• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"I Need a New PC!" 2014 Part 1. 1080p and 60FPS is so last-gen and your 2500K is fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried doing research online but cannot find any info. What kind of games would I see by going to 8gb from the 4gb of ram I have now? I am running a 7870 and an i5 760 @3.3ghz. Was thinking of making it a small upgrade until I possibly totally rebuild later this year or next.

I think COD Ghosts refuses to start without the minimum 6gb, even if it doesn't actually need it.

Dragon

Banned
Looking to still use my old computer for streaming:

Screen%20Shot%202014-01-14%20at%204.02.51%20PM.png

But looking to build a new computer for playing games. Is my old computer good enough to stream in 720p? Trying to decide between the Great Build and the Excellent - Best Overall. Is what I'm proposing a viable option or should I just stream and play from one comp?

nicjac

Hey guys,

finally put together my build. Very happy with it so far, everything was surprisingly easy.

As you might remember, I ordered a Noctua NH-D14 as my CPU cooler. I had to resort to installing the stock intel cooler (the one that came with my i7 4770K). I couldn't finalise the installation of the NH-D14, as I could only screw one side to the support bracket but not the other.

I contacted Noctua to ask if I was using the right fittings. It's kind of a weird situation as it is a 'special bundle' that contains a NH-D14 SE2011 with the fittings for the regular NH-D14 as apparently they were out of stock of regular D14s. So this might explain it. Oh well.

Another thing: my ram is running by default at 1300Mhz. Should I bother setting it to 1600Mhz in the Bios?

Thanks!

mkenyon

Banned
Looking to still use my old computer for streaming:

But looking to build a new computer for playing games. Is my old computer good enough to stream in 720p? Trying to decide between the Great Build and the Excellent - Best Overall. Is what I'm proposing a viable option or should I just stream and play from one comp?
Streaming is definitely better if you do the streaming from the second comp. No hit to performance on your primary machine. You'll just need some kind of capture card, and you're good to go.
So I'm looking for a 1150 (G3220) mobo that's 9.5x9.5 to fit a case that I have. Which would you all recommend? Preferably from Amazon.
What kind of CPU?
Another thing: my ram is running by default at 1300Mhz. Should I bother setting it to 1600Mhz in the Bios?

Thanks!
Just select XMP Profile in UEFI/BIOS. It's worth the few seconds it takes.

HelloMeow

I'm looking for some feedback on a somewhat unconventional system.
I'm building this PC for someone. He is going to use it as a virtual organ. The software requires a crapload of RAM. He asked me to build a PC with 64 gb ram.

How does this look? Are there any better options for a system with 64gb of ram?

EJLGFz1.png

Just a question, PC-Gaf, what would be the next step up from a XFX 1 GB HD 7770? I got it for 100 yesterday at Best Buy but I'm not quite as satisfied with it as I'd like, and I don't really know much of anything about graphics cards. Something around the 150 range would be where I want.

Also, how would I make this thing not so... loud?

kharma45

Just a question, PC-Gaf, what would be the next step up from a XFX 1 GB HD 7770? I got it for 100 yesterday at Best Buy but I'm not quite as satisfied with it as I'd like, and I don't really know much of anything about graphics cards. Something around the 150 range would be where I want.

Also, how would I make this thing not so... loud?

A good cooler will help there.

Is that $150 including selling the 7770?

Wiz

OK GAF, I need your divine wisdom and guidance. I want to build my first PC sometime this year, and I want it to handle games at an above average level as well as high level professional applications. Basically, a high-end PC. (but not extreme high end) I've already done all the part picking using this amazing guide I found online, now I only want to refine it if possible by reducing costs but keeping it as powerful as possible. My budget has no limit honestly (will be saving money for the next few months), but using my current build as a base, I'd like to know where I can save money without making huge sacrifices.

So here's what I've come up with.

Motherboard - ASUS Z87-A ATX - $139.99
CPU - Intel Core i5 4670K - $234.99
RAM - Corsair Vengeance 8GB - $96.99
HDD - Seagate Barracuda 2TB - $99.99
SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - $199.99
Optical Drive - LG 14X Blu-Ray Burner - $69.99
Video Card - EVGA GeForce GTX 760 - $259.99
NIC - NetGear Wireless N 300 - $7.99
PSU - Corsair 850w - $159.99
Case - Fractal Design Define R4 - $122.98
OS - Windows 8.1 - $99.99

Total - $1500 (I rounded up)

Not including monitors/keyboards/etc but I have picked some out. Basically want you guys to help me save money but still keep a powerful gaming PC. Also, I won't be buying any parts for a while, so if there's any upcoming deals or anything that are insanely good, please let me know.

Exuro

OK GAF, I need your divine wisdom and guidance. I want to build my first PC sometime this year, and I want it to handle games at an above average level as well as high level professional applications. Basically, a high-end PC. (but not extreme high end) I've already done all the part picking using this amazing guide I found online, now I only want to refine it if possible by reducing costs but keeping it as powerful as possible. My budget has no limit honestly (will be saving money for the next few months), but using my current build as a base, I'd like to know where I can save money without making huge sacrifices.

SDD - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - $199.99

Not including monitors/keyboards/etc but I have picked some out. Basically want you guys to help me save money but still keep a powerful gaming PC. Also, I won't be buying any parts for a while, so if there's any upcoming deals or anything that are insanely good, please let me know.
Get Windows from reddit. http://www.reddit.com/r/softwareswap

HoosTrax

SDD - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - $199.99

I would go lower on the PSU (meaning lower capacity, not lesser brand), and put the savings into a better GPU.

Do you really want a Blu-Ray burner? It is quite unconventional. Also the power supply is way too expensive for what it needs to power and you can get Windows 8 cheaper from Reddit as a person above me is saying.
And if you are going with that budget and CPU you really should get a more expensive graphics card.

Wiz

OK, this is very good savings. Thanks.

I would go lower on the PSU (meaning lower capacity, not lesser brand), and put the savings into a better GPU.
How much lower? I've read that 700w is the minimum I should go for in a rig like this one.

Do you really want a Blu-Ray burner? It is quite unconventional.
Also the power supply is way too expensive for what it needs to power.
And you can get Windows 8 cheaper from Reddit as a person above me is saying.
If you are going with that budget and CPU you really should get a more expensive graphics card.
Well, I need to at least burn DVD's and such...so I thought why not future proof the thing.
Again, what's the recommended watts?
What graphics card would you recommend? Besides a Titan...

kharma45

As above, swap to that reddit link for 8.1.

RAM wise that's an insane price for 8GB. Change to this at $60 after rebate but before shipping http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...ffiliateID=8BacdVP0GFs-s8EZQ0xAlJtjjiWlNE1hdQ

SSD this is $50 cheaper http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BQ8RM1A/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Do you need a BR drive?

Motherboard I prefer this http://us.ncix.com/products/?usaffi...A-Z87X-UD3H&manufacture=Gigabyte&promoid=1019

That PSU is way overkill too. I love a nice one as much as the next guy but that's mad for this build. If you still want bullet proof quality get this 750w XFX Gold for $85 after rebate http://us.ncix.com/products/?usaffi...vpn=P1-750B-BEFX&manufacture=XFX&promoid=1019 It's unbeatable at this money

Any recommendations on a good cooler?

Well I'm thinking about just returning the 7770 back to Best Buy and just spending an extra 50-70.

Most stuff from the likes of MSI, Gigabyte, ASUS, EVGA and a host of other brands.

So are we taking $200 total? If it were me I'd return the 7770 if it means you can spend $200-220 in total, I'll have some nice options if that's your budget then.

Most stuff from the likes of MSI, Gigabyte, ASUS, EVGA and a host of other brands.

So are we taking $200 total? If it were me I'd return the 7770 if it means you can spend $200-220 in total, I'll have some nice options if that's your budget then.
If $200 would be the best, then yeah I can do it. I just didn't really want to spend too much because I'm not that interested in having a high end rig where I can run everything on ultra, you know? If I can get Witcher 2 to play at a smooth framerate on high settings I'll be perfectly happy.

kharma45

If $200 would be the best, then yeah I can do it. I just didn't really want to spend too much because I'm not that interested in having a high end rig where I can run everything on ultra, you know? If I can get Witcher 2 to play at a smooth framerate on high settings I'll be perfectly happy.

How does $165 sound for a 660? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...301&nm_mc=AFC-IR&cm_mmc=AFC-IR-_-na-_-na-_-na

AMD wise it competes with the 7870. EVGA does one too for $5 more http://us.ncix.com/products/?usaffi...=02G-P4-3063-KR&manufacture=eVGA&promoid=1019

They're pretty good cards, only negative is the way the memory bus is it means that it's effectively a 1.5GB card rather than 2GB.

Raysoul

Thanks for those who responded to my post. I have another question. Can I build an AMD set that can match my previous Intel configuration? Will it be cheaper? If yes, how much?

Here's my previous post btw:

Ok, I'm planning to build a PC next month. I'm not really a computer noob, but I am very outdated about building a PC. Here is my preferred build based on Haz builds on the OP:

CPU: Intel i5 4430 4C/4T
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H
RAM: (4GB) <- Fill me in with this one
Graphics: GTX 650Ti Boost 2GB
Storage: 1TB WD Blue WD10EZEX
Power Supply: Antec VP450 or similar
Case: NZXT Source 210 or similar
Optical Drive: $20 DVD writer

Basically, I need a home/multimedia/work/semi gaming PC. Won't overclock. Little interest in PC gaming in general, except that I'll play MG: Rising and RockSmith (or maybe some other future games). Current monitor is a 720p Samsung monitor, but I might upgrade to a 1080p. Would not go over $500, and would appreciate if it would be priced lower. Also, I'm not from the US so the price here may vary.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

P.S. - How will Dolphin (Wii emulator) perform here?

Also, will ditch the Wii emulation. Thanks Ninty for the Wii U backward compatibility.

kharma45

Thanks for those who responded to my post. I have another question. Can I build an AMD set that can match my previous Intel configuration? Will it be cheaper? If yes, how much?

Also, will ditch the Wii emulation. Thanks Ninty for the Wii U backward compatibility.

You're still better with Intel. AMD has nothing that competes for gaming.

How does $165 sound for a 660? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...301&nm_mc=AFC-IR&cm_mmc=AFC-IR-_-na-_-na-_-na

AMD wise it competes with the 7870. EVGA does one too for $5 more http://us.ncix.com/products/?usaffi...=02G-P4-3063-KR&manufacture=eVGA&promoid=1019

They're pretty good cards, only negative is the way the memory bus is it means that it's effectively a 1.5GB card rather than 2GB.
That 660 is at an awesome price, I think I'll go ahead and get that.

Thanks for your help! Appreciate it.

Ragnarok

gamecube and wii games look soooooooo much better in Dolphin, dude.

Wiz

As above, swap to that reddit link for 8.1.

RAM wise that's an insane price for 8GB. Change to this at $60 after rebate but before shipping http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...ffiliateID=8BacdVP0GFs-s8EZQ0xAlJtjjiWlNE1hdQ

SSD this is $50 cheaper http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BQ8RM1A/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Do you need a BR drive?

Motherboard I prefer this http://us.ncix.com/products/?usaffi...A-Z87X-UD3H&manufacture=Gigabyte&promoid=1019

That PSU is way overkill too. I love a nice one as much as the next guy but that's mad for this build. If you still want bullet proof quality get this 750w XFX Gold for $85 after rebate http://us.ncix.com/products/?usaffi...vpn=P1-750B-BEFX&manufacture=XFX&promoid=1019 It's unbeatable at this money

I don't absolutely need one but I will most likely need a DVD/CD drive. My reasoning for getting the BR is just to future proof my build for use with BR.

I switched out the RAM, SSD (not sure why I didn't go Crucial from the jump) and PSU. I kinda like the Asus motherboard because it's a bit cheaper and has the same functions as that one (from what I can tell).

What's the best graphics card I can get without greatly raising my budget? If I can save enough in other areas then maybe I'll go for a Titan.

OK, this is very good savings. Thanks.

How much lower? I've read that 700w is the minimum I should go for in a rig like this one.

Well, I need to at least burn DVD's and such...so I thought why not future proof the thing.
Again, what's the recommended watts?
What graphics card would you recommend? Besides a Titan...

Go with kharmas advice on the PSU. Even that is still more than necessary for your build but so much cheaper. The advice on that website you are looking is very safe in its estimations. How much wattage you need depends on the parts you are going to end up with, but probably even with something like 550W you could make it.

The thing is that it needs to be a high quality PSU which is the most important. The safe estimations are in case you get a crappy one. The one that kharma posts is excellent.

And if you need to burn DVDs, which also typically is the case anymore you can just go with a regular one. Futureproofing is nice and all, but the blu-ray burners really are a lot more expensive. Are you planning on burning blu-rays or watch them on your PC? If not, you will probably not have a use for it.

I can't promise future games will not be coming on blu-rays for the PC. But there haven't been any signs of them doing so. All your games will probably be downloaded.

And as for the GPU, just go with what your budget allows: 760/770/780/780ti. When you have decided on the price range for your GPU, ask which brand is the best.

kharma45

I don't absolutely need one but I will most likely need a DVD/CD drive. My reasoning for getting the BR is just to future proof my build for use with BR.

I switched out the RAM, SSD (not sure why I didn't go Crucial from the jump) and PSU. I kinda like the Asus motherboard because it's a bit cheaper and has the same functions as that one (from what I can tell).

Go for a DVD drive for now, and then down the road if you need a BR drive then get one. Physical media is on the decline, I can't see the use of it but it's your call.

As for the motherboard the ASUS is still a find board, if a bit ugly :p

fyi for your build about 450w would be plenty, but that 750w is an extremely good unit and at that money is too good to pass up. It'll last you many a build.

keffri

Hello, I haven't posted on this site at all actually but I do lurk around a lot. I am interested in building a PC though I have 0 experience in the area. I've been reading the OP trying to become more knowledgeable in the subject of PC building as well as parts. I'm not looking to build anything amazing but something that would satisfy my PC gaming needs.

Like I mentioned before I'm not really sure what particular parts do or what parts are good or bad. I am really just looking at some of the builds the OP has posted and going from there.

Basic Desktop Questions

Your Current Specs: Pretty much using a outdated laptop right now. It cannot really play anything so that is the main reason I am looking into building a desktop.

Budget: I'd like to be around $450-$600 if possible, and I am in the US.

Main Use: General Usage I'm a current university student so I'll most likely spend most of my time using Word or being on the Web. My only other use would be gaming but nothing super intense.

Monitor Resolution: I'd like to play in 1080p, and I will be buying a new monitor.

List SPECIFIC games or applications that you MUST be able to run well: I'll most likely be playing World of Warcraft, and I would like to run it at a good FPS (45-60) on decent settings. PhysX, SuperSampling, and CUDA are not important to me cause I am not sure what they are.

Looking to reuse any parts?: Nope because I don't have any.

When will you build?: Within the next few months (I'm in no hurry.)

Will you be overclocking?: I wasn't planning too, but who knows.

I was looking at Haz's budget build for a starter ( http://i.imgur.com/hFPZ5HK.png ). I do not want to invest that much yet before I really know what I am doing. Would such a build be capable of doing what I would like it to? I have many more question but I will save that for another time.

Hello, I haven't posted on this site at all actually but I do lurk around a lot. I am interested in building a PC though I have 0 experience in the area. I've been reading the OP trying to become more knowledgeable in the subject of PC building as well as parts. I'm not looking to build anything amazing but something that would satisfy my PC gaming needs.

Like I mentioned before I'm not really sure what particular parts do or what parts are good or bad. I am really just looking at some of the builds the OP has posted and going from there.

Basic Desktop Questions

Your Current Specs: Pretty much using a outdated laptop right now. It cannot really play anything so that is the main reason I am looking into building a desktop.

Main Use: General Usage I'm a current university student so I'll most likely spend most of my time using Word or being on the Web. My only other use would be gaming but nothing super intense.

Monitor Resolution: I'd like to play in 1080p, and I will be buying a new monitor.

List SPECIFIC games or applications that you MUST be able to run well: I'll most likely be playing World of Warcraft, and I would like to run it at a good FPS (45-60) on decent settings. PhysX, SuperSampling, and CUDA are not important to me cause I am not sure what they are.

I was looking at Haz's budget build for a starter ( http://i.imgur.com/hFPZ5HK.png ). I do not want to invest that much yet before I really know what I am doing. Would such a build be capable of doing what I would like it to? I have many more question but I will save that for another time.

Yes for that budget you can easily have something that does the things that you want it do, since your demands are not very high. I am not sure what the best approach is, since you can go really budget. Maybe get an AMD processor and don't add a GPU at all.

You can probably also still squeeze a SSD in then which would make it much more nicer to work with.

kharma45

Basic Desktop Questions

$600 inc monitor as part of that budget?

Raysoul

You're still better with Intel. AMD has nothing that competes for gaming.

I don't really need a high-end gaming machine, and budget is still a concern. It would be better if you can explain why a similar AMD machine is nothing compared to an Intel i5 machine. (I'm not starting a whose a better machine here)

gamecube and wii games look soooooooo much better in Dolphin, dude.

I'm not a graphic whore and I can play Wii games with those jaggies.

keffri

Yes for that budget you can easily have something that does the things that you want it do, since your demands are not very high. I am not sure what the best approach is, since you can go really budget. Maybe get an AMD processor and don't add a GPU at all.

You can probably also still squeeze a SSD in then which would make it much more nicer to work with.

That's good to know. I'm not afraid to go over my budget, but I just bought a PS4 and a new TV so I really do not want to spend too much. I've got a lot of time to look into this so I'll probably look at all the options I have.

$600 inc monitor as part of that budget?

That budget is just for the PC and it does not include the monitor.

Wiz

Go with kharmas advice on the PSU. Even that is still more than necessary for your build but so much cheaper. The advice on that website you are looking is very safe in its estimations. How much wattage you need depends on the parts you are going to end up with, but probably even with something like 550W you could make it.

The thing is that it needs to be a high quality PSU which is the most important. The safe estimations are in case you get a crappy one. The one that kharma posts is excellent.

And if you need to burn DVDs, which also typically is the case anymore you can just go with a regular one. Futureproofing is nice and all, but the blu-ray burners really are a lot more expensive. Are you planning on burning blu-rays or watch them on your PC? If not, you will probably not have a use for it.

I can't promise future games will not be coming on blu-rays for the PC. But there haven't been any signs of them doing so. All your games will probably be downloaded.

And as for the GPU, just go with what your budget allows: 760/770/780/780ti. When you have decided on the price range for your GPU, ask which brand is the best.

Yeah, that's a good PSU deal, I'm planning on getting that one instead. Just wanted to make sure I have enough wattage. Better safe than sorry and all. :p

Okay, I'll look for a regular DVD drive for now. I don't really watch BR's or plan to, most of my media is digital. And yes, will most likely download my games as well.

My limit is about $499 so that would be a 780. If I can save money in other areas I will go for it.

Go for a DVD drive for now, and then down the road if you need a BR drive then get one. Physical media is on the decline, I can't see the use of it but it's your call.

As for the motherboard the ASUS is still a find board, if a bit ugly :p

fyi for your build about 450w would be plenty, but that 750w is an extremely good unit and at that money is too good to pass up. It'll last you many a build.

OK on the DVD drive.

Thanks guys!

My current price after these changes is - $1200. If I can save some more I'll bump up my graphics to a 780

kharma45

I don't really need a high-end gaming machine, and budget is still a concern. It would be better if you can explain why a similar AMD machine is nothing compared to an Intel i5 machine. (I'm not starting a whose a better machine here)

Even an i3 will outperform AMD in almost every scenario. Stuff from Intel consumes less power and has much stronger single threaded performance which is what matters. A comparable chip to the i3 would be the FX 6300 and even when all the 6 threads are utilised it barely beats the i3 since they're so weak.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EUUKVXM/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Would be great for an entry level rig.

That budget is just for the PC and it does not include the monitor.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i3-4130 3.4GHz Dual-Core Processor ($119.98 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Biostar Hi-Fi Z87W ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($98.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: A-Data XPG V1.0 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($72.27 @ TigerDirect)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 660 2GB Video Card ($164.99 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT Source 210 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case ($29.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Antec 450W ATX Power Supply ($34.99 @ Amazon)
Other: Windows 8.1 Pro ($25.00)
Total: $606.19
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-01-14 19:28 EST-0500)

If you want we can cut costs on the motherboard. I've chosen that one as it'd let you upgrade to a 4670K/4770K (or Broadwell) down the line, but if you can't see yourself doing that we can get it under $600.

A build like that would be

Motherboard: Biostar Hi-Fi B85S3+ Ver. 6.x Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.98 @ OutletPC)
Total: $567.19
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-01-14 19:30 EST-0500)

kharma45

Also for anyone looking at a 4670K (or a big SSD) there is a good deal in the BST thread I feel is well worth a look. $160 for a 4670K is a snip

Brand New Samsung EVO 500GB SSD $260

Used Intel i5 4670k (Socket 1150) $160

njeMt9vl.jpg

Both prices are shipped

US48 only, no trades

keffri

Even an i3 will outperform AMD in almost every scenario. Stuff from Intel consumes less power and has much stronger single threaded performance which is what matters. A comparable chip to the i3 would be the FX 6300 and even when all the 6 threads are utilised it barely beats the i3 since they're so weak.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EUUKVXM/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Would be great for an entry level rig.

Motherboard: Biostar Hi-Fi Z87W ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($98.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $606.19
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-01-14 19:28 EST-0500)

If you want we can cut costs on the motherboard. I've chosen that one as it'd let you upgrade to a 4670K/4770K (or Broadwell) down the line, but if you can't see yourself doing that we can get it under $600.

A build like that would be

Motherboard: Biostar Hi-Fi B85S3+ Ver. 6.x Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $567.19
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-01-14 19:30 EST-0500)

Cool, but as of right now I do not really see myself upgrading within at least a year of building the PC. If it is worth it to purchase it so it can be upgraded down the line I will do such just so I have the option if need be. I will probably wait a bit before I make any definite moves but this looks like a great start.

Also do you know of any places where I can learn more about different PC parts such as motherboards, CPUs, etc.? I appreciate the help/advice.

AJLma

Question:

How hard would it be, software wise, to upgrade my motherboard and CPU in my current build?

Will I need to reinstall Windows?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Question:

How hard would it be, software wise, to upgrade my motherboard and CPU in my current build?

Will I need to reinstall Windows?

You will almost definitely need to reinstall Windows, and you will definitely need to reactivate Windows. If you don't reinstall, assuming you don't get errors and blue screens, it probably won't take long for Windows to decide it's not genuine anymore. You will probably have to call MS have the license transferred. Painless, automated process (not sure about OEM copies though?)

Cool, but as of right now I do not really see myself upgrading within at least a year of building the PC. If it is worth it to purchase it so it can be upgraded down the line I will do such just so I have the option if need be. I will probably wait a bit before I make any definite moves but this looks like a great start.

Also do you know of any places where I can learn more about different PC parts such as motherboards, CPUs, etc.? I appreciate the help/advice.

A 4670K will likely be a solid CPU for a long time if you're willing to OC it, so even if you're upgrading 3 years from now it could be an option for you, instead of replacing the mobo+CPU+RAM.

The news/review sites in the OP are probably the best bets, some others are okay but are usually redundant or offer less in-depth reviews/information.

mkenyon

Banned
Holy cow, I want that new NZXT H440 case. It looks super nice in black and red.
TTL video review here.

If you want something sleek, but a bit more flashy than a Define R4 or Arc Midi, this seems like the case to get. It will definitely be making its way to the OP.

The included fan controller, PSU cover, and SSD mounting right below the motherboard is absolutely fantastic.

keffri

A 4670K will likely be a solid CPU for a long time if you're willing to OC it, so even if you're upgrading 3 years from now it could be an option for you, instead of replacing the mobo+CPU+RAM.

The news/review sites in the OP are probably the best bets, some others are okay but are usually redundant or offer less in-depth reviews/information.

I'll definitely take that into consideration then. Having the option to upgrade is always nice even if you don't need it.

I'll take a look, thanks.

Pandemic

May be a little off topic, but I'm cleaning my PC, and not sure to what to use? Anyone recommend a few things to clean a PC?

I was told to..
- Not use a vacuum
- Use a toothbrush

Anything else?

Jibbed

May be a little off topic, but I'm cleaning my PC, and not sure to what to use? Anyone recommend a few things to clean a PC?

I was told to..
- Not use a vacuum
- Use a toothbrush

Anything else?

A can of compressed air from your local supermarket works a treat for getting rid of dust.

You really don't want to be exposing your components to any kind of moisture; that includes your own breath (eg. blowing on stuff), or any other pressurized tools like a standard air compressor or hairdryer on cold setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom