 2 OC after the price drops.

After some tweaks got it at 1240 boost clock and 6500 memory, and the best thing, is super silent i dont even notice the fans while gaming.

Pic after assembly:

cz0gDgm.jpg

kharma45

thanks , another question. any difference bettwen 280x and HD 7970 ?

If its the same with no performance boost, should I get the HD 7970 since it is cheaper ?

280X is just a re-badget 7970 GHz. Some models have new coolers though.

If the 7970 is cheaper and comes with the free game bundle I'd take it over the 280X.

nbthedude

thanks , another question. any difference bettwen 280x and HD 7970 ?

If its the same with no performance boost, should I get the HD 7970 since it is cheaper ?

The 280X is just a 7970 GHZ edition rebranded.

The only difference with a vanilla 7970 is clock speed. If you can find a cheap 7970 with a good cooler, go for it.

I was on the same boat, waiting for 290x but even if it´s a superior GPU i bought a Asus 780 Direct CU 2 OC after the price drops.

After some tweaks got it at 1240 boost clock and 6500 memory, and the best thing, is super silent i dont even notice the fans while gaming.

Pic after assembly:

cz0gDgm.jpg

What case is that?

Defuser

Not sure this is the right place to ask but I just bought a Razer Abyssus mouse but it doesn't not seem to work. Device manager shows it as a unknown device properties plus the razer drivers doesn't seem to help at all.

I'm pretty sure the mouse works since I was able to use in the asrock BIOS and tried it on my laptop without any razer drivers. It just stopped working the moment I booted into windows 7. Currently tearing my hair over this and I'm damn sure it's something wrong with my windows but I tried alot of methods but no avail.

shira

Like I can get 120fps in Dota but I can't enable 120Hz in Windows 7 for 1920x1080 resolution on my benq xl2420t. (I can get 120hz for like 1024x768 max)
inmCbqKDoBU0H.jpg

Do I need a minimum crossfire for this kind of setup or has any budget card reached this 120Hz for HD resolution yet? or is there some trickery I can do to trick windows???

nbthedude

So my buddy has a serious problem. Was running his PC fine for the last month since he built it. Went to put in a new videocard last night and it would power on for 2 seconds and then shut off. After trying a bunch of stuff, we eventually reset CMOS and it booted.

So he was finally able to install videocard drivers. Then, just after he finished, his system powered down again and started the 2 second boot up and then powering down.

Specs:

i7 4770k
Asus Z87-A
Gigabyte 780 Windforce
Kingston Hyper Blue 8GB
Corsair 600w Power Supply

The motherboard has a series of lights to help troubleshoot. They light up in this pattern to let you know various items are ok through a check system 1) CPU 2) RAM 3) GPU 4) Boot Device

But his system is not even getting to the CPU check. It just powers on and then shuts down. When we reset the CMOS he did not have the video plugged up initially so wasn't able to enter settings. He had to restart to do that. After that it made it to Boot Device, which stayed lit up red. But then he was able to boot to desktop and start installing drivers. And it appeared everything was ok until it suddenly powered down and then it started over again.

Ideas?

EDIT: Nevermind, rebooting CMOS again fixed it. Hopefully for good this time!

the guts of my current setup are as follows:

i7-2600
8gb ddr3 ram
msi gtx570 twin frozr 3

questions:

-how set am i at cpu? will i not have to think of upgrading for another two years or so?

-with only 1.25 gbs of vram i feel my 570 is getting long in the tooth, should i hold off a bit on upgrading the gpu or is now a decent time? i want my next gpu to be a huge ass upgrade, are the current cards a big leap over the 570?

Dawg

the guts of my current setup are as follows:

i7-2600
8gb ddr3 ram
msi gtx570 twin frozr 3

questions:

-how set am i at cpu? will i not have to think of upgrading for another two years or so?

-with only 1.25 gbs of vram i feel my 570 is getting long in the tooth, should i hold off a bit on upgrading the gpu or is now a decent time? i want my next gpu to be a huge ass upgrade, are the current cards a big leap over the 570?

Don't upgrade the GPU... just yet. Wait for Nvidia's 8xx line next year, it will be the perfect time to upgrade.

Crawl

Simple question is haswell or ivy bridge-e worth a purchase for a noticeable upgrade over gaming performance of a 4.5ghz 2500k? or should i just upgrade my gpu till the cows come home?

nbthedude

Thanks !!

Actually I have a buddy that is looking to sell his Gigabyte 7970GHZ. He literally bought it last month with his new build and then he decided he wanted a 780 instead after the recent price drops partially due to wanting a Nvidia Shield as well. It hasn't even been used 3 weeks, maybe he played games on it for 4 or 5 hours total.

Hit him up via PM if you are in the US and interested.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/member.php?u=59371

IMACOMPUTA

still don't get why 200 cards aren't part of the reloaded promo. are they purposely trying to give nvidia more sales?
If they were to change this and have a game bundle included would people that already purchased get the games? Is that how amd rolls?

Also I hope the xfx power supply is good, because I just bought it.

Actually I have a buddy that is looking to sell his Gigabyte 7970GHZ. He literally bought it last month with his new build and then he decided he wanted a 780 instead after the recent price drops partially due to wanting a Nvidia Shield as well. It hasn't even been used 3 weeks, maybe he played games on it for 4 or 5 hours total.

Depending on the price, I'd consider that. I'd give spazo first dibs, though, if he's interested.

clem84

Gold Member
Anyone here have any experience with ibuypower.com? Their PC builder looks neat and I was thinking of buying there.

Spazo

I'm in Canada and I just ordered a Gigabyte 280x :)

Thanks for the offer

Depending on the price, I'd consider that. I'd give spazo first dibs, though, if he's interested.

Go ahead :)

Tablo

Simple question is haswell or ivy bridge-e worth a purchase for a noticeable upgrade over gaming performance of a 4.5ghz 2500k? or should i just upgrade my gpu till the cows come home?

You could see performance boosts from Haskell i7 or Ivy E, but wait until Skylake in 2015, that's when you'll have a worthwhile upgrade with more cores/threads and DDR4. At 4.5 GHz that 2500K is still potent.

Vercimber

Hello, Felix Lighter & Spazo--I am the guy with the one-month-old 7970 in new condition with very light use. If you're interested, please PM me. It is a Gigabyte Ghz Edition. It's on eBay now, but I will stop auction for NeoGaf anytime.

Spazo

Hello, Felix Lighter & Spazo--I am the guy with the one-month-old 7970 in new condition with very light use. If you're interested, please PM me. It is a Gigabyte Ghz Edition. It's on eBay now, but I will stop auction for NeoGaf anytime.

Like Ihave said, I already ordered a 280x. Felix Lighter feel free to PM Vercimber if your are interested

:)

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Update on my purchase of the VG248QE. As soon as I changed the refresh in Windows to 144hz, holy shit! I can track my mouse across the screen without any blur, windows minimize and maximize at a smoothness I never thought possible.

Played a couple rounds of Battlefield at adaptive vsync half refresh rate in NVCP, and 72FPS gives a level of smoothness completely unmatched by playing the game at 60fps, even a 12fps increase was instantly noticeable. Approaching my plasma levels of smoothness. Can't wait to try a game at 120/144hz.
Welcome
Okay, so my 250GB Samsung SSD arrived from Amazon.

I plan on installing Windows 8.1, installing all drivers and Windows Update, and then making a clone of my hard drive.

My plan is:
1. 250GB SSD
2. 871GB Data Drive (1TB gives 931GB on my PC. Splitting into two).
3. 50GB Windows Backup

Now my question is... what is the best possible way to clone/backup this drive? What software do I use?
I've heard Windows has one now, but I use Acronis True Image
Hi, I want to upgrade my PC but I'm not sure what's the best approach.
Currently I have a Q8400 with 4GB DDR2 RAM and a GTX460 1GB (the mainboard only supports PCIe 1.0 if this matters). Unreal Engine games usually run fine with 60 fps most other games are around 30 fps or less. At least with all the settings high and I don't like lowering graphical settings.
I thought about replacing CPU/mainboard/RAM to a i5-4670k with 8 DDR3 but I'm not sure how much this will help. More RAM is certainly nice and adding DDR2 to my current system doesn't seem like a wise investment but I have the impression that it's more the GPU is not fast enough for high settings in games. Lowering to medium/normal usually increases the fps significantly. The only exception I noticed was Splinter Cell Blacklist where the CPU is limiting.
The next game I'm looking forward to is Assassin's Creed 4 and AC3 only runs at ~15-20fps in cities with max settings and the lowest settings cap at 30fps (the game probably has no triple buffering).
Lowering the resolution down from 1080p is not an option for me and 60fps would be nice, but are not absolutely must have for me. And with AC4 having all those nice graphical improvements I fear it will be unplayable on the highest settings. The other game I'm looking forward is the Witcher 3 but that's probably too far in the future to guess hardware requirements.
So I'm not sure what to do. Worth it to spent 200€ for a new CPU? Mine is relatively old but doesn't feel that slow in most games. Better buy a new GPU instead and keep the rest? Wait for a better time to upgrade? The little RAM I have is annoying though.
If I would replace all parts together the only GPU I could affort would be a GTX 670 with 2GB or a 760 with 4GB or at highest a 770 with 2GB but that's already stretching my budget (below 300€, more towards 200€, higher end of 200€ only if necessary or stupid otherwise to save a few € instead of getting a noticeable improvement). Would this be sufficient? Only 2GB makes me a bit nervous. And for the last ~15 years I never spent that much money on a GPU and got along fine with it but below 200€ doesn't seem to give a worthy improvement right now.
So I rather spent more but don't want to waste money and don't want my new PC to be outdated too fast, especially with the new console generation starting and system requirements for PC games probably rising. I just want to play modern games with nice visuals.
I hope someone can give me his/her advise or thoughts :)
I would purchase a used 2500K and a new Z77/Z87 motherboard. You'll see a good boost in FPS and extra money can go towards a new GPU (Great deals on used one atm).
With regards to AA, is it a good idea to force FXAA via the control panel, and turn it off in the games?
Dunno, I never use FXAA. If it blurs it blurs it, performance impact is negligible either way.

Pic after assembly:

cz0gDgm.jpg
Nice!
Not sure this is the right place to ask but I just bought a Razer Abyssus mouse but it doesn't not seem to work. Device manager shows it as a unknown device properties plus the razer drivers doesn't seem to help at all.

I'm pretty sure the mouse works since I was able to use in the asrock BIOS and tried it on my laptop without any razer drivers. It just stopped working the moment I booted into windows 7. Currently tearing my hair over this and I'm damn sure it's something wrong with my windows but I tried alot of methods but no avail.
Is it in a USB 2.0 port? Have you installed updated USB 3.0 drivers? The Razer software?
Ask Razer for a replacement.
Like I can get 120fps in Dota but I can't enable 120Hz in Windows 7 for 1920x1080 resolution on my benq xl2420t. (I can get 120hz for like 1024x768 max)
inmCbqKDoBU0H.jpg

Do I need a minimum crossfire for this kind of setup or has any budget card reached this 120Hz for HD resolution yet? or is there some trickery I can do to trick windows???
Use DVI-DL or DP. DVI can't do 120Hz at 1080p.
Anyone here have any experience with ibuypower.com? Their PC builder looks neat and I was thinking of buying there.
Build yourself or use another service in the OP.

I've been going back and forth between buying a GTX 770 or a R9 280X, but I figured I can't make an informed choice until I know what the new AMD Never Settle bundle is going to be, which was confirmed two weeks ago as 'coming soon'. When do you people think we can expect the new bundle? Near the PS4/XBO release? Black Friday? Christmas? 2014!?

imotep

Neo Member
Hey guys quick question here,

Just installed my new msi gtx 780 and everything is up and running fine except when I launch games the resolution goes all weird. Doesn't matter what game it is, movies and internet work and display just fine.

Quick edit, when I drop a game out of full screen everything works perfectly. I'm starting to think this a tv issue, weird since it worked with my 7970 just fine.

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Majukun

is a different heat sink from the one that is sold with the cpu needed if i'm going to buy a i5 4670 and i don't want to overclock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom